• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

It's the prerogative of moderators to step in if posts become too antagonistic. Here on Worthy Christian Forums if they are not purged altogether repeat offenders are consigned to Mars Hill. What starts as nitpicking ends up being a brawl sometimes so little wonder moderators move to put restraints in place. 

Anyway, back to the topic, regarding the faith of Jesus, this verse settles the matter when He commends the ekklesia in Pergamos by saying they have not denied "my faith".  

Rev 2:12-13  And to the angel of the ekklesia in Pergamos write; These things says he which has the sharp sword with two edges;  (13)  I know your works, and where you dwell, even where Satan's seat is: and you hold fast my name, and have not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.

I never read Revelation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 9/3/2020 at 9:47 PM, Peterlag said:

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 3:13
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:13
Holding fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

We know that the biblical word “faith” means a firm persuasion, the conviction that is based upon hearing, and not upon sight or knowledge. From the context in the Bible, this word “faith” means believing, a firm confidence, trustworthiness, and certainty. I am not trying to say such words do not define the word “faith” because they do. However, when it comes to the faith of Jesus Christ, we must understand the relationship Jesus Christ has with God to have this faith. It's beyond just trusting God because of the acceptance of the new established covenant that demands obedience to God’s testimony.

Faith is not a leap in the dark, but a leap through the dark into the light. It's the intelligent acceptance of the report of a reliable witness that would persuade one to accept something as the truth in the reliability of the testimony. The faith of Jesus Christ is the relationship existing between God and Christ in the bond of the covenant between them. To recognize and acknowledge the relationship God has entered into with Christ, we must first understand that God is the originator of the covenant relationship, and God is the one who brings into being things that did not previously exist. This is His oath, His covenant, and He can be relied on to keep His part of the contract because He guarantees it, and this is His truth.

Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son who is expressing the acknowledgment of his Father’s promises and power. As I stated earlier, the faith of Jesus Christ is the relationship existing between God and Christ in the bond of the covenant between them. The faith Christ has is his faith because of his acknowledgment and acceptance of his Father’s new covenant. Thus, the “gospel of Christ” is born. This faith Jesus Christ has is solid because it's the trust Jesus Christ has with God, who brought him into this special relationship that created the bond of the new covenant between them.

We can tap into this faith by our believing and walk and live within the power of the Scriptures because we are connected to the faith of Jesus Christ. It's not our believing that makes us righteous, but the faith of Jesus Christ, whereby we not only have our standing, but also have access to the high and holy privilege that comes with that spiritual standing.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It's not how to get Christ to live within our natural realm, because the things of the spirit cannot enter the things of the flesh, and be subject to the obedience of the natural realm. But to let Christ live within, by letting our spiritually renewed mind into his spiritual world, and letting his spiritual faith function within our natural world. The “Christ in you” is the ability to walk and talk with him, doing what he would have us do rather than walking by our senses or by the dictates of any human doctrine.

We have the power within us of unlimited potential, and we can reach forth with the touch of the Master’s hand because he is in us—inside our being. And this is why wherever we are with God in Christ in us, we will have that same radiance, that same light, and that same life, which has magnified the Christ to shine. Not because of who we are, but because of what God made us to be when He created in Christ Jesus. God’s seed in us, also known as the gift of holy spirit, is our connection to God, who is the Holy Spirit. The gift of holy spirit is our power base because of our connection to Christ.

In short, the Faith of Jesus Christ is Perfect and that is the "Mustard Seed Faith".

Edited by Refresher

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

I never read Revelation.

You should. 

Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Your blessing awaits.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Okay thanks... so how does a thread get closed? Too many responses? Out there too long? Someone did not like how it was going? The one who started it ended it? What?

A number of ways. Yes, sometimes the one who started it, asks for it to be closed and we generally honor that request. Usually when that happens, it is because the thread got ugly, and probably either are embarrassed or ashamed of the fact that the perfectly fine thread they begam got ugly, and do not want to be associated with it, can we really blame them?

Too many responses would probably never be a problem. A large amount of responses in a short amount of time might tend to draw attention to it, but that wound get it closed, it just means that  it might get looked at to see what all the hubbub is about.

Out there too long? No. We have threads that have been here over a decade. However, there are times when occasionally we need to free up space on the servers, and older things might get removed, especially if they have not been commented on or replied to in several years.

Someone did not like how it is going? That is also not a reason to close a thread. First off, only a few here can close a thread, and we tend to have opinions, just like all thinking people do. Sometimes we may not like the opinions, but it is not about our opinions, nor what we like.

When people join Worthy the represent that they agree to abide by our term of service. Reading the TOS, is a good place to start. When people do not stick to these terms that they already have agreed to abide by, that can result in a number of responses from the staff.

Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes they might get an unofficial warning, intended to just alert them to the fact that they are getting out of line, and need to rethink their behavior. Sometimes they are given an official warning, which means the warning is recorded in our records and helps us to recognize when a person is a repeat or frequent offender.

We undertand that people are passionate, and have moods etc., but the fact that people are not perfect, does not mean they get a pass. People are still expected to behave within the parameters they agreed to, people are expected to be responsible;e for their own behaviors.

So, in regards to threads or even posts within threads, the behavior of the users, is looked at usually more closely, that the content of what they post. If behavior or content is particularly objectionable, then different things may happen. If one person is the problem, then most likely that person will be prohibited from further participation in that thread. It might be that just one of their posts is a problem, in that case we might just hide that one post from view. If many posts in a thread are an issue, we might remove them all. When more that two individuals are the problem, we respond in a way that seems best. Sometimes two or more individual are tag teaming. Sometimes they are on opposite sides of an issue. Some times groups of people will follow another member around to pounce on another whom they do not like for some reason.

In these scenarios and others there is one or more things in common, tension, disharmony, name calling, hurt feelings, etc. Conversely, there are thing missing, like maturity, tolerance and love.

This place is called Worthy CHRISTIAN Forums, When people stop acting like Christians should, then they not displaying the fruit of the Spirit which Christians have by nature of the new birth. Maybe they are not really Christians. They ma be sincere, they may go to church, read their Bible, give generously etc. but real Christians act like what they are, and that is lovers of others, even their enemies.

When a person posts here, they should post with a long view and a bigger picture in mind. The long view is, the eternal one.First there is a long view, that what is written is here for years, and seen by potentially many thousands. The next part of the long view is, that people will one day, meet their maker. a question to ask oneself is:

"When I am in eternity, will I look back and be able to say to the Lord, that I am glad that is was loving and truthful, not prideful and arrogant when addressing strangers and brothers and sisters?"

If you can ask yourself that question, and answer it with a "yes", then you are ready to hit the reply button. If everyone did that, thread closures would be rare, if they ever happened at all.

In the real world of Worthy, we do not see that. What we too often see instead, is people treating each outs as enemies, and telling the world by their example, that Christianity is fake. That is the message we are sending. John 13:35

Now, here is the thing with thread closures. We have limited resources it terms of personel and the hours they can devote to monitoring this forum. We do not have the time to babysit, and we do not want to be forum cops. We would love to see people so well behaved, that we do not need to pay attention to the pettiness that can go on here,

When a thread goes from a responsible, courteous discussion of ideas to a few people who have to let everyone know that they are the correct one, and everyone who disagrees is therefore wrong, and they start adding to that insults or other personal attacks, it can go several ways.

One is, the we can deal with the few problems with many a comment in the thread, or a private note to an offender, and it straightens out, and all is well. Another way it can go, is that it has so much substandard material, that there is more than we have the time to deal with, it is beyond practical recovery. We are not able to fix the problem, but we cannot let it continue to fester. In that case, it is a judgement call to close the thread down to prevent further damage. Sometime a thread is bad enough we do not merely close it to further activity, we just delete is, as it is totally unworthy to be here representing the faith and the faithful.

Yes there are a few of us who have the responsibility to make those calls, and that might seem fair. Maybe it isn't fair. However, while we have that job, it is not something that we enjoy doing. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to do my part here, but I would rather not have to do it. We administrators are tasked with trying to reach a balance between the freedom of expression, and a properly, orderly, respectful forum. We are not perfect, we do not claim to be. Maybe some here could do better, and maybe God will raise such people up. For the moment, it is we to whom that task is appointed. The members of the forum, are the ones who decide by the content of the posts they write, which threads remain, and which ones close.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe the combining of these thoughts clarify 'faith of Christ':

John 1:1-4

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
KJV

Eph 3:9

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
KJV

Rom 1:18

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

John 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

Seeing by Jesus The Christ through The Word both spoken and written it is understood

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

18 hours ago, Peterlag said:

It was not my post and I can't find it either. It was a post asking if you are a King James only person.

You are probably referring to this thread:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/257058-a-discussion-of-bible-translations/ 

and it might be informative for you to read the last couple of posts in that thread!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Okay thanks... so how does a thread get closed? Too many responses? Out there too long? Someone did not like how it was going? The one who started it ended it? What?

That's generally up to the Mods; although I think that the person whose thread it is can delete it, if he has enough posts (that's what I've heard, but I don't know how many posts you have to have under your belt - probably a large number).

3 hours ago, David1701 said:

That's generally up to the Mods; although I think that the person whose thread it is can delete it, if he has enough posts (that's what I've heard, but I don't know how many posts you have to have under your belt - probably a large number).

I'm not happy if I can't have free speech.

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You are probably referring to this thread:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/257058-a-discussion-of-bible-translations/ 

and it might be informative for you to read the last couple of posts in that thread!

I looked at the last couple of pages and did not see anybody being rude. I really believe in the KJV and stated an example or two as to why. Was that rude and was it your post?

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

You should. 

Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Your blessing awaits.

I do not believe it has much to do with Christians. Seems to be all Israel right down to the candle sticks it mentions.