IGNORED

Healings

Have you witnessed or experienced genuine miraculous healing by Jesus Christ through prayers by fellow Christians? 

I mean cures of cancer and other serious illnesses or chronic conditions. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

14 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Have you witnessed or experienced genuine miraculous healing by Jesus Christ through prayers by fellow Christians? 

I was close to death when the Lord came to me, @Melinda12. I related this experience in my testimony but I'll share what unfolded that day so those who aren't familiar may know.

I fell to an unknown illness that, over the course of two years, reduced me to a state where I no longer looked human. I withered away to skin and bones; symptoms became progressively worse to the point where I couldn't tolerate food and a sip of water was a battle to keep down. I had wounds which wouldn't heal and subsequently became infected, experiencing periodic fever and shivering even when the temperature in my room made the dear friend who cared for me sweat. I longed for death so my suffering would end.

I knew when the time was upon me. I mustered the last of my strength and left the room where I had stayed for so long; I wanted to die outdoors in the sunshine. I didn't make it far and collapsed into the dust... I cried out and this is when the impossible happened: the Spirit of the Lord descended and I found myself in the presence of God. 

I could barely see in the brilliance of His glory. I tried to speak but the words vanished before they reached my lips... the Lord was silent while I struggled to comprehend. When Christ spoke at last, He said I would never taste death. The Son of God declared that I shall not die but will live abundantly instead, promising to restore what I had lost in a measure exceeding the first. When the Lord told me to rise, that's what I did. The Living One gave His life to me so I might live.

It took another two years to recover the ability to speak. When the Lord deemed me fit to stand before Him again, He lifted me up on high and poured His Spirit upon me like a great wind of fire. I love Jesus Christ more than these meager words can ever express.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

No.

There are always claims, but none have ever stood up to investigation.

Our church has seen and is seeing those suffering with live long, life altering illnesses.

We have amazing prayer meetings for them or the families and carerers.

14 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I was close to death when the Lord came to me, @Melinda12. I related this experience in my testimony but I'll share what unfolded that day so those who aren't familiar may know.

I fell to an unknown illness that, over the course of two years, reduced me to a state where I no longer looked human. I withered away to skin and bones; symptoms became progressively worse to the point where I couldn't tolerate food and a sip of water was a battle to keep down. I had wounds which wouldn't heal and subsequently became infected, experiencing periodic fever and shivering even when the temperature in my room made the dear friend who cared for me sweat. I longed for death so my suffering would end.

I knew when the time was upon me. I mustered the last of my strength and left the room where I had stayed for so long; I wanted to die outdoors in the sunshine. I didn't make it far and collapsed into the dust... I cried out and this is when the impossible happened: the Spirit of the Lord descended and I found myself in the presence of God. 

I could barely see in the brilliance of His glory. I tried to speak but the words vanished before they reached my lips... the Lord was silent while I struggled to comprehend. When Christ spoke at last, He said I would never taste death. The Son of God declared that I shall not die but will live abundantly instead, promising to restore what I had lost in a measure exceeding the first. When the Lord told me to rise, that's what I did. The Living One gave His life to me so I might live.

It took another two years to recover the ability to speak. When the Lord deemed me fit to stand before Him again, He lifted me up on high and poured His Spirit upon me like a great wind of fire. I love Jesus Christ more than these meager words can ever express.

I believe you.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,947
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 9/26/2020 at 1:57 AM, Melinda12 said:

Yes. Just recently a cyst the size of an acorn disappeared overnight after 2 years of growing bigger on the top of my head. I am so pleased because I had petitioned the Lord to remove it without the need for surgery which would have been invasive and painful. I am looking forward to witnessing to my doctor who had been measuring and monitoring the cyst's growth.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, I was healed from depression, after being suicidal for over ten years. During a prayer I saw a small white figure and suddenly all the pain was gone. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

There are some who boast that they know the comings and goings of the Almighty, that He shall do this but shall not do that, thereby exalting themselves as judges of the Most High. There are others who deny the Lord Jesus Christ of His power and glory, exalting themselves as judges of their neighbor with a spiteful heart, cursing those whom the Lord blesses in His goodness and mercy. Woe to any who teaches others to stumble by their example. 

These will point to a charlatan saying, "See? The Lord does no such thing!," and what does this profit them? This world is filled with scoffing deceivers and due to the rebelliousness and hardness of their hearts they number themselves among the same, lacking the discernment which our Father in heaven gives freely to those who believe Christ and are called by His name. Who is the Healer? Who chooses to reveal Himself so that His name might be glorified among the people of this earth? Is this man, or the Son of God Himself?

This is the truth which my brothers and sisters may test according to the scriptures: God, who does whatever He pleases, chooses to reveal His work in us, the work of His hand. Why? So that He might be glorified thereby. In the 9th chapter of John's Gospel we read of the man born blind...

As the Lord did in him, so He did in me; not for my sake but so that His holy name might be glorified. For by performing this impossible thing the Lord made me His witness and I'm not ashamed in the least to share God's goodness and mercy toward us. My friend and caretaker was dumbfounded by the miracle Jesus Christ performed in returning me from certain death, revealing the will of our Father in that this was for her salvation. There's more.

I know that few in this world of the falling away believe in spiritual matters let alone possess an understanding of such things but for those with ears to hear, behold the work of the Lord:

That place in the wilderness where the Lord raised me up was close to a throne of unspeakable evil, where a mighty principality --- a power of spiritual wickedness --- rules over the state within the borders of which this wilderness is found. Indeed, the throne of this principality is at the precise geopolitical center of the state in question. Accordingly the wilderness surrounding it has a fearsome reputation and is a place where more than one Mexican drug cartel, including a criminal gang infamous for their homicidal brutality (MS-13), operates with impunity. That is where our Father in heaven sent me to lay down my life for my friend and caretaker... and it was after the Lord raised me up and baptized me with His Holy Spirit that I learned the truth of what had befallen me. 

This prince would have claimed my life but the Lord delivered me from his wicked power. After my baptism in Spirit, the Lord called upon me to sing words which He gave to me... I shared this prayer in a different topic but I will do so again so the reader with eyes to see might understand the meaning behind those words. 

Who is like the Lord Most High?
Who raised me up from the shadow of death
To the consternation of His enemies;
Who brings low the mighty from the throne of his power.
For the Lord is a man of war: who can stand against Him?

I shall sing His praises to the stars of the heavens,
And shall speak of His goodness upon my bed;
Even His high praise shall flow from my lips
Like waters of the flood to the dismay of the wicked.

This I request of You, Lord of Hosts, before I depart from these lands of the earth,
If it pleases You to incline Your ear to my cry:
Those blessings which rain upon me from my Father above,
Let them also fall upon those You have charged to my care.
As You have raised me up, raise them up;
As You strengthen me, lend Your strength to them,
So being made to stand, they shall stand to the glory of Your Son in whom we have life.

Praise the Lord who delivers us from the power of the wicked ones. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 9/25/2020 at 6:57 AM, Melinda12 said:

Yes. The first miracle healing I witnessed less than three feet away from me in testimony and an eye-witness, was in in the winter of 1971. Mom and I attended weekly gatherings at Holy Family's fellowship hall on Monday evenings. The leader of this little gathering was a missionary whose main calling was to Mexico. Dick Mishler spoke fluent Spanish and so did the entire family. They were Roman Catholic, but had found Jesus in a truly born again experience. When this occurred, praying the rosaries, bowing to graven images of the saints, supplications to them and also Mary ceased immediately. 

He stayed in the denomination of catholicism, because he felt a call to remain there and led others who were RCC into the truth of Jesus being the only way to salvation, no other. He also felt the pope wasn't divine. Dick Mishler was a really great influence of fatherly love to me in my early experience of Christianity. One Monday night, he asked if anyone desired personal laying on of hands in prayer. One lady in her late 20's said she had suffered from back pain for many long years, not really knowing the reason why. He asked the woman to be seated and then requested her to place both legs straight out and took her feet in his hands. 

You could clearly see and everyone there including the young woman, that there was a shortage of length on one of her legs. She too looked somewhat surprised to notice almost 3-4 inches of difference from one leg to the other. We saw this and it was obvious to everyone. He then knelt before her and began to pray. This was no staged "act" at all. I can testify that it was not. As he prayed, her shortened leg slowly came and met an equal length to the other. This was the cause of her back pain and before this event, the woman wasn't aware the difference was the cause of her pain. All I can say is that I did see this for myself as did everyone. 

As for major illnesses, we had a lady whose husband had been a doctrinal bible teacher and they both retired to live in our city. Back in their early marriage, they both ministered with The Salvation Army. Some years after her husband passed away, she was stricken with Parkinson's Disease and began having symptoms. This would be part of the downside of PD known as tardive dyskinesia*. These generally began slowly and progress as the terminal disease takes its course. She was prayed for this and believed the Lord for her healing. As a result, her tremors stopped shortly after and other obvious signs of the illness faded away. She remained symptom free for the rest of her life. 

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease approximately two + years ago, but have not suffered from any symptoms as of yet. I too was prayed for this and trusting in the Lord for all things. May He have His way with me. I believe God can to anything and nothing is impossible with our Saviour and Lord, Christ Jesus. 

1. Tardive Dyskinesia* & Parkinson's Disease: What's The ...

Dec 24, 2019 · The crippling side effect of certain prescribed medications known as Tardive Dyskinesia still tackles up to 30 percent of patients who take antipsychotic drugs long-term. Most identified from uncontrollable muscle movements, much like the Parkinson’s Disease, the disorder causes involuntary jerks, tics, and joint stiffness.

2. Dyskinesia*: Understanding the Parkinson's Med Side Effect ...

The features of dyskinesia include rapid, involuntary, and uncontrollable movements other than the tremors typical of Parkinson’s. Dyskinesia can present as body swaying, writhing, twisting, squirming, arm flailing, fidgeting, or head bobbing

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Short answer, yes, and many times. Oddly enough the majority of these occurred overseas; why, I have no idea. I've witnessed miracles of both the mind and the body, including seeing God put brand new eyes in a baby born with none, and giving new skin to to a man covered in scar tissue from when he was badly burned as a boy.

I know it makes a lot of Christians angry to hear of things like this, but that's not my problem.

• Praise God! 3

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease approximately two + years ago, but have not suffered from any symptoms as of yet. I too was prayed for this and trusting in the Lord for all things. May He have His way with me. I believe God can to anything and nothing is impossible with our Saviour and Lord, Christ Jesus. 

Though you suffer, dear brother, it is only for a little while. I give thanks to the Lord for the fellowship between us and though I may fall silent now and then, never doubt the love which Christ sowed in good soil. It is a hard thing to endure trial and tribulation in this world and so we share this blessed knowledge:

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6)  

I speak of you to the Lord often; truly, there are many who do as the Spirit moves us.  I look forward to that day when our King rewards the enduring patience of your faith, David. Yes, this suffering is only for a little while. 

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1