• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, kingdombrat said:

Flying birds with fire = military air force, but to someone writing that down 2,000 years ago doesn't mean they understand.   They don't have to understand because the Holy Spirit wrote it down and God understands!   Same can be applied to a microchip looking like a tattoo or scar, or a {MARK}.

I love how people can interject based upon the "writer" not taking in completely the writer is GOD!   

I don't understand you comment of what I wrote, What is it that seems to bother you about my reference to Daniel?

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

I don't understand you comment of what I wrote, What is it that seems to bother you about my reference to Daniel?

I agree with your post, I was giving example of things when the Bible writers wrote they did not fully understand but the Holy Spirit who inspired them to write understood completely.

A writer 2,000 years ago might not understand what a f15 looks like but they can write it looked like a bird with flames.   A writer 2,000 years ago might not understand they're seeing the process of microchips being planted but they understand the rash that is left as a Mark.   And they can associate that rash/mark to meaning numbers and ways to buy/sell/etc.    But God knew absolutely what was meant.

And I think in accordance to what both Daniel and Paul wrote, knowledge will indeed increase in the last days and we are witnessing that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

An intelligent answer that has been investigated by the poster will not be forthcoming. You'll get an off-topic, scapegoating copy-and-paste polemic that contains half-truths and outdated information. Large font (style over substance). And the response will contain contempt. You've read Gentry's book; you know the origin of the Domitian-era dating and how flimsy it is. You probably also won't get and answer to the question asked. They get told certain views are heresy so they must be a heresy. It makes no difference that far-futurism is the upstart newest position that radically departed from centuries of Christian thought, doctrine, and practice. It cannot possibly be the heresy. 

The other guys are the heretics, not us. 

And we shan't let the facts of scripture or history change our mind.

Definition: Heresy = belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.  

Darbyism is the eschatology that departed from orthodox religious doctrine and we've all treated them with kind fellowship in spite of that fact. Parity is lacking. 

Ya--I understand the definition of 'heresy' as a matter of fact. However, when that word is shot like a spear, its definition isn't always understood the same for different folks. My anchored thought is that esch is not the same level as soter.

:-)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

15 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Yes, in the words of Bob Bennett, "I don't wanna shoot anyone with my high-powered doctrine gun." Happens a lot though if I ask someone to read scripture as written

I'm not understanding. 

btw, have you seen the key and peel skit on youtube "A Complete Fail at Getting Marijuana"? hillarious! (but contains profanity)

I can see how that is confusing...my bad.

I mean that since so many have so many different views of end time stuff (sic) and are utterly convinced they are right even though at odds with others equally convinced they are right; within that large dynamic 'heresy' isn't as great a term applied therein as compared to the subject of our Salvation and the Cross, etc.

Grok?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

I can see how that is confusing...my bad.

I mean that since so many have so many different views of end time stuff (sic) and are utterly convinced they are right even though at odds with others equally convinced they are right; within that large dynamic 'heresy' isn't as great a term applied therein as compared to the subject of our Salvation and the Cross, etc.

Grok?

If people do not want to take the Word of God literally then they will have to wait and see what happens. If a lot of people instantly disappear then they have their answer. 

Guest kingdombrat
10 hours ago, Alive said:

OK--let me ask you a question, because I want to understand what you have said here. Are you equating competing views of end time stuff with heresy?

No, because the destruction of 70 A.D. has nothing to do with "end times" or "fulfilling prophecy" other than the few verses Christ addressed in early Matthew 24.  So to explain preterism as competition for it being something other than a Jewish rebellion gone bad, would be giving ignorance praise.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Josheb said:

That is true only from the Dispensationalist influence far-future position. Most of Christendom has looonng understood most has taken place. When the futurist says, "It hasn't yet happened," not only are they arguing a post hoc fallacy, but what they really mean is "It has not yet happened they way my eschatology says it will happen." But if we measure the predictions by scripture - if we use the precept "scripture first renders scripture" then we find much indeed has already occurred. As I noted to the previous poster, an example of that would be the woman giving birth. It had already happened by the time John wrote Revelation. 

Your position is noted. I don't agree it's general. From your point of view it is. There is no possibility none of it has occurred?

Rev 12 regarding the woman is a sign as stated. It's an identifier not an historical commentary.

Scripture renders scripture is akin to Law of First mention. I don't hold to either.

Three concepts are immutable and overriding of all else in interpretation:

Context, literalism, and normative usage.

Anyone who relies on Israel as a fulfillment of prophesy should understand Christianity has never held to a belief there was a future plan for Israel. Why did the Church not believe such a thing? Because there was no Israel!!! I cannot say this demonstratively enough: Christianity has never held to a two-part plan wherein God has one plan for the Jews and another for the Christians. Never. That idea became popular in the early to mid-1800s with the rise of the restoration movements. These movements (SDAs, CoCs, Brethren, JWs, LDS, etc.) had many differences but they all held three things in common: 1) they all believed they were the true Church (and no one else was), 2) they all therefore asserted some form of piety based on what proves to be an imaginary view of the NT-era Church, and 3) they were all apocalyptic. Prior to this there was no pre-tribulational rapture eschatology.

I agree.

nowhere in the entirety of scripture does it anywhere state another third temple will be built

And despite my stated intent I'm right back on this carnival ride.

That is an argument from silence. Don't tell me you don't see it. You see no evidence a Temple will be rebuilt...great. Any evidence in the entirety of scripture that states categorically a temple will never be rebuilt?

You could ask me, "Well, what about         x          happening? When did that happen?" or "When did     y      happen?" and I could answer and explain most of it but my interest here is specific. I doubt I could explain all of it because 1) I'm not exhaustively studied on all matters ;), and 2) the cannon is closed so there is no inspired explanation upon which I or anyone else can rely :b:The temple is my point of inquiry and the reason this is so is because it's an obvious inconsistency between scripture and eschatological doctrine. At least it should be obvious to anyone who is authentically couched in what scripture actually says and those willing to be honest with themselves. I used to be dispy, Diaste. I felt the shock of realizing something I'd believed for more than a decade as a believer, even before I was a believer; I felt hte alarm of realizing all my teachers were teaching errantly! 

Are they all false teachers deserving of hell? 

No, otherwise redeemed and regenerate people can be mistaken eschatologically. 

And they are. 

There is no scripture stating another temple will be build. Prophesies that mention a temple all occur while there was a temple still standing or they reference the Church ala 1 Cor. 3:16. There is no reason to hypothesize another temple and we should all ask ourself every single time we hypothesize about scripture! Why am I speculating? Why am I speculating and then telling others they must believe my speculations? 

Again...what scripture speaks to a rebuilt Temple as impossible? I get you believe this most sincerely. I also empathize with your epiphany. Had a similar one my self. That does not mean they were wrong about everything. 

Why must I change the topic and say, "Much has not occurred," as if to imply, "Because much has not occurred I can still believe in another temple even though there is no such scripture in the Bible." 

It's relevant to actual context and timing. Born of your position, as it were. So much is prophesied to occur and the Temple is only one detail in a gauntlet of events; all of which are set to occur in a narrow window of prophetic utterance.

Isn't that what is really being suggested?

Absolutely not. 

If there's no scriptural support for another temple then there's no scriptural support for another temple. It's that plain and easy. If there's no scriptural support for another temple then take that out of your eschatology and keep the rest if you like. Hold to a futurist eschatology without a future temple. Listen to the teachers with what you now know: there is no scripture stating another temple will be built and all the prophesies aoccurred when a temple was still standing so there's no need to hypothesize about another

It will change the way you listen to Christian radio. 

I got out of what I saw as religious propaganda many years ago. I don't hold to a religion. I take what I hear and examine it and keep the correct ideas which align with scripture.

But you still must deal with the prophesied events that have yet to occur. Where is the evidence of occurrence of: the mark, the A of D, the 2nd advent, the gathering, Armageddon, New Jerusalem, the 1000 year reign of Christ, the fiery destruction of Gog and Magog? 

All of the above shatter the foundations of man's rule on earth forever. One would think such things would be recorded history. And if you don't know because you have not looked it would behoove you to do so.

It's obvious you will find no evidence either way. Where does that leave you?

20 hours ago, kingdombrat said:

I agree with your post, I was giving example of things when the Bible writers wrote they did not fully understand but the Holy Spirit who inspired them to write understood completely.

A writer 2,000 years ago might not understand what a f15 looks like but they can write it looked like a bird with flames.   A writer 2,000 years ago might not understand they're seeing the process of microchips being planted but they understand the rash that is left as a Mark.   And they can associate that rash/mark to meaning numbers and ways to buy/sell/etc.    But God knew absolutely what was meant.

Thank you for kindly responding. :amen:

Guest kingdombrat
2 hours ago, Josheb said:

End of the age. And the text itself says otherwise. Every one of you acknowledges the beginning of the Church age. If the Church age began then what age ended? 

Matthew 24:3
"As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, 'Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?'"

For the record, the Disciples ask 3 questions here and none of them relate to 70 A.D.

We have no written account Christ returned, He gathered the Saints and where is the account of Armageddon{that event wipes out the entire population of Earth}?  on the clouds or that a Great tribulation occurred so great that before and after nothing ever surpassed it {70 A.D. can't hold a candle to Vietnam and the WWI-II, Korea, even other nations wars among themselves}.   You're pulling hairs here on severely inept and weak theory.

The End Times Technologies .

2020 has been an advancement of the BEAST coming towards and building its infrastructure , he is redoing all of Washington D.C. The infrastructure is being laid everywhere.  MESH which is the BEAST , that is how they will be doing this surveillance,you wont be able to hide,  everything is connected, everything is -SMART- talking through each other, the internet of things is here.

Now through these Covid-19 vaccinations injections and other  into our bodies is called the internet of bodies, and now your body will be connected to the interned of things, and now you will never ever have privacy again, because you will be connected to the system, you will become part of the image of the BEAST. His image is this MESH, his image is this form that is being created across this earth like a glove: the Internet of Things. This is his eyes, those computer chips are his eyes, that is why he the Beast wants to be INSIDE your TEMPLE he wants to marry you with him, As Christians we are the bride of Christ we have been betrothed , we have been bought with a price , we have been set apart, we are what is holding the BEAST back. This is why he does not like us Christians. Because of who we represent. We as Christians are representatives of the kingdom of God, we are ambassadors, we are the bride, we have all the rights of Him, when they see us, they should SEE HIM,  the BEAST wants to remove that. The BEAST want to do away with that GOD gene, that goodness, that light that is inside you, your eyes, that purity that lives inside you ,the BEAST wants, he wants what is our from GOD,  he wants to drain your anointing from GOD, the BEAST wants to stop your ears from hearing the gospel,from hearing from heaven, the BEAST wants you to be his, to be clogged up, to be soulless, he want you to be married to him and to his images, the BEAST wants to take care of you like a bride, he wants to supply you, he wants to heal you , he wants to give you things, he wants you to be leaning on him when your in trouble,you go to him instead of GOD, the BEAST has got the physical answer right here in front of your eyes, he will whisper,:  God is up there and you cannot see him? I am right here, I have everything that you need to protect you, to live forever. The BEAST is the false hope and today the ruber has hit the road. People are having to make choices, life and death choices. People are moving, people are quitting their jobs, people are leaving their spouses, people are leaving the parents, people are leaving their children, this is how serious this is. And its because of the hour we are in. The BEAST is coming after us like the deal with Moses. When the new year comes, we as Christian need to be crossing those waters with the rod of faith, not knowing how HE is going to make the way, but trust in Him and His WORD rather than trusting in the BEAST system

Edited by 1to3