IGNORED

Will I go to hell for using bitcoin in the past? (please read and/or responsibly)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is there anything that the Bible speaks against it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

On the face of it, this seems to be a bizarre question. No one, including mocking atheists, would expect bitcoin to be dealt with in Scripture, so at best I'm hoping you have in mind the undisciplined misuse of digital finances. 

For true believers finance in any context must be used in a way that doesn't displace Christ in their daily lives. The misuse of money is a hindrance to spiritual growth and often results in greed, wrongdoing and corruption. 

Are you facing eternal punishment because you've used bitcoin? That's the wrong question to ask. Have you sinned against Christ? Are you willing to tell Him how truly sorry you are? Are you willing to change, claim forgiveness and follow Him daily? Do you want to enjoy a clean and balanced lifestyle that honours Him? Those are questions that matter.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, TonyT316 said:

I know very little about bitcoins, but I don't know why using them would cause you to go to hell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The [only] thing God will not forgive is unbelief in Jesus.

Try reading this in this order:

We are sometimes the victims of our own familiarity... things we miss or forget because we are overly familiar. Try reading these three verses in reverse order...

John 3:18 (AV)
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17 (AV)
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 3:16 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am a very devout believer and I love the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.; and I am just concerned because I know it is a worldwide crypto-currency and I know what the Books of Daniel and Revelation say about the end times  I am not condoning bitcoin by the way.

Edit: Also, please do not fall for any online scams or romance scams; I just though I was being naïve and helping starving people (but please do not send money to someone that you have never met like I did, I will never do that again).

Edited by TonyT316
Additional Information

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

You won't go to hell for using bitcoin. 

Bitcoin is the beginning of the digital currency.  (it would be wise to invest in it now)

Eventually digital currency will be the norm and paper money will be a thing of the past.

Then, in the course of time, there will be a great war, and during the war a prominent person will seem to die and then seem to be healed from death in a spectacular world changing manner. Afterwards that person will begin to say that 'Jesus' will arrive soon. And then 'Jesus' will seemingly arrive, putting an end to the war, and confirming the words of the wounded/healed person. Together they will introduce new amazing technology to the world, and the world will unite around their technology, such that all buying and selling will be done through it.  Those that buy into what those two will be selling will receive of hell.

Both worship of the image and receiving the mark are needed for damnation. Revelation 14:9

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Tony,

The answer to your question is No.

If you have sincerely surrendered ownership of your life to Christ as a faith response to His Gospel, then you are saved. That is, you have received God's pardon and “the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7).

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need

1 John 2:1 - … if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Note: I am not suggesting that using bitcoin is a sin. I do not think it is. But if you have concerns, take it to God, trust in God's grace so you can leave it behind, and move forward in your life with God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 11/29/2020 at 3:28 AM, TonyT316 said:

No one disagrees with the gospel’s logic of perfection vs. imperfection:

Are you, like me, morally imperfect, and you disobey your inner voice?

If there’s a Heaven or utopia we can’t go! If I hurt your feelings in Heaven or vice versa, it’s not Heaven. How can imperfect people get to Heaven?

The solution is a person. The Bible explains that Jesus Christ, being God, innocent and perfect, switched places with us on the cross. He died a horrible death by torture to take our sin, guilt and shame, our imperfection. He then rose from the dead, and as the Bible says, “God loved the world in this way--He gave His Son , so whoever trusts Him shall not perish but has eternal life.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

On 11/29/2020 at 3:28 AM, TonyT316 said:

You will go to "hell" for not being saved. Are you saved?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/29/2020 at 8:28 AM, TonyT316 said:

If you do not have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (including that he is God and man; that he took your sins and punishments, when he shed his blood and died on the cross; and that he rose bodily from the dead), then everything you think, say and do will send you to hell (unless God gives you a new, soft heart that repents and believes in Jesus Christ), because it is all done in rebellion against God, not in faith.

If you have been born again, have turned from sin to God and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, then you will go to heaven.

• Well Said! 1