Knowing who to trust

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

when i go t trust God something makes me think i mioght not trust the right thing (GOD) instead of God even though im thinking of a loving Good light filled being which i would think is God and want to trust him something ddark makes me think that i cant trust becasue if i do ill be trusting the wrong thing so i havent even been able to trust in God lately which leaves me helpless...

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

46 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

when i go t trust God something makes me think i mioght not trust the right thing (GOD) instead of God even though im thinking of a loving Good light filled being which i would think is God and want to trust him something ddark makes me think that i cant trust becasue if i do ill be trusting the wrong thing so i havent even been able to trust in God lately which leaves me helpless...

Do you read the Word of God sufficiently?   If you read the Word and learn to trust in God's promises, you will not fear about trusting the wrong God or the wrong thing.   When one believes on Jesus Christ as their own personal Savior, one also has the indwelling Holy Spirit....who can give us inward discernment about things, too.

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  25,102
  • Content Per Day:  5.81
  • Days Won:  162
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Interestingly, the devotional I did today was about trusting God. 

Btw, I've been there. It's not a nice place to be in. But what I realised is that God's grace is sufficient for me. He helps me to put my trust in the right place.. And it begins with the Word of God. Jesus died and rose again. when I focused on on his Word, I stopped being afraid that I might miss him.  Place your trust in Jesus and keep reading the word. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

God will take care of you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

5 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

JESUS IS GOD. Have you trusted Him for eternal life? This is the beginning of a trust relationship with the God of light!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,316
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

10 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

im thinking of a loving Good light filled being which i would think is God and want to trust him something ddark makes me think that i cant trust becasue if i do ill be trusting the wrong thing so i havent even been able to trust in God lately which leaves me helpless...

Sorry but what does this mean?

God is not a ' good light ',

. God is pure holiness and we are totally sinful and only able to worship God because of God's mercy, grace and love.

Read Romans 8:28 All things work together for good for those who are called according to God's purpose.

Trusting God literally means accepting what happens in life is from God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am praying that you get the answers that you are seeking from a reliable source.  I know with the pandemic it may be a difficult time to seek out a bible teaching church.  For quick references you might want to try the website  www.gotquestions.org 

Some of my favorite pastors to listen to are:  Ravi Zacharias ( he died not too long ago, but his teachings are on you tube),  Francis Chan. 

My husband enjoys Max Lucado.  Beware of any preachers that promise that life will be easy.  Read John 16: 

31 “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. 32 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

So even the disciples who spent much time with Jesus did not at first trust Him. BUT, when Jesus resurrected and appeared to them and then to over 500 + people at one time they trusted. The resurrected Jesus ate and spent with them. He was not a ghost. He ate. 

John 20:29 

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Believe really means trust. Trust in what Jesus/ the bible says is true. Do not make up your own rules because the bible tells us that we cannot even trust our own desires because we are selfish and do not understand what is best for us sometimes.  
Read the book of John first.  Then James and 1 Peter, 2 Peter.  Please ask questions.  And Pray for wisdom.  God will give wisdom when you ask. It is a promise.  But you must be still and listen.   Blessings to you 

Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. "

Edited by Sister_in_Christ
add an encouraging verse
  • Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Sister_in_Christ said:

I am praying that you get the answers that you are seeking from a reliable source.  I know with the pandemic it may be a difficult time to seek out a bible teaching church.  For quick references you might want to try the website  www.gotquestions.org 

Some of my favorite pastors to listen to are:  Ravi Zacharias ( he died not too long ago, but his teachings are on you tube),  Francis Chan. 

My husband enjoys Max Lucado.  Beware of any preachers that promise that life will be easy.  Read John 16: 

31 “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. 32 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

So even the disciples who spent much time with Jesus did not at first trust Him. BUT, when Jesus resurrected and appeared to them and then to over 500 + people at one time they trusted. The resurrected Jesus ate and spent with them. He was not a ghost. He ate. 

John 20:29 

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Believe really means trust. Trust in what Jesus/ the bible says is true. Do not make up your own rules because the bible tells us that we cannot even trust our own desires because we are selfish and do not understand what is best for us sometimes.  
Read the book of John first.  Then James and 1 Peter, 2 Peter.  Please ask questions.  And Pray for wisdom.  God will give wisdom when you ask. It is a promise.  But you must be still and listen.   Blessings to you 

Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. "

Good advice.