Having Questions about God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom. I've been following Jesus for about 13 years (since age 11), and until today I feel really blessed. I've experienced a lot of miracles and always feel His guidance. I still pray daily, listening to worship music and reading Bible every night. I really love the presence of Jesus that I can feel through worship songs.

But recently I have a lot questions about God, and I sometimes feel confused when reading the Bible. These questions really disturb my thoughts and make me feel confused. One of my questions was asking the purpose of mankind creation. Please help me. I also feel guilty for having these thoughts. Thanks. Jesus bless you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

9 minutes ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Shalom. I've been following Jesus for about 13 years (since age 11), and until today I feel really blessed. I've experienced a lot of miracles and always feel His guidance. I still pray daily, listening to worship music and reading Bible every night. I really love the presence of Jesus that I can feel through worship songs.

But recently I have a lot questions about God, and I sometimes feel confused when reading the Bible. These questions really disturb my thoughts and make me feel confused. One of my questions was asking the purpose of mankind creation. Please help me. I also feel guilty for having these thoughts. Thanks. Jesus bless you.

Hi chargedbyfaith. This trimming and testing has come upon you to stimulate your spiritual growth. Normally we are not physically the same at age 24 as we were at age 11 because we keep growing in many cases until around 30. Likewise our faith needs to grow as well. Whilst it is Scriptural to be childlike in our faith towards God as we follow Christ, we need to take care how we build on the foundation of this childlike faith. 

May I suggest you reference Scriptures that deal with building and growing spiritually, as well as those that speak of being trimmed and tested.

Joh 15:1-5  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.  (2)  Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  (3)  Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  (4)  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me.  (5)  I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 hour ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

One of my questions was asking the purpose of mankind creation. Please help me. I also feel guilty for having these thoughts. Thanks. Jesus bless you.

The Westminster Confession of Faith says that the ' chief end of purpose of man is to Glorify God and to enjoy him for ever.'

Please get one thing right. There is never, there is never anything wrong about asking hard questions about Christianity or in having doubts about Christianity.

We are commanded to always have a reason for what and why you believe in Jesus and Christianity.

I would go so far to say, if your minister won't answer or discourages questions to leave that church.

May I suggest you start following sites like coldcasechristianity, reasons to believe, tough questions answered and wintery kinght.

They all provide information from the basic 101 your church should have given to stuff one has to think about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, chargedbyfa1th said:

Good questions and expected by the Lord High God. Do not feel guilty because that is of the adversary that hates you.

Get the book or video UNSEEN REALM by Dr. Heiser. This will answer many questions that the church at large is ignorant about.

Remember: confusion is of the adversaries or man's ideas. Never the Lord God.

Ps. If you read the baptismal rites of the Westminster Confession, you will be very confused.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, chargedbyfa1th said:

If I understand correctly, you want to know the "purpose of mankind creation" and if you should feel guilty having that thought.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "purpose of mankind creation," but I'm quite sure there is nothing wrong with having that thought.

I somtimes wonder if the Lord created us because he wanted to have some company. I think he his motivated purely by his love for us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Don't feel bad about your question.  I'd be surprised if anyone who is a Christian never asked that particular question, to be honest with you.  Many years ago, when I first came to Christ, I thought it was to replace the 1/3 of the angelic hosts Satan took with him.  Now I will say that I just don't know why we are here.  God rarely speaks about what we can expect: judges of the angels, kings over nations, etc., but a lot of imagination needs to be used to say this can be the truth.