• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,361
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

3 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Rumours can indeed cause a great deal of harm; and politics is a minefield for Christians. 

I look at the strife in the U.S. just now and I'm very concerned about it, even though I'm Scottish.  It looks like it could be the start of the disintegration of American society (I hope not), with extreme polarisation of very strongly held views, accompanied by armed militias on both sides.

This is definitely a time for us to look to the Lord and not man (this is always true, but it seems more urgent now).

God bless you for this encouragement, David. It's good and lovely that we exhort one another in the Lord for I hear His Spirit in these words from your heart. I've been in a dry place and they are sorely needed. His mercies are renewed each day. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.51
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Marathoner said:

God bless you for this encouragement, David. It's good and lovely that we exhort one another in the Lord for I hear His Spirit in these words from your heart. I've been in a dry place and they are sorely needed. His mercies are renewed each day. 

I know what a "dry place" is like (even though Scotland is very wet physically :(), so I can empathise with you about this.  In fact, I've been drawn to Psalm 63 recently, several times.

Psalm 63:1-8 (VW)

1 [A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah] -- O God, You are my Mighty God. I will seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You, as in a dry and weary land, where there is no water.
2 I have seen You in the sanctuary, to look upon Your power and Your glory.
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.
4 So I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips,
6 when I remember You upon my bed and meditate on You in the night watches.
7 Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings will I rejoice.
8 My soul has clung to You; Your right hand upholds me.

When all around is a barren wasteland, the Lord is our refreshing spring of living water.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

25 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Even if the Democrats stole the election, we do ourselves no favors by crying about it. Is our hope in democracy, or in God? All power is of God. If they have power to fix an election, it is only because God permitted it. Why, then, do we complain like those who have no hope, whose god is their belly, and who mind earthly things? If we're risen with Christ and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, why do we set our minds on earthly things and not on things above? Relax, because God has got this under control either way. If there's a valid legal argument to be made, then make it in the courts; but if your guy loses, fairly or otherwise, then accept it!

Very true so far as I believe God has a plan. His plans will not be hindered. 

On the other hand the processes of the government need to run their course. In this case that means recounting in any areas where fraud is suspected to have happened.

ESPECIALLY  since the sheer volume of mail in ballots was much more difficult to manage and control.

To be clear, I am not worried either way. I have peace in Christ.

Dishonesty is sin. Some sin is managed through the judicial system. In the case of voting in the US, this is a dishonesty that needs to go through a process if it exists.

Choices are few.

• Ignore any hint of discrepancy
  • Look for error and make corrections

The law dictates we pursue perceived voting anomalies if there is reason to think they exist. To do any less is ignoring the process.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, Starise said:

In some counties around my area the votes from a county exceeded the population of that county. How do we explain that? 

Mail in ballots- Correct me if I'm wrong here. As I understand it in some states of the US there's no accountability. I could mail out 100 ballots, Name then all whatever I wanted to name them and they would be counted if it's an "official" ballot.

If this is true, no wonder some people are highly skeptical of mail in ballots. Not to mention the software programs that run in the voting machines can be manipulated. This was testified to in a court of law by a computer engineer who worked with the programs. 

...just sayin'

Yes there is accountability.  You must put your DL or ID number on the ballot, if none of those, your social security number.  If you don't have that, someone must sign as a voucher and that person must have a DL or ID number or SSN.  So any fraud can be traced back to the voucher.  In person, all you need is an envelope with your name on it. (in my state) Vouching is the same in person.

Edit: You must register your name and address with the authorities before you even get a mail in ballot so it has to match up.  Anybody registered can only vote once because they check the name to make sure you are registered.  If a non registered or duplicate vote comes it it gets tossed.  It's actually easier to do fraud in person because you can register at the polls and any registered voter can vouch for an unlimited number of people.  So I could vouch for 100 people who put a fake name easy.

Edited by rturner76
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

2 minutes ago, rturner76 said:

Yes there is accountability.  You must put your DL or ID number on the ballot, if none of those, your social security number.  If you don't have that, someone must sign as a voucher and that person must have a DL or ID number or SSN.  So any fraud can be traced back to the voucher.  In person, all you need is an envelope with your name on it. (in my state) Vouching is the same in person.

That's the thing here. I think it differs by state. This is how it works in your state.

I was surprised that when I voted in person they didn't ask me for ID. They had a list with my name and address on it, they asked me who I was. They found me and I voted.

I COULD have been an imposter and the imposter could have voted differently than me.

Yes, it's actually easier to commit fraud in person

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, rturner76 said:

Edit: You must register your name and address with the authorities before you even get a mail in ballot so it has to match up.  Anybody registered can only vote once because they check the name to make sure you are registered.  If a non registered or duplicate vote comes it it gets tossed.  It's actually easier to do fraud in person because you can register at the polls and any registered voter can vouch for an unlimited number of people.  So I could vouch for 100 people who put a fake name easy.

Absentee ballots are different from mail in ballots. Absentee ballots have accountability mail in ballots do not.

Stop attempting subterfuge with word shifting / sleight of hand tactics. Else the fraud goes on... {sigh}

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Absentee ballots are different from mail in ballots. Absentee ballots have accountability mail in ballots do not.

Stop attempting subterfuge with word shifting / sleight of hand tactics. Else the fraud goes on... {sigh}

Maybe in your state but I did a mail in ballot myself and they only sent it after I sent in my voter registration so you stop!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I saw on Facebook...

There's your first problem. ?

• Haha 1

Trump and his minions are acting like we live in some 3rd world country where there are no checks and balances in the system.  Does fraud slide through?  I'm sure some does ON BOTH SIDES.  Not enough to change an election unless there is a nationwide conspiracy with tens of thousands of conspirators.  If that's the case, recount all 50 states, not just the ones you lost.

Stop being such brainwashed Trumpbots and use the deductive reasoning that God gave you, please!  You are embarrassing yourselves. 

It's hilarious to watch you all in a tizzy weeping and crying, jumping around making fools of yourselves but at the end of the day, it's actually sad and pathetic.  Have some self respect and wish the better man success. 

Trump's narcissism will not allow him to believe someone beat him.  He has been able to buy, bully, and steal his way to everything he has ever desires but the American people can't be bought.  We saw and see him for what he really is......a loser *in this case anyway)/