LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

It came as a surprise to me to find out that some of you here are taking offense by my signature. Which happens to be a passage of scripture from the Book of Proverbs. This being a "Christian" message forum and all. I did not realize that when I picked a Bible verse for my signature, that some would take offense to this. I was going to leave Worthy all together and I may still do so. This is something I am still considering. But for now  I would like to explain just why I picked Proverbs 18:2 as my signature.

"Worthy Christian Forums" is in my view. A place to voice our opinions. It is not a "fact" based site. I do not come here to look for political facts or health facts or whatever.  It can have some facts if the person posting the thread wishes to include them. But no one is required to do that when they make a thread or a post. So  for the most part. If you want the real facts of a subject. You need to go search else where.  So it seem to me that at the time when I was deciding on a signature.  Proverbs 18:2 seem appropriate.  

Proverbs 18:2 reads:  Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions.

After all that is what we all are doing on this site. Airing our own opinions about this and that and whatever else. Proverbs 18:2 seem to be a good reminder that all of us (including myself) sometimes need to  stop and ask ourselves, "Am I wanting to gain understanding here? Or am I just wanting to shout my own opinions and miss the insight that someone else may have on a subject? "   None of us are all knowing. Each and every one of us can learn from each other.  But only if we are all willing to listen to what the other person has to say.  My signature was never been intended to be a personal attack on anyone here. It just seem to fit what goes on here. 

If you are still offended by Proverbs 18:2. Perhaps you need to ask yourselves why?  

So anyway, if after all of this I am still being asked to remove my signature because some find it offensive. I will think upon it then decided if Worthy Christian site is really the right place for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It came as a surprise to me to find out that some of you here are taking offense by my signature. Which happens to be a passage of scripture from the Book of Proverbs. This being a "Christian" message forum and all. I did not realize that when I picked a Bible verse for my signature, that some would take offense to this. I was going to leave Worthy all together and I may still do so. This is something I am still considering. But for now  I would like to explain just why I picked Proverbs 18:2 as my signature.

"Worthy Christian Forums" is in my view. A place to voice our opinions. It is not a "fact" based site. I do not come here to look for political facts or health facts or whatever.  It can have some facts if the person posting the thread wishes to include them. But no one is required to do that when they make a thread or a post. So  for the most part. If you want the real facts of a subject. You need to go search else where.  So it seem to me that at the time when I was deciding on a signature.  Proverbs 18:2 seem appropriate.  

Proverbs 18:2 reads:  Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions.

After all that is what we all are doing on this site. Airing our own opinions about this and that and whatever else. Proverbs 18:2 seem to be a good reminder that all of us (including myself) sometimes need to  stop and ask ourselves, "Am I wanting to gain understanding here? Or am I just wanting to shout my own opinions and miss the insight that someone else may have on a subject? "   None of us are all knowing. Each and every one of us can learn from each other.  But only if we are all willing to listen to what the other person has to say.  My signature was never been intended to be a personal attack on anyone here. It just seem to fit what goes on here. 

If you are still offended by Proverbs 18:2. Perhaps you need to ask yourselves why?  

So anyway, if after all of this I am still being asked to remove my signature because some find it offensive. I will think upon it then decided if Worthy Christian site is really the right place for me. 

Hi LadyKay.

As you may know signatures can be hidden using the toggle as shown, so there is a remedy for the problem of them being disliked.

image.png.a8563b7146c5fde65fd72373b4e0f5f0.png

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I cannot see why anyone would be offended by your siggy?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

I was going to leave Worthy all together and I may still do so. This is something I am still considering. But for now  I would like to explain just why I picked Proverbs 18:2 as my signature.

Oh here we go again...

For several years now, every couple of times in the year you post a post like this threatening to leave  worthy but you always remain.

It seems you are from these post looking for 

sympathetic responses.

I guess this must be your way to view and gauge how people think about you. Oh well you do seem to have a following...

I will think upon it then decided if Worthy Christian site is really the right place for me. 

lol ok dokey 

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

See ya in the forum with all your supporters. lol.

BTW this Forum allows for diverse opinions, that includes yours as well as it includes mine.

If you have not learned anything in the years you have been a member of Worthy than perhaps it is a good idea to think  sensibly if this really is the place for you.

I can only speak for myself but I have learned a lot from these message boards on Worthy and also I do like to contribute my concerns and if I can be helpful in any way, I rejoice to be able to be of help in Christ Jesus Always.

I am not just stuck on my views, I will post them like anybody else and if someone can bring to the forefront some additional info , I am open to listen and learn and grow in the Lord.

After all, if we are serious  about our walk with the Lord we keep growing in Him as His Holy Spirit keeps guiding and transforming us more and more into the child of God He always intended for us to be.

17 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Oh here we go again...

For several years now, every couple of times in the year you post a post like this threatening to leave  worthy but you always remain.

sympathetic responses.

I guess this must be your way to view and gauge how people think about you. Oh well you do seem to have a following...

lol ok dokey 

BTW this Forum allows for diverse opinions, that includes yours as well as it includes mine.

If you have not learned anything in the years you have been a member of Worthy than perhaps it is a good idea to think  sensibly if this really is the place for you.

I can only speak for myself but I have learned a lot from these message boards on Worthy and also I do like to contribute my concerns and if I can be helpful in any way, I rejoice to be able to be of help in Christ Jesus Always.

I am not just stuck on my views, I will post them like anybody else and if someone can bring to the forefront some additional info , I am open to listen and learn and grow in the Lord.

After all, if we are serious  about our walk with the Lord we keep growing in Him as His Holy Spirit keeps guiding and transforming us more and more into the child of God He always intended for us to be.

1to3

"

Oh here we go again...

sympathetic responses.

I guess this must be your way to view and gauge how people think about you. Oh well you do seem to have a following..."[/quote].

So What? You have no issues? Leave well enough alone!

Edited by HAZARD

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

1to3

20 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Oh here we go again...

sympathetic responses.

lol ok dokey 

Expand  

1to3

Right 0 sympathise with the poor ol maiden in distress, that is what she is yearning for.

I gave my thoughts you gave yours.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

I cannot see why anyone would be offended by your siggy?

Awww you are so sweet, to show  concern to LadyKay  by berating my comments.  you  seem  sympathetic singling out your  favorites  of whom you view merit sympathy ?

Thankfully Christ  views Mercy on ALL that Call upon Him and SEEK Him

Not looking for an argument, I just have seen this same  complaint from the same member poster over and over again , entertaining to leave  ad nauseum .  And so I have made the observation known. I have mentioned the emperor with no cloth on so to speak so now I become the villain by observing a fact.

She does have no doubt a following so go right ahead and continue to bash me ( i am used to it) and favor her twice a year  for her post of distress threatening to leave, as you seem to think that is really helpful for her. I on the other hand do not think it is of help for her. I SEE it more as ENABLING. her to continue in the same vain,

Edited by 1to3
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Gender:Not Telling WHY? scared of something or someone or are you gay! . . . LOL :-)
  •  
  • Interests:The little phrase: All is forgiven, where there is faith, forgiveness is possible.Amen!Matthew 6:12,15 fav. songs: There is Power Power wounder working Power in the precious Blood of the Lamb Tree 63 Blessed Be Your Name Of The Lord My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives!(My Passion For Christ) -Casting Crowns- "Forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"

Try practicing your interests, your little phrase above:  ^^^^^^^^^ 

I'm not being sympathetic, I'm simply pointing our your bullying tactics, which are not very Christian like, especially on a Christian forum such as this! If your used to being bashed as you say you are, it's probably because you are a bully!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not holding my breath.............default_cool2.gif.e3372f8999984718338971486b300b3b.gif    for the umpteenth time....

I enjoy your input Kay, over the years. Just not this same ole part of it.
I am usually nervous when I reply to you.
I think your signature is cool though, personally...................

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.      Franklin D. Roosevelt

On 12/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, HAZARD said:
  • Gender:Not Telling WHY? scared of something or someone or are you gay! . . . LOL :-)
  •  
  • Interests:The little phrase: All is forgiven, where there is faith, forgiveness is possible.Amen!Matthew 6:12,15 fav. songs: There is Power Power wounder working Power in the precious Blood of the Lamb Tree 63 Blessed Be Your Name Of The Lord My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives!(My Passion For Christ) -Casting Crowns- "Forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"

Try practicing your interests, your little phrase above:  ^^^^^^^^^ 

I'm not being sympathetic, I'm simply pointing our your bullying tactics, which are not very Christian like, especially on a Christian forum such as this! If your used to being bashed as you say you are, it's probably because you are a bully!

I was not trying to be bullying, I was just trying to say what I am observing.

When you say I am used to being bullied. That is correct. I came from a family of very educated people who had very high standards and if you did not meet them or fit into them it was made known. I have always seen the duplicate side of why people favor one over  another and I can SEE manipulative tactics when presented.  For sure I have had to develop a thick skin or I would have become toast within my own  family or origin that I was brought up in as well as this world.  

I only know how I was brought up and how I have lived to be able to stay alive in this dog eat dog world.In my family of origin sympathy was never given,  especially when manipulative tactics where discerned , however I do sympathize with what Is see as a true cry for help  and sincerely try to help then, but when I detect a manipulative popularity contest survey/quiz underway once again I cringe. I don't see the point of enabling someone you feel is trying to manipulate a response.

Evidently by your response and probably by the response of her followers  and others i will be continuously berated for it, So be it. I said my peace and stand by it.

Edited by 1to3