IGNORED

Child abuse...where is God's will in this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Please stop. I know you mean well, but you are not helping. I know none of this was my fault. I have worked my way through this and am a great place in my life. I don't feel bitter toward my mother, just indifferent.

Telling someone they should forgive is not helpful. All this does is put the onus on the victim to conform while the perpetrator gets a pass. It is very hurtful and  feels like being victimized again.

The biblical model of forgiveness involves repentence. I have made several posts on this topic. If you disagree with it, that is your choice. But stop admonishing me to do something I don't feel the need to do and that I feel would harm me. 

• Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and and if he repent, forgive him.

This is my last post on the subject because I feel like I am not being heard. A familiar feeling when it comes to this topic.

I  feel compelled to give scriptures that explain where I stand and why because of Luke 17:3 that you put forth.  

I believe if we were following Gods Laws TODAY, these feelings and issues would not come into play near as much as they do.  

I take my belief from the way GOD works and what He has told us.    

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother WITHOUT A CAUSE  shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

WITHOUT CAUSE.  With cause, angry comes for me anyhow.  BUT one thing that has happened consistently, in my life anyway, is when "bad" things have happened and I finally get past it and truly give it to God, my rewards are great.  I have received more understanding and clarity about the Word of God at those times than any other.  I am actually to the point of when something bad does happen I can't wait to put it in perspective and into Gods hands because of what I have faith in comes next.  

Romans 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Don't let the evil that comes upon you be CHANGE YOU.  DON'T RECOMPENSE OR TAKE OUT VENGEANCE ON YOUR OWN.  THAT belongs to God.  

But most importantly are Gods laws on the subject.  Rape, same as Murder,

WE ARE TO KILL THEM.
  Like it or not, that is how God commands us to act.  So when we live in this day and age where money can buy "justice" for an evil person and that person never "feels a drop of remorse"  Should  THAT SORT OF EVIL BE FORGIVEN?  Should we be teaching that it should?  

Deuteronomy 22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

This is a great study for getting closer to God cause what man tells you and what God tells you, I found to be very different.  

If we were just to "forgive" with no reason at all, why would God have given us the required punishments for those who commit evil?  Can we be better than God who doesn't forgive sin not repented of?   Good is good and evil is evil and God hates evil. Shouldn't we too?   Would God want us to forgive unrepentant EVIL?  Wouldn't that just make evil more powerful to come against the good if all the good did was forgive every time?  No, I believe there is a war going on and discernment is really important.  Just keep the "vengeance" in it's proper place.  

I think many today are not only victims of evil but then made to feel even worse because someone tells them they must forgive unrepentant sinners who have no conscience and even enjoy going against the laws of God and IF THEY DON'T they wont be forgiven.  But we are to forgive as we are forgiven.  So the question becomes how are we forgiven?  Well, a couple things required are

Repentance -  A change
AND ASKING for it
AND many times compensation.  

At that is my 2 cents.  I have 2 more if you ever want to discuss it.  

BUT I must add that I have come to the point in my life where I feel sorry for those bound for the lake of fire and happy to know that God will more than make up for the ills of this world.  EVERY EYE shall see.  Every one will be judged.  Nothing will be hidden and Vengeance will come from God, something we couldn't even get close to anyway.  

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

On 11/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, integrity said:

That's my stance on the issue. I DO NOT THINK ITS OKAY TO JUST "FORGIVE" SOMEONE WITHOUT REPENTANCE. You cant. I Think we just hand it over to God at that point and ask God to heal our hearts. that is where I have much discomfort...no one points out to parents or rebukes them to my knowledge, when they are overly harsh with their children, not necessarily sadistic abuse. And often times the church DOES know and still everyone just minds their own business. It's a tragedy and a shame. Because we are losing those little children to the world many times. The greatest stumbling block is when the parents go to church and put on a holy face  and molest and beat their children at home. I have cousins that were in this situation. They lived on the other coast but let's just day my extended family failed them. It was obvious stuff was happening. You are right. Doing nothing makes us complicit. And those poor innocent sweet children grow up viewing God as messed up.

These are hard things and we can't dismiss them out of hand. Part of the Lord's work in me was coming to terms with the living hell my late parents afflicted us with. Yes, it was hell. I have written about this elsewhere but it bears repeating here.

My father was capable of violence on a scale which was terrifying to behold. I come from a military family so the following occurred on a military base overseas.

There was a day when my father dragged my mother out of our government quarters whereupon he beat her to the ground in a public manner. My mother was strong and resisted fiercely but she was no match for my father. A concerned neighbor summoned the Military Police; I recall the MPs speaking with my father briefly before they departed. My father knew them well... they were on friendly terms. 

After the MPs left my father marched over to the quarters of the neighbor who called the MPs. He kicked the door in, dragged the man outside, and proceeded to beat him into the pavement. He didn't stop until the man wept for mercy. I'll never forget his eyes that day. They were like coals of fire, wild with rage. He was a dangerous man.  

My mother dished out her own abuse upon us which took the form of goading our father into beating us. She loathed me in particular; not long after my sixteenth birthday she manipulated my father into "dealing with me once and for all" by filling his ears with lies. In her words, she would kill me if she wouldn't go to prison for the deed. Better to have someone else do it, yes?

My father burst into my bedroom with that same wild rage blazing in his eyes. I was taller and larger than he was by this point in my life so he tried goading me into fighting him, behaving like a bully at school. I refused no matter how diligently he pushed me (figuratively and literally). I was called worse by my mother. 

He drew back a fist which is when I broke: I begged my father to kill me. Kill me, I pleaded, because I wasn't able to do it myself.  Death was preferable to another day in the hell of his house. Do me and everyone else a favor and get it over with. I wasn't going to resist.

The most astonishing thing happened before my eyes. The rage fled from my father's eyes and in its place was horror, followed by sorrow. He withdrew and fled to his office in the hallway where he locked the door and isolated himself for several days, refusing to open the door for any reason. He didn't eat during this time.   

It didn't register at the time (I didn't come to know the Lord until a decade later) but the Lord Himself broke the evil rage which consumed my father. From that day onward my father became a different man. He came to me in tears and repentance, vowing to be the father we desperately needed. It was the most astonishing thing.

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Please stop. I know you mean well, but you are not helping. I know none of this was my fault. I have worked my way through this and am a great place in my life. I don't feel bitter toward my mother, just indifferent.

Telling someone they should forgive is not helpful. All this does is put the onus on the victim to conform while the perpetrator gets a pass. It is very hurtful and  feels like being victimized again.

The biblical model of forgiveness involves repentence. I have made several posts on this topic. If you disagree with it, that is your choice. But stop admonishing me to do something I don't feel the need to do and that I feel would harm me. 

• Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and and if he repent, forgive him.

This is my last post on the subject because I feel like I am not being heard. A familiar feeling when it comes to this topic.

You're being ignored when you hit me with a dismissive fastball on the first pitch? Seems you want to remain bitter. So you feel it's right for you to allow this control of the abuser over you to this day? You suffered; many of us did. Some far worse. 

Being forgiving is hurtful?

You aren't in a good place.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

40 minutes ago, Diaste said:

You're being ignored when you hit me with a dismissive fastball on the first pitch? Seems you want to remain bitter. So you feel it's right for you to allow this control of the abuser over you to this day? You suffered; many of us did. Some far worse. 

Well said. Yes, the Lord brought me to a place where I not only let go of the resentment I harbored against my late mother but was able to forgive her of the evil at last. This work was already accomplished where my father of the flesh was concerned while he was still in this world. We grew close and he chose to confide in me details concerning his life which he revealed to no other. It was an honor.

My mother was bitter to the end but by relinquishing our pain and laying it before the feet of Christ, we no longer permit the past to control our present and future. It's a difficult path but in Christ all things are possible. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/13/2020 at 5:29 AM, Diaste said:

12 And forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
    but deliver us from the evil one.

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Old Testament scripture / Old Covenant doctrine.

Hebrews 9:16–17 (AV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The Old Testament did not end at Malachi 4 and the New Testament did not begin at Matthew 1.  2 Timothy 2:15 speaks of studying or disciplining our understanding to be able to rightly divide the word of truth.

Beginning with rightly dividing the New Testament and the Old (Hebrews 9:16-17) when Christ Jesus died on the cross when:

• The skies darkened
  • The Earth shook
  • The rocks split
  • The veil in the Temple was torn in two from top to bottom

Until that point the Old Covenant / Old Testament was still in effect. And Jesus who lived in the Old Testament time under the Old Covenant Law of Moses taught Law (which always had an element of prophetic Grace in it)... but the Law nevertheless. 

He was putting the teeth back into the Law that the leaven of the Pharisees took out by their traditions. The Law is supposed to be impossible for fallen human beings to obey (driving us rather to Grace seeking God's mercy rather than God's justice). 

Galatians 3:24–25 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The New Covenant New Testament focus is strictly on faith in Christ Jesus. Not in forgiving everyone, or gouging out our eyes, or cutting out our tongues, or fasting or making sacrifices, etc. 

John 6:29 (AV)
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (AV)
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Only believe Jesus and you are forgiven and saved and that's for all eternity.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

If we were just to "forgive" with no reason at all, why would God have given us the required punishments for those who commit evil?  Can we be better than God who doesn't forgive sin not repented of?   Good is good and evil is evil and God hates evil. Shouldn't we too?   Would God want us to forgive unrepentant EVIL?  Wouldn't that just make evil more powerful to come against the good if all the good did was forgive every time?  No, I believe there is a war going on and discernment is really important.  Just keep the "vengeance" in it's proper place.  

I don't know of a single person that has ever lived that didn't have their sins remitted by the blood of Jesus Christ; this includes the sinner because that's what we all were before the work and atonement of Christ.

He atoned for the sin of the whole world and yet some think we must hold sin against others? I take it this epistemology requires a sinless nature as one cannot cast the first stone if they have sin.

When you were yet sinners Christ died for you.  None of us repented before Christ died to cover sin. And here we are talking about execution for sin when our King sacrificed Himself for each and every person and everyone a sinner. Sinners before, sinners now.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us."

So then how does one who has sin, as we all do, claim the mantle of righteousness to demand the repentance of other sinners? Have any of us repented to the point we have no sin? Nope.

Let's say the abuser comes to the victim and repents to them; is the victim suddenly going to find forgiveness or a way to forgive, or mercy? If one doesn't have mercy and forgiveness and a humble heart before it's doubtful those traits will appear suddenly upon the appearance and confession of the perpetrator.

And what happens if the abuser dies and had not repented to the victim? Now the victim holds unforgiveness in their heart forever. It really looks to me like support groups lend credence to victimhood, vengeance and unforgiving behavior. I'm very happy I stayed away from such groups and sought the Lord's path of love and forgiveness.

I just can't believe that some people who call themselves Christians practice victimization, seek vengeance, actively engage in unforgiveness and all while holding themselves as sinless in comparison; even as Christ died for sinners and was astonishingly abused by His own people and never once accused them, demanded vengeance or required repentance to forgive them.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Not one person who abused me is ever going to pay for what they did to me. I will hold them to such a thing. The Lord judges them based on what they have done or not done in accordance with His will. I hope none perish and even if they do I do not want any accusation to come from me nor do I hold them to a charge. His will is for me to forgive.

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

If you don't forgive you are not going to be forgiven.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The details are unimportant, but I had a very difficult childhood and a great deal of disappointment from those who were supposed to love me--it continues literally to this very day.

The most profound healing and peace has come through resting in or allowing (for lack of a better way to explain such things) the Life and Nature of the Lord to flow through me--rather than surrendering to the temptation and impulse that flows from flesh.

Understanding and owning the profound need that I myself need and receive in Grace and Mercy is integral to this.

The reality of Christ in us and the power of the Holy Spirit does not erase memories, but is efficacious in healing and peace.

Look to Him, who is your Salvation and surrender to His Life within. Draw close to Him and He will draw close to you.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

21 minutes ago, Alive said:

The details are unimportant, but I had a very difficult childhood and a great deal of disappointment from those who were supposed to love me--it continues literally to this very day.

The most profound healing and peace has come through resting in or allowing (for lack of a better way to explain such things) the Life and Nature of the Lord to flow through me--rather than surrendering to the temptation and impulse that flows from flesh.

Understanding and owning the profound need that I myself need and receive in Grace and Mercy is integral to this.

The reality of Christ in us and the power of the Holy Spirit does not erase memories, but is efficacious in healing and peace.

Look to Him, who is your Salvation and surrender to His Life within. Draw close to Him and He will draw close to you.

Some of the peace that passes understanding is the removal of all of this even from memory... as of now it is answering of Our Father why sin is to have no place within or without those who are His... looking on the results of sin there is no good thing in it's produce...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

27 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I don't know of a single person that has ever lived that didn't have their sins remitted by the blood of Jesus Christ; this includes the sinner because that's what we all were before the work and atonement of Christ.

He atoned for the sin of the whole world and yet some think we must hold sin against others? I take it this epistemology requires a sinless nature as one cannot cast the first stone if they have sin.

When you were yet sinners Christ died for you.  None of us repented before Christ died to cover sin. And here we are talking about execution for sin when our King sacrificed Himself for each and every person and everyone a sinner. Sinners before, sinners now.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us."

So then how does one who has sin, as we all do, claim the mantle of righteousness to demand the repentance of other sinners? Have any of us repented to the point we have no sin? Nope.

Let's say the abuser comes to the victim and repents to them; is the victim suddenly going to find forgiveness or a way to forgive, or mercy? If one doesn't have mercy and forgiveness and a humble heart before it's doubtful those traits will appear suddenly upon the appearance and confession of the perpetrator.

And what happens if the abuser dies and had not repented to the victim? Now the victim holds unforgiveness in their heart forever. It really looks to me like support groups lend credence to victimhood, vengeance and unforgiving behavior. I'm very happy I stayed away from such groups and sought the Lord's path of love and forgiveness.

I just can't believe that some people who call themselves Christians practice victimization, seek vengeance, actively engage in unforgiveness and all while holding themselves as sinless in comparison; even as Christ died for sinners and was astonishingly abused by His own people and never once accused them, demanded vengeance or required repentance to forgive them.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Not one person who abused me is ever going to pay for what they did to me. I will hold them to such a thing. The Lord judges them based on what they have done or not done in accordance with His will. I hope none perish and even if they do I do not want any accusation to come from me nor do I hold them to a charge. His will is for me to forgive.

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

If you don't forgive you are not going to be forgiven.

Yes, He died for the sins of the whole world but HIS BLOOD only covers sin repented of, it does not wash clean those who do not claim it.  

Do you agree  - God hates evil?
                           His will is all COME to repentance but not all will?
                           That there is a war raging right now between good and evil?
                           That we are to grow in the knowledge of the Lord so that we     
                           can discern between the two? 
                           That murderers and rapists should be killed?

Exodus 18:21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:

Exodus 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.

Exodus 18:23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Amos 5:14 Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalm 97:11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Psalm 97:12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Psalm 119:97 O how I love thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Psalm 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

Psalm 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Psalm 119:100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

Psalm 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

Psalm 119:102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Psalm 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

WE HAVE ENEMIES.  WE are to hate evil.  There ARE THOSE who will carry every sin they ever committed to the day of Judgment.  They will never repent because they are of their father,  the devil.

THIS WAS THE HARDEST LESSON I HAVE EVER HAD TO LEARN AND IT TOOK ALOT OF PAIN AND SUFFERING AND SELF LOATHING FOR MY OWN STUPIDITY IN NOT DISCERNING WHAT GOD HAD TOLD ME WAS TRUTH AND WHAT WAS HAPPENING BEFORE MY VERY EYES AND HOW BLIND I REMAINED THROUGH MY STUBBORNESS.  I BELIEVED EVERYONE WAS GOOD, THAT IS JUST NOT TRUTH.  

AND  MORE OF THE SAME

Psalm 45:1 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Psalm 45:2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

Psalm 45:3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

Psalm 45:4 And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

Psalm 45:5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Psalm 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalm 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

Psalm 139:18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Psalm 139:19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

Psalm 139:20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

Psalm 139:21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Psalm 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Psalm 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

CAN God even HEAR the prayer of one who is in sin? 

NO, He can not.
So yes, we come to the Father, THROUGH the Blood of Christ, to be washed clean of all sin so that we may speak with God in prayer and can hear and be heard.  It is the only way.

REMEMBER, the High Priest who once a year went in to the Holy of Holies and wore BELLS so that if he dropped dead they knew it?  THE BLOOD of Jesus rent that same veil so that WE could go straight to the Father, but it best be THROUGH the blood of Christ  and we best be without sin or there can be no communication with God.  

Please, if I have mis understood and need my eyes opened for more enlightenment, let me know.  I feel very strongly and have done much study BUT IT WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME I found myself IN ERROR. 

ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME IS GODS TRUTH, MY FEELINGS WILL NOT BE HURT. 

If indeed, I have missed the mark, I would only be grateful.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

Thanks,

Your judgement without knowing me has surely made things so much better.