IGNORED

Ever been too tired to continue fighting?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, biblelesson said:

I don't want you to misunderstand me.  Let me see if I can give you an example. 

If someone ask you for something, and say you have specific requirements, but you can see they are not a very honest person, but they know you are kind, and they ask kindly, and finally say, "only if you want too." 

So, now you look the situation, at the person, and determine that you are dealing with someone that's not very honest.  So you say no.  Not because they said, "only if you want to do" or for example, "thy will be done." But you decide "no" base on the person's dishonesty which would create a problem based on your requirements.   

Now say someone comes to you and ask you for something who is a very honest person, and they also say, "only if you want do it", or "thy will be done.  Again, you don't decide based on the words they said, "only if you want to do it," but you decide based on the fact that they appeared to you to be honest.  So you say "yes".  Not because they said the words, "only if you want to," but, because they have come to you in honesty, and are someone who respects you, therefore, they have fulfilled your requirements. 

And of course it is always according to God's will, and it's God's will that we believe Him according to the gospel. 

A person can present themselves wrong, even while saying, "thy will be done."  So it's not our words, it's God's will, his requirements.

Just curious…. You seem to be presuming that when we pray “Thy will be done,” our words are empty of meaning.  That’s a mighty big assumption. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

14 minutes ago, JustClay said:

Just curious…. You seem to be presuming that when we pray “Thy will be done,” our words are empty of meaning.  That’s a mighty big assumption. 

I can't speak for biblelesson, but when I pray for others, I always ask that His will be done in the persons life.  I can think of no greater blessing for the person I am praying for.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, JustClay said:

Maybe I misunderstand, but can you let me know what power do our words have over God when we say "Thy will be done" in our prayers, vs God's Power and what He chooses to do?  Meaning there are certain requirements to answered prayers, not just saying, "Thy will be done" at the end of our prayers.

Edited by biblelesson
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 8/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, other one said:

yes, actually one of those situations concerns my wife who came down with M.S.      I knew/know that it is nothing for God to heal her but to spite me asking for some time it just didn't happen...    well to make a long story short one day I just lost it....   went out into the back yard and raised my voice to God....    Actually I shook my fist in his face and actually screamed at him for a good ten minutes....   I ended my rant with something like, "well if you won't heal her at least tell me why."

Well a feeling came over me that I can't describe and I heard a voice just as real as if it came from in front of me and it quietly said in a very loving way, "That's between her and me Sam; and it's really none of your business."    

Well, what do you say to that....    after I stopped crying I went back inside and told my wife I loved her and I'd always be there for her...   30 years later, here we are...  she still has trouble getting around and can't stand the heat....   but we've had a super life and marriage and hoping for another 20 years or so if the beast doesn't get us.

Ah God is very matter of fact. That answer was very amazing and interesting. Hoping you too have another 20 yrs together as well. Also consider this-- just bc someone has perfect health doesnt mean theyll live long. I still remember my young coworker who was hit by a truck and died on his way to work so cherish your time with her illness or not. Everyday we wake is a blessing.

• Praise God! 2

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Blessings!  Brothers and sisters, here's the thing:  we cannot just sit by idling while the world passes us by and we do absolutely nothing "waiting" on God to do everything!  My whole point for asking this question was because I was growing weary from all the battles that I was having to fight!  For those who don't know or don't believe you are in a battle every single day, then one needs to go back and question their salvation?  You cannot be a true follower of Jesus Christ and have never encountered a single battle in your life whether it be your thought life, family life, personal life, work life...whatever, but in all true followers of Christ Jesus, the battle rages on!!!  But see, we have been given all the tools we need to fight these daily battles!  In the book of Ephesians (Eph 6:11,12) we are told to gird up!  Put on the whole armor of God and go out to the battle with God on our sides!  We wrestle not with each other or any flesh and blood, but against the rulers of darkness in this world against spiritual wickedness, powers and the like!!!  Well, I won't write any more on this topic.  You can believe what you want to believe and justify it however you want to justify it to continue in your walk with Christ.  What else can I say...?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 8/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, love child said:

Has anyone here ever prayed for something or someone in specific, believing for a change, that never happened? You believed it would because of the promises in the scriptures and so, you continued praying and believing for years...and yet, you never saw any changes  whatsoever in your circumstances. Did you continue to walk by faith or just accepted it for what is was, realizing that it may never change? 

Prayer is for us to be changed, and not the circumstances around us. It is our vision about Jesus and this world which need to change.