• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, fishergirl said:

often wonder how two people in the same "relationship" could be praying opposite prayers. 

Are you praying opposite prayers? As Wow has said you have the intelligence to know this guy isn't right for you! You know what the next step is, but won't take it.

Sit down with pen and paper and write out a list of why he is Mr Right and you should marry him.

Then write out a list of why you should not be dating him.

Read the lists, sleep on them and read them again tomorrow.

What ar you going to do? Mary him or tactfully say I know longer want to go out with you, good bye.

God does not answer prayers when we already know the answer.

Edited by Who me

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, fishergirl said:

I've been going out with the same guy for a couple years.  He is a Christian.  For various reasons, I don't feel that he is the person God has chosen for me.  He tells me what a blessing I am in his life.  And when he prays, he always thanks God for bringing us together.  When I pray, I try to give the situation to God and ask Him if this is the person for me.  I have never really felt comfortable around this person.  I think we've just gotten used to being around each other.  Sometimes I ask God to take me out of the situation.  I know nobody has the answer but God.  I often wonder how two people in the same "relationship" could be praying opposite prayers. 

If you have never felt comfortable around this person why are you still dating Him? If he has become a habit then you are in a dangerous position. Let him go. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

23 hours ago, fishergirl said:

I've been going out with the same guy for a couple years.  He is a Christian.  For various reasons, I don't feel that he is the person God has chosen for me.  He tells me what a blessing I am in his life.  And when he prays, he always thanks God for bringing us together.  When I pray, I try to give the situation to God and ask Him if this is the person for me.  I have never really felt comfortable around this person.  I think we've just gotten used to being around each other.  Sometimes I ask God to take me out of the situation.  I know nobody has the answer but God.  I often wonder how two people in the same "relationship" could be praying opposite prayers. 

Maybe you should stop seeing him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

You have a young man here who believes this to be God-ordained.  God's will.

It apparently isn't.

You know what to do. The longer you put it off - the more he is going to be hurt and feel like a fool.  And he just might get angry for a little while at God.

Break. This. Off. Today.

• Well Said! 4

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 9/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, fishergirl said:

Hi fishergirl

I see you've been a member here for two years now and haven't had a lot to say until now. This is a pretty heavy topic and it would seem everyone views this relationship being the same consensus. You aren't looking at the relationship if this is what you'd refer to as being compatible. Clearly it is not for your long-term goals to maintain it. This is not in your best interest. 

You do not love this man and he obviously does love you. Or he surmises that he does.

Continuance of this friendship will only lead to further complications for both of you. I sense you are being too kind and don't wish to hurt the gentleman's feelings. He on the other hand, is attempting to control the reigns on the situation as a lot of guys tend to do. Keeping it as it is will only break his heart, so you need to be very firm and keep kindness in severing  this thing. God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 9/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, fishergirl said:

Sometimes I ask God to take me out of the situation.

I was actually engaged quite a few times. I would pray that if this person was not God's will for me then slam the door shut and He would. I even remember one girl telling me that it looked like God did not want her and I to get married. Even though she wanted to marry me. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

39 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

I was actually engaged quite a few times. I would pray that if this person was not God's will for me then slam the door shut and He would. I even remember one girl telling me that it looked like God did not want her and I to get married. Even though she wanted to marry me. 

I also got involved in a serious relationship that was leading towards a long-term engagement and we both were hoping for marriage. It became unsteady when my lady friend began doubting my spiritual standpoint with the Lord. She was Azorean Portuguese and her family there in the islands were generationally steeped in Roman Catholicism. She was really wanting me to go and preach as an evangelist to the people there, especially her immediate family.

I didn't even have a desire to visit the Azores much less evangelize masses. Individuals God leads me to, but I would not want to become a preacher. Not even close. I'm not called to do this. She became disillusioned after a year or so and called it off. I was almost relieved, actually. I felt tremendous pressure from her during the entire engagement phase. Some things just weren't meant to be I guess. There was a desire on my part to remain friends, but she didn't want that. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

There was a desire on my part to remain friends, but she didn't want that. 

I never understood why people would want to marry someone they were not interested in being friends with.  I told my wife at first I just wanted to be friends. So we were just friends until I was ready to take things to a more serious relationship. 

We are all given the great commission to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. My wife has turned out to be a good christian so that does help to hold us together.