ANY REAL PROPHETS HERE?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

To sum it all up: my life has been one big mess from the very start. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get anywhere. I’ve encountered the father before in a dream, and I grew up religious. With that said, I know of God and his presence.  I am now leaning on that - on this faith - for a chance to be a “better me”.

Since this is a post in the “ASK NEW QUESTION” thread, I guess my question is: what is his plan for me? Who am I to be? Someone I am pleased with? Someone who did exactly what everyone told them to do, cave in to the nit-picking and negative comments and did exactly what they expected...fail?  Will I have suffered for naught? Mind you I’m grateful for what little I have, but a part of me wants to be selfish. To have a life like every other normal person me age;enjoy a fad;go on dates;go out with friends;get into a little bit of trouble - just a teeny-weeny little bit of young, fun, laddy-daddy fun;simply ENJOY life as everyone does.  Or remain in the shadows? To live and not have any sense of individuality or lasting impression on anyone - good that is? Will I forever be unhappy?

To give exposition about myself, I would state that...hmm...my nature from I was younger was of meekness. Yes!  An empathetic, meek, optimistic, easily pushed around little boy is what I was. In many ways, I am still that boy. I guess, you can say I was soft. The type to never win an argument;not have a string of good luck;easily yelled at;mocked;beraded;degraded;fearful;easily manipulated, hurt, discouraged, remorseful.  I’ve always been a less assertive person, a lamb, letting the wolfs have at me to not say a thing. Even when put into situations where I should have been a little harsh, I could never muster up the courage or the “gall”. I’ve struggled in my home life, social life(for the majority was “school”, where I didn’t very much have many good memories ) - and now that I’m a young adult(not to long turned the big one - eight) I am struggling in my financial life(though I was struggling financially before, but now more so than ever). It’s a lot more I could go on about. But it pains me so to talk about all of my problems, I doubt you would want to read any more. Or I doubt I would want to talk more about, as to seem pitiful or needy.

Getting my point across again: is there ANY prophet who can find out what God has planned for me? If not what is his plans for me, can you guarantee that I’d live the good life that I want to live?

• Praying! 4

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

5 hours ago, George242g said:

Getting my point across again: is there ANY prophet who can find out what God has planned for me.....
If not what is his plans for me, can you guarantee that I’d live the good life that I want to live....

:emot-heartbeat:

God's Plans For You

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

If You Would Just Believe In The LORD's Salvation

I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be restrained. Job 42:2

Pretty Cool Huh

~

Love, Joe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, George242g said:

To sum it all up: my life has been one big mess from the very start. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get anywhere. I’ve encountered the father before in a dream, and I grew up religious. With that said, I know of God and his presence.  I am now leaning on that - on this faith - for a chance to be a “better me”.

Since this is a post in the “ASK NEW QUESTION” thread, I guess my question is: what is his plan for me? Who am I to be? Someone I am pleased with? Someone who did exactly what everyone told them to do, cave in to the nit-picking and negative comments and did exactly what they expected...fail?  Will I have suffered for naught? Mind you I’m grateful for what little I have, but a part of me wants to be selfish. To have a life like every other normal person me age;enjoy a fad;go on dates;go out with friends;get into a little bit of trouble - just a teeny-weeny little bit of young, fun, laddy-daddy fun;simply ENJOY life as everyone does.  Or remain in the shadows? To live and not have any sense of individuality or lasting impression on anyone - good that is? Will I forever be unhappy?

To give exposition about myself, I would state that...hmm...my nature from I was younger was of meekness. Yes!  An empathetic, meek, optimistic, easily pushed around little boy is what I was. In many ways, I am still that boy. I guess, you can say I was soft. The type to never win an argument;not have a string of good luck;easily yelled at;mocked;beraded;degraded;fearful;easily manipulated, hurt, discouraged, remorseful.  I’ve always been a less assertive person, a lamb, letting the wolfs have at me to not say a thing. Even when put into situations where I should have been a little harsh, I could never muster up the courage or the “gall”. I’ve struggled in my home life, social life(for the majority was “school”, where I didn’t very much have many good memories ) - and now that I’m a young adult(not to long turned the big one - eight) I am struggling in my financial life(though I was struggling financially before, but now more so than ever). It’s a lot more I could go on about. But it pains me so to talk about all of my problems, I doubt you would want to read any more. Or I doubt I would want to talk more about, as to seem pitiful or needy.

Getting my point across again: is there ANY prophet who can find out what God has planned for me? If not what is his plans for me, can you guarantee that I’d live the good life that I want to live?

The real question is who is the unique person God created you to be?   We often get hung up asking what God wants us to do rather than asking who the unique individual is who He wants us to become.  

The starting point for that is not us trying harder to be better but to accept Jesus Christ in our hearts.  Christians use a number of different terms for this, born-again, born of the Spirit, accepting Christ, being saved, and conversion.   Most Christians' testimonies are similar about this.  It is a point in our lives where God makes us aware of our spiritual situation and that we cannot fix ourselves, but need Him to do it.   Most Christians' testimonies include acknowledging our sinfulness and inability to change ourselves, but that God has to forgive us and change us.  Most testimonies include some sense of becoming aware of God's presence and feeling different.  Some describe it in terms where it seems the heavens opened and others talk about simply starting to feel a calm peaceful presence of God within.  This seems to vary person to person.   At this point, God makes us into a new creation and starts to change us.

I think a good analogy for our Christian walk is like God having planted a garden.  As the garden is tended, it will grow and flourish.  Some things show up quickly and others take time.  Galatians 5:22-23 lists fruit of the Spirit which is a description of what we will be like as we are transformed by God's work in us.  This is not like new year's resolutions where we try to use discipline and resolve to change but rather that God works in us and starts to change us from within so that those things naturally emerge as part of our lives.  Patience does not mean taking an anger management class and learning to count to 10, it means God changing us so that certain things simply no longer cause a negative reaction on our part.  

In addition, I believe God created each of us to be a unique individual that will reflect God's glory in a way unique to each of us.  There's an enemy and a world that hates God and wants to stop that from happening.  Sometimes, we get attacked and crushed at the very points God intends to be our strengths and uniqueness.  An artist or creative person might face severe discouragement and insults that hurt them and lead them to stop sharing their work.  A caring loving person might be abused to the point they stop trusting and helping people.   A part of what God does in our lives is heal and restore those things that were injured and damaged so that we become the work of art He intended for us to be.

Learning who God created us to be is a lifelong journey and adventure where we walk with God and become that person.  He may use others at times to give us good advice and wisdom.  At times, God's Spirit might touch someone to speak things to us (perhaps what you call prophecy) for particular situations for encouragement and guidance.  However, God is the One showing us through various means who He created us to be.  He wants us to look to Him, not the means He is using.

A few books that helped me on this point about 10 or 15 years ago were "Waking the Dead" and "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge.

Ultimately, a "good life" is walking through life as the person God created us to be.  In some ways, it might look like what we expect.  In other ways, it will look completely different.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, George242g said:

To sum it all up: my life has been one big mess from the very start. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get anywhere.

Hi George. WELCOME TO WORTHY

In response to your first two sentences, I am led to ask is there an expectation that your life should be trouble free from start to finish?

If so you need to reassess your priorities. Instead of seeking a trouble free run you need to seek God's Kingdom and His Righteousness.

I can give you a 100% guarantee that if you do this consistently the results will be favourable to you. Others I know who have followed these Biblical instructions have been blessed with immediate results.

Basically taking the focus off ourselves, our needs, our issues, our troubles, our worries, our past, our future etc, and embracing God's Kingdom, not this cursed and fallen world and its woes, is a big part of Christian discipline and discipleship.

When we align with God's Will in this respect we avoid the sin of selfpity, and the Way of God's Wisdom opens up for us to walk in. Psalm 23 is very useful in this respect as it speaks of the sheep trusting their Shepherd in all things. The paths of righteousness are the only ones Christians should be interested in. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 11/24/2020 at 2:35 PM, George242g said:

what is his plan for me? Who am I to be?

God's plan for you is the same for everybody.

To live a life that honours Jesus. To work and earn a living, to be part of a church.

• This is Worthy 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/18/2016

On 11/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, George242g said:

Joshua 1:7-8

New King James Version

Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may [a]prosper wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you[b] shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Read full chapter

Footnotes

1. Joshua 1:7 have success or act wisely
  2. Joshua 1:8 you shall be constantly in

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 11/25/2020 at 3:35 AM, George242g said:

All the prophetic words that you need are found in the Bible.  All you have to do is read it and see what God says to you from His direct word, instead of getting something cheap, nasty and second hand from some self-appoint "prophet" whom God may not have sent and who is dreaming stuff out of his head.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

24 minutes ago, Paul James said:

All the prophetic words that you need are found in the Bible.  All you have to do is read it and see what God says to you from His direct word, instead of getting something cheap, nasty and second hand from some self-appoint "prophet" whom God may not have sent and who is dreaming stuff out of his head.

The true purpose of prophecy is to bear testimony to the Person and work of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Rev 19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

• Well Said! 1