IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

As far as the Title of this thread- demons do not have to take on human form to live among us- the god of this world manipulates and influences carnal minds and they do live amongst " us",they can and do fully possess unbelievers as well- the Good News is we are not OF this world and those that still are can be Delivered and FREE in Christ Jesus!So go out and Preach the Gospel to every creature,,in every nation

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,600
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

I don't know about "Affordable

Well "new" Florida affordable I guess. My wife of 46 years and I  bought way over a decade ago,  Gads almost twenty  years ago, back when almost all construction had stopped after Hurricane Andrew. We got in very cheaply right  on a golf course with a Bison ranch and a wild life preserve complete with Florida panther  on morning patrol  in a back "yard" as we  enjoyed morning coffee.

After a lifetime of hard work by both of us  we were about to fully retire early and enjoy the golf cart life style and music on the squares. 

But life's adventures has it's harsh times too, as my spouse, the love of my youth, came down with a very serious cancer. We were in for a fight of our lifetime.

Had to sell that home at a substantial out of pocket loss to consolidate in order to tend to the serious 24/7 battle at hand. It was a two year battle with four surgeries, chemo, radiation, before victory was declared!  - And then  within a month a new different cancer that took her life. As I stated, this adventure  we call life has it's harsh times.

Very bitterly harsh times, but exceptional sweet too, For the depth of our love  of almost half a century flourished even as we did that battle. We stayed close to our Lord  through it all. Lots of "signs" of it is okay there is hope certain in Jesus  hang on hang on kept us whole, and still does me while I am left on this side of eternity.

The rest of the story:

Even now there are  new adventures this side of the grass including the  blessing of a second wonderful Christian lady as my  wife! 

To be led onto knowing Jesus ( Yeshua)   as lord God and personal savior by the Holy Spirit is such an awesome blessing from God, that I find it hard to read the writings of what seems to be angry Christians. How does one know Christ and be angry in tone about life and people?  To know Christ and be angry still, is well like being a "sore winner". We each can hold on  and rejoice in the hope that is certain, the hope of the gospel of Yeshua. And with that  we can withstand life's adventure, as well as share in that hope certain.

ps- As to The Villages  fully 25% of the sales and purchases are resulting from stories  somewhat similar to mine, where couples retire,  and one life long mate dies. Eventually  the other meets and marries someone new from The Villages they both sell  their places and buy a new or different one as they start a new life even at  retirement ages.

The Villages is a place of survivors that rather fully understand the sojourn of this life, and choose by God's lead to engage "positively" in life to the last. It is a very  cool,  ever expanding it seems, place to be.

• Loved it! 1

Take on? Hmm dwell within - Yes of course the Bible rather clearly tells us of that. We are to be careful  to fill our cleaned up house with that which is of God, less a now wandering demon returns finds the house clean and "empty" then invites his "friends" to come join him . For then the house that was cleaned up becomes  ever more deeply  intrenched  with that which is demonic.

Are there demons "posing" as humans, perhaps but wouldn't they instead be disembodied spirits seeking a body to inhabit?

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Take on? Hmm dwell within - Yes of course the Bible rather clearly tells us of that. We are to be careful  to fill our cleaned up house with that which is of God, less a now wandering demon returns finds the house clean and "empty" then invites his "friends" to come join him . For then the house that was cleaned up becomes  ever more deeply  intrenched  with that which is demonic.

Are there demons "posing" as humans, perhaps but wouldn't they instead be disembodied spirits seeking a body to inhabit?

More accurate Id say- like puppet masters,I met a lot of puppets along the way - after all ,the unbeliever is dead in sin

But even Believers must guard their hearts and minds that stay awake and be aware of the oppressive shackles and chains that bind the flesh- walking in Spirit and in Truth with the Full Armor of God in place- More than a Conqueror in Christ Jesus!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

like puppet masters

Interesting analogy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Brother

I've family in the Villages- it's a lovely place - I don't know about "Affordable " because I certainly could not afford to live there but it sure would be nice- lots of Christians,not lip service but true SERVICE,preaching &living for Jesus

As you know,I'm down in South Florida and there are many wonderful churches,Bible Believing,,teaching n preaching Born Again Believers in this town!

The Body of Christ can be found anywhere - Almighty God is EVERYWHERE and Available to everyone through Christ Jesus WHO is the Light of the WORLD-Halleluyah!

Like you I've been many many places and Holy Spirit has Always Lead me to Brothers & Sisters everywhere- without fail❤️❤️❤️

Typical SPIN about Florida from someone who doesn't know the state at all.   

The "Villages" isn't one place....or even one 'village'.  

It's a real estate development franchise that spans tens of thousands of acres of central Florida as well as a number of incorporated Cities and towns.  It's most definitely NOT AFFORDABLE.

What IS affordable in the Villages are the STD testing clinics.

Homeowner's insurance in Florida is almost unaffordable by anyone.  They are driving people out of the state in record numbers.   Property taxes are going up, with the proceeds now being diverted from public education to public works (to assist the developers of real estate 'villages'.)  

Did I write there were no churches?  Village people worship God on the fairway...Golf Courses instead of church.  Read the adverts.  Tee time on Sunday morning is more important than worship time.  "I can worship God in the great outdoors," they say.  (Hebrews 10:25)  

It's known all across America what goes on in the Villages.  People that live there deny it.  Why wouldn't they?  Is it something to be proud of?

The incidence of STDs in the Villages is the highest of any group of communities in America.    

Churches seem to have NO effect upon sexual dysfunction and SIN in Central Florida.

I've been to a few congregations in the area.  Their Vegas style production numbers on Sunday morning are designed to entertain rather than to inspire worship.  Sometimes people ask why I'm angry.  Come down and waste a few years in these halls of pretentious prayer and you'll understand why...you'll SEE the hypocrisy for yourself.

REPENTANCE is long overdue, but nobody wants to promote THAT attitude....it would potentially decrease paying customers in church. (A Methodist minister told me their church preaches the 'soft gospel' ... meaning no repentance is needed and no atonement is required....only membership in the church.)  Do Florida churches now issue Get-Out-of-Hell free cards?  Apparently they do...what a concept!

Finally, I inform the reader that I personally know of healthcare professionals that work in the Villages near Leesburg.  Some of the incidents cannot be posted here, even if polite editing was applied to the stories.

Florida is littered with churches, very few of which serve the God of the Bible.  Most of them serve corrupt inept pastors who have led their congregations into enormous debt (an average of 3 million per church according to national surveys) on a journey to whatever hellish fate awaits them.

C'mon down and see for yourself.  Bring lots of cash when you do.

Church folks are few and far between, mostly the older generation, btw.  (Does that give you a clue?)  You will not see many working age folks in Florida churches.  Church groups are too busy bickering with one another or gossiping with one another to be of use to the Kingdom of God...to actually DO ANYTHING AT ALL.  They will smile and shake your hand in church, but later stab you in the back.  (I know because its been done to me several times.  There is no Koinonia love in these houses of pretentious prayer.)

Snowbirds come and go (adding to dysfunctional assumptions that the church as a whole is growing when it isn't (*)). Tourists generally are too busy with the Parks to bother with cheap religious hypocrisy hereabouts.   Florida in general and central Florida in particular is a spiritual desert...a wasteland of lost inspiration and bankrupt ideology.

And well meaning folks who prefer to wear rose colored glasses will tell you all is right with America...when it's circling the toilet drain of history.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft... (Isaiah 6:9-10)

(*) NO CHURCH ever actually deletes members from its mailing list.  These databases are normally administered by hired organizations outside the church and rarely delete members who've died or moved to another church.  

(I personally had to threaten a mega church in my city with litigation when they refused to remove my name from their mailing list when I changed my affiliation.)

Typical of church members here are 'Snowbirds' who live in northern states during summer, but who move to Florida during the winter.  Snowbirds typically 'join' churches in both communities - effectively doubling the number of members nationwide when the actual figure is half or less than half due to death, chronic disease or changes in religious affiliation.  The same is true for western and southwestern states.  The over all number of members in our churches is less than half of what we are being told.

Edited by choir loft
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Interesting! 1

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

As far as the Title of this thread- demons do not have to take on human form to live among us- the god of this world manipulates and influences carnal minds and they do live amongst " us",they can and do fully possess unbelievers as well- the Good News is we are not OF this world and those that still are can be Delivered and FREE in Christ Jesus!So go out and Preach the Gospel to every creature,,in every nation

I AGREE that demonic influences can and do inhibit and inhabit believers. 

Deliverance ministries make a lot of money on this basis.

Traditional church leaders like to tell their gullible flocks it can't happen to them, while at the same time refusing to preach REPENTANCE.  Christians are not immune to demonic infestation.   

Deliverance ministries make a lot of money on the basis of spiritual possession of the saints.

Christians are told that Christ can give us the victory over any and all of life's problems including bad habits, bad choices and spiritual dysfunction.

Deliverance ministries make a lot of money on the basis of spiritual possession of the saints.

The problem is that most don't care.   They prefer to go about their business...to live their own lives ... that were once upon a time given to Christ.

What happens then?

According to the Bible, refusal to surrender to the will of God can result in PUNISHMENT of the aforementioned wandering Christian.   If surrender continues to be refused Our Lord may go so far as to call that person home early...so as to save the spirit of that person rather than the flesh.

We do not live lives part from Christ if we've surrendered to Him.

REPENTANCE is the only solution.   These are the days of judgment.  It is time and past time to seek peace with God.

Let us remember that God took on human form.  

Why did He do that?  Have we forgotten in the mad rush to devote ourselves to rumors of demonic aberrations?

REPENT NOW.  This is especially important for those who know Christ....or who once knew Him, but have turned aside to wander in the desert of carnal desire.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.... (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Edited by choir loft

On 4/7/2024 at 9:53 AM, choir loft said:

Typical SPIN about Florida from someone who doesn't know the state at all.   

The "Villages" isn't one place....or even one 'village'.  

It's a real estate development franchise that spans tens of thousands of acres of central Florida as well as a number of incorporated Cities and towns.  It's most definitely NOT AFFORDABLE.

What IS affordable in the Villages are the STD testing clinics.

Homeowner's insurance in Florida is almost unaffordable by anyone.  They are driving people out of the state in record numbers.   Property taxes are going up, with the proceeds now being diverted from public education to public works (to assist the developers of real estate 'villages'.)  

Did I write there were no churches?  Village people worship God on the fairway...Golf Courses instead of church.  Read the adverts.  Tee time on Sunday morning is more important than worship time.  "I can worship God in the great outdoors," they say.  (Hebrews 10:25)  

It's known all across America what goes on in the Villages.  People that live there deny it.  Why wouldn't they?  Is it something to be proud of?

The incidence of STDs in the Villages is the highest of any group of communities in America.    

Churches seem to have NO effect upon sexual dysfunction and SIN in Central Florida.

I've been to a few congregations in the area.  Their Vegas style production numbers on Sunday morning are designed to entertain rather than to inspire worship.  Sometimes people ask why I'm angry.  Come down and waste a few years in these halls of pretentious prayer and you'll understand why...you'll SEE the hypocrisy for yourself.

REPENTANCE is long overdue, but nobody wants to promote THAT attitude....it would potentially decrease paying customers in church. (A Methodist minister told me their church preaches the 'soft gospel' ... meaning no repentance is needed and no atonement is required....only membership in the church.)  Do Florida churches now issue Get-Out-of-Hell free cards?  Apparently they do...what a concept!

Finally, I inform the reader that I personally know of healthcare professionals that work in the Villages near Leesburg.  Some of the incidents cannot be posted here, even if polite editing was applied to the stories.

Florida is littered with churches, very few of which serve the God of the Bible.  Most of them serve corrupt inept pastors who have led their congregations into enormous debt (an average of 3 million per church according to national surveys) on a journey to whatever hellish fate awaits them.

C'mon down and see for yourself.  Bring lots of cash when you do.

Church folks are few and far between, mostly the older generation, btw.  (Does that give you a clue?)  You will not see many working age folks in Florida churches.  Church groups are too busy bickering with one another or gossiping with one another to be of use to the Kingdom of God...to actually DO ANYTHING AT ALL.  They will smile and shake your hand in church, but later stab you in the back.  (I know because its been done to me several times.  There is no Koinonia love in these houses of pretentious prayer.)

Snowbirds come and go (adding to dysfunctional assumptions that the church as a whole is growing when it isn't (*)). Tourists generally are too busy with the Parks to bother with cheap religious hypocrisy hereabouts.   Florida in general and central Florida in particular is a spiritual desert...a wasteland of lost inspiration and bankrupt ideology.

And well meaning folks who prefer to wear rose colored glasses will tell you all is right with America...when it's circling the toilet drain of history.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft... (Isaiah 6:9-10)

(*) NO CHURCH ever actually deletes members from its mailing list.  These databases are normally administered by hired organizations outside the church and rarely delete members who've died or moved to another church.  

(I personally had to threaten a mega church in my city with litigation when they refused to remove my name from their mailing list when I changed my affiliation.)

Typical of church members here are 'Snowbirds' who live in northern states during summer, but who move to Florida during the winter.  Snowbirds typically 'join' churches in both communities - effectively doubling the number of members nationwide when the actual figure is half or less than half due to death, chronic disease or changes in religious affiliation.  The same is true for western and southwestern states.  The over all number of members in our churches is less than half of what we are being told.

Nah,what do I know?- I've only lived in Florida for half a Century....lol

Im guessing you are on the Internet and read alot - I don't

This thread is not about Florida cities,retirement communities or who lives where but since you decided to bash an entire community and certain States  I must say,It doesn't matter where anyone lives because evil is rampant everywhere but the King Is Still on the Throne and always will Be- so theres also the Body of Christ out in this world too

I guess who you hang around with and what you partake of is your business and I have no idea why anyone would be so contrary to EVERYTHING? I don't look through rose colored glasses but I do see GOOD and Beauty all to the Glory of God...

What's there to say really? You are in my prayers

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

In short, yes but not really.

I'm getting this information from the book of Enoch.

The original fallen angels that came down and mated with women
are locked away and can not do anything.

The demons are the spirits of the giants that were the offspring
of the fallen angels.

They are trapped on earth as spirits, but we know from various
accounts that they can posses people and animals. [ Luke 8:26-40 ]

So they can take physical form via a host body.

In the end we Satan will come in the flesh as the anti-Christ.
Claiming to be Jesus and performing miracles it will be the grandest deception of all time.

2 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

In short, yes but not really.

I'm getting this information from the book of Enoch.

The original fallen angels that came down and mated with women
are locked away and can not do anything.

The demons are the spirits of the giants that were the offspring
of the fallen angels.

They are trapped on earth as spirits, but we know from various
accounts that they can posses people and animals. [ Luke 8:26-40 ]

So they can take physical form via a host body.

In the end we Satan will come in the flesh as the anti-Christ.
Claiming to be Jesus and performing miracles it will be the grandest deception of all time.

There is far too much being attributed to demons and the actions of satan.  Most of it is trash talk.

The passage Luke 8:26-40 is the story of Jesus liberating a man from demonic oppression.  There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING suggesting implying or written concerning Enoch, the antiChrist, or giant spirits.   It is a story of liberty granted to a man by the Son of Man.

What does scripture say about the one who promotes a false gospel?  

"I am amazed how quickly you are deserting the One who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is not even a gospel. Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a curse! As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be under a curse! (Galatians 1:6-9)

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...   (Isaiah 6:9-10)