IGNORED

Repenting From Sins Will Not Save Anybody—Unless It Is a TRICK !

Blood Bought 1953

• Blood Bought 1953 changed the title to Repenting From Sins Will Not Save Anybody—Unless It Is a TRICK !

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A lot of confused, poorly taught people believe sincerely that unless they “ Stop Sinning” , they can’t be Saved. This is what they take the word “ Repentance” to mean ......one has to Repent Of all of  their Sins in order to be declared “ Fit For Heaven”

The True Repentance That Saves is the “ TURNING to God , with Faith in Jesus Christ.”   Acts 20:22......  “ I told Jews and Gentiles  to TURN ( Repent) to God and have Faith in our Lord Jesus) It is literally a “ change of mind”  ( from the Greek Metanoia) .....you Change you Mind From thinking that you are “ good enough” to go to Heaven and thinking you can make it  on your own somehow , to finally discovering that you CANT  be good enough and you need HELP! BIG TIME ! You need a Savior! Then and ONLY  then will you have the required Contrite Heart that God is looking for .....the Contrite Heart that cries out..... “ Lord have Mercy on me , a Sinner.....” Onecwill never cry out for the Savior until you see the NEED for that Savior.....

So now let me make my point:  If one thinks that Repentance means “ Conquering or Stopping Sin”to Merit Heaven.....let’s go through that process .... I am qualified to teach it .....I tried it .....( spoiler alert— it did  not work ) 

OK ....Lets pretend that I just got told by my Dr that I got  one month to live  ....it’s time to get serious with God ....I gotta quit all of my Sinning .....I have now officially declared “ I Repent! I will sin no more! Starting NOW!   So......I start reading the Bible to find out all of the rules that I must keep and I give it my best shot ......I can sin no more between now and a month from now when I kick the bucket.I check  out those Ten Commandments and for weeks I go without Murdering or Committing Adultery .....I grit my teeth , summon up all of my will-Power andxfind myself doing a pretty good job! 

But then I made a big accidental mistake.....I got to The New Testament and stumbled across the Sermon on the Mount. Uh-oh. There  I discovered refraining from murder and refraining from Adultery was not going to “ cut the mustard” . To continue my life of  Repentance which meant to me in my mind I still had to “ not sin anymore” —— it finally hit me ! I could refrain from Adultery sure enough , but Jesus said that to just have a lustful thought was equal to committing Adultery. Well , a man’s gotta do what he has to do—— no more Lustful Thoughts for me ! 

Well, that worked for about 15 minutes.....in fact the more that I tried NOT to harbor bad thoughts, the more bad thoughts I entertained ......it finally hit me ......despite my good intentions , my attempts to “ quit Sinning” was a Sham. I could not do it ! The harder I “tried” to quit the harder it “ became” to quit . I was reminded of Paul’s struggle in Romans 7......I sincerely “ wanted” to be “ good” , but it just wasn’t in me..... “ Sin” always found a way to overcome the Best of my intentions....I had to “ come to an end of myself” ..... I could not stop Sinning .....what I “ could” do was to swallow my Pride, admit I was a hopeless, helpless Sinner who HAD to have a Savior or I was headed for Hell like a speeding Bullet! Now I understood how that Sinful Publican ( Tax Collector) felt....I had at last been humbled — All that was left for me to do was TURN TO GOD ( the REAL Repentance that God means for Salvation) and cry out , “ Lord Jesus, have Mercy on me, a Sinner.”  Just like the Publican , I was  Saved at that moment.....I went home JUSTIFIED —- just like he did.......simply because I “ Repented” ....I Repented God's Way....I finally Turned to Him ......God fulfilled His Promise —- “ Turn to me and I will Turn to You.”

So here is where the mistaken idea of “stopping Sinning” to Merit Heaven   ( the erroneous view of repentance)   can  inadvertently lead to one’ s Salvation...If trying to conquer Sin leads you to see that you cant do it and the Holy Spirit That  gave you the Self-Insight to see even “That” —— if that Spirit draws you with the CONVICTIOn Of SIN and the Awareness that you NEED  a Savior you got Tricked .....the Route  that you originally thought would Save you ( mastering Sin) turned out to be Lie.....but it lead you to your Salvation in spite of yourself and your self-Righteousness...... I you went on  to put your Faith in Jesus to do FOR you what you discovered you could NOT do by yourself....you, my friend  got “ Born Again” ....you got Saved.....Congrats!

Jesus commanded us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17). Is there some reason we SHOULDN'T repent of our sin?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The True Repentance That Saves is the “ TURNING to God , with Faith in Jesus Christ.”   Acts 20:22......  “ I told Jews and Gentiles  to TURN ( Repent) to God and have Faith in our Lord Jesus) It is literally a “ change of mind”  ( from the Greek Metanoia) .....you Change you Mind From thinking that you are “ good enough” to go to Heaven and thinking you can make it  on your own somehow , to finally discovering that you CANT  be good enough and you need HELP! BIG TIME ! You need a Savior! Then and ONLY  then will you have the required Contrite Heart that God is looking for .....the Contrite Heart that cries out..... “ Lord have Mercy on me , a Sinner.....” One will never cry out for the Savior until you see the NEED for that Savior.....

default_thumbsup.gif.a1779c9191b30d4ea703413cd9a24299.gif

Ya gotta get em lost before they wanna be saved !............

Raised thirty years in the works RCC mentality, I believed as long as I died with no "mortal sins", (those really big sins), I would only  have to go through a period in "purge a tory", to burn off (atone) for those remaining sins. Then I'd be  good enough for heaven.
Then a faithful true believer sowed a seed, and I heard the truth. I must be born again.   "Repent and be saved"
Thought that meant like you said BB, get cleaned up (changed) from sinning, THEN ask for salvation mercy.
Thanks to more seed from other faithful believers, found out it is all in the blood. Shed blood of our creator.
Christ did it all, and all to HIM we owe!   (Humbly ACCEPT THAT!)
My THINKING changed!! 1st step. I saw the LIGHT. Truth. The good news. It set me free.
THEN, my actions changed (2nd step) through the now indwelling Spirit, power, of God Almighty.
Now I walk by faith   3rd step...

It was hard for me to understand how so many highly educated theologians cannot see/understand,
what my young grand kids understand so simply (as a little child).

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom
the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them"

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

30  WHOLE  DAYS  MAYBE  31  ----  FAITH ???  PATIENCE ???

MATTHEW 4:7  JESUS  said unto him it is written again thou shalt not tempt the  LORD  THY  GOD 

JAMES 1:12  BLESSED  IS  THE  MAN  THAT  ENDURETH  TEMPTATION  ---FOR  WHEN  HE  IS  TRIED--- HE  SHALL  RECEIVE  THE  CROWN  OF  LIFE 

1 THESSALONIANS  2:4  but as we were allowed of  GOD  to be put in trust with the gospel even so we speak ---NOT  AS  PLEASING  MEN--- BUT  GOD ---  which trieth our hearts 

PSALM 25:10  ALL  THE  PATHS  OF  THE  LORD  ARE  MERCY  AND  TRUTH  UNTO  SUCH  AS  KEEP  HIS  COVENANT  AND  HIS  TESTIMONIES 

HEBREWS 10:36  FOR  YOU  HAVE  NEED  OF  PATIENCE  THAT  AFTER  YOU  HAVE  DONE  THE  WILL  OF  GOD  YOU  MIGHT  RECEIVE  THE  PROMISE

MATTHEW 10:22  AND  YOU  SHALL  BE  HATED  OF  ALL  MEN  FOR  MY  NAMES  SAKE  BUT  HE  THAT  ENDURETH  TO  THE  END  SHALL  BE  SAVED 

*****PSALM 145:20  THE  LORD  PRESERVETH  ALL  THEM  THAT  LOVE  HIM  BUT  THE  WICKED  WILL  HE  DESTROY *****

PSALM 37:32  the wicked watcheth the righteous and seeketh to slay him 

PSALM 12:8  the wicked walk on every side when the vilest men are exalted 

PSALM 7:11  GOD  judgeth the righteous and  GOD  is angry with the wicked every day

PSALM 7:9  oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end but establish the just for the righteous  GOD  trieth the hearts and reins

1 CORINTHIANS 10:9  NEITHER  LET  US  TEMPT  CHRIST  AS  SOME  OF  THEM  ALSO  TEMPTED  AND  WERE  DESTROYED  OF  SERPENTS  

ECCLESIASTES 8:11  BECAUSE  SENTENCE  AGAINST  AN  EVIL  WORK  IS  NOT  EXECUTED  SPEEDILY  THEREFORE  THE  HEART  OF  THE  SONS  OF  MEN  IS  FULLY  SET  IN  THEM  TO  DO  EVIL

2 THESSALONIANS 1:11  WHEREFORE  ALSO  WE  PRAY  ALWAYS  FOR  YOU  THAT  OUR  GOD  WOULD  COUNT  YOU  WORTHY  OF  THIS  CALLING  AND  FULFIL  ALL  THE  GOOD  PLEASURE  OF  HIS  GOODNESS  AND --THE  WORK  OF  FAITH  WITH  POWER--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

Guest kingdombrat

In a sense OSAS is factual, but I believe there is a point if we look at our sins like God died and owes us Salvation and forgiveness then we actually don't appreciate the Gift of Grace and what Christ did for us upon the "Cross."  I believe then our sins are not forgiven because we have no remorse for committing them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does it mean that believers do not continue to sin (1 John 3:6; 5:18)?"

Answer: 
In his first epistle, the apostle John deals with the assurance of our salvation: “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13). Since he wants his readers to “know” they have eternal life, John provides a test of faith that we can use to examine whether or not we are truly saved.

In 1 John are various descriptions of the genuine believer. If a person knows Christ and is growing in grace, he or she will be generally marked by the following traits:

1. The believer enjoys fellowship with Christ and His redeemed people (1 John 1:3).
2. The believer walks in the light, not in the darkness (1 John 1:6–7).
3. The believer admits and confesses his sin (1 John 1:8).
4. The believer obeys God’s Word (1 John 2:3–5).
5. The believer loves God rather than the world (1 John 2:15).
6. The believer’s life is characterized by “doing what is right” (1 John 2:29).
7. The believer seeks to maintain a pure life (1 John 3:3).
8. The believer sees a decreasing pattern of sin in his life (1 John 3:5–6; 5:18).
9. The believer demonstrates love for other Christians (1 John 3:14).
10. The believer “walks the walk,” versus just “talking the talk” (1 John 3:18–19).
11. The believer maintains a clear conscience (1 John 3:21).
12. The believer experiences victory in his Christian walk (1 John 5:4).

Number 8 in the list above is that the believer will evince a decreasing pattern of sin in his or her life. Here is what John says:

“No one who lives in [Christ] keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him” (1 John 3:6)

and

“We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them” (1 John 5:18)

Some misinterpret these verses to mean that Christians can attain sinless perfection. After all, John says that “no one who lives in Him sins” (1 John 3:6, NASB) and that “no one who is born of God sins” (5:18, NASB). Based on those verses, they reason, sin must be a thing of the past. If you commit a sin, that’s proof that you are not saved, because Christians are sinless. But that is not what John is teaching.

We know that, when John writes that believers do not continue to sin, he is not referring to sinless perfection because of what he writes elsewhere in the same epistle. To believers John says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8). So, we are all sinners, and we continue to struggle with sin even after we are saved. We will never know a total absence of sin until we are with the Lord in glory: “When Christ appears, we shall be like him” (1 John 3:2).

If John is not referring to sinless perfection, what does he mean that believers do not continue to sin? Very simply, he means that believers will not continue practicing sin as a way of life. There will be a difference between the old life without Christ and the new life in Christ. The thief who was characterized by his theft is a thief no more; he has a different way of life. The adulterer who was characterized by his immorality is an adulterer no more; his behavior patterns have changed. The child of God who was a former thief may still struggle with covetousness, but he no longer lives according to the pattern of stealing. The child of God who was a former adulterer may still struggle with lust, but he has broken free from the old life of immorality. “All who have this hope in [Christ] purify themselves, just as he is pure” (1 John 3:3).

The Amplified Bible brings out John’s meaning clearly:

“No one who abides in Him [who remains united in fellowship with Him—deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin. No one who habitually sins has seen Him or known Him” (1 John 3:6, AMP)

and

“We know [with confidence] that anyone born of God does not habitually sin; but He (Jesus) who was born of God [carefully] keeps and protects him, and the evil one does not touch him” (1 John 5:18, AMP)

The word habitually is key. A believer will struggle with sin and sometimes give in, but giving in to sin is no longer normative. As we grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord (see 2 Peter 3:18), we are being sanctified. As we are led by the Spirit, we will walk more and more in obedience to the Word of God.

If a person claims to be a Christian but lives in defiance of God’s Word, then that person is showing the world he or she is unsaved. No one who continues to live in willful sin knows God. Because continual sin is incompatible with new life in Christ, living in unrepentant homosexuality, idolatry, or falsehood is proof that no regenerative work of the Spirit has yet taken place in the heart, regardless of anyone’s claims to the contrary.

John gives us the reason why believers do not continue to sin: “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God” (1 John 3:9). A genuine Christian will not “deliberately, knowingly, and habitually” sin. It’s just not in their “spiritual DNA.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/continue-to-sin.html

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

CHRIST DIED TO TAKE AWAY OUR SIN AND HIM HIM IS NO SIN

Acts 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;{if your sins are blotted out that means their gone}

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.{to receive forgiveness from sin you must turn from it} 

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.{confession of sins brings cleansing YOUR CLEAN AND YOUR SINS LAID ON CHRIST AT THE CROSS BY FAITH}

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Luke 13:3 - I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.{IF YOUR IN SIN WHEN CHRIST RETURNS YOU WILL NOT BE TAKEN IN THE RAPTURE/ FIRST RESURRECTION}

Acts 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:{CONFESS AND FORSAKE YOUR SIN}

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Ezekiel 18:21-23 - But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.   (Read More...)

Revelation 2:5 - Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Proverbs 28:13 - He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.

Matthew 4:17 - From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Edited by vic66
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

11 And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus commanded us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17). Is there some reason we SHOULDN'T repent of our sin?

Is there some reason to remove our hand  if we stick in a fire? Same thing.....

Every sin you commit will come back to haunt you.....you simply can not do wrong and “Get away with It”

Sinning  is foolishness.....you hurt yourself , more than likely you hurt somebody else and you displease your Heavenly Father......one can derive a lot of pleasure from sin —— “ For a Season” .....it’s going to ruin you in the end.....it can and will shipwreck your life.

The only way Repentance can be bad is to think that REPENTING OF SINS is God’s Way to get Saved......Salvation is not a “ Trade” ......saying, “ I’ll give up all of my Sinning in turn for your Salvation”   

Salvation is a “ GIFT” , GIVEN to those that don’t WORK for it.....We don’t “ Turn “ FROM” Sin” to get Saved .....we Turn “ TO” God with a Contrite Heart

When Jesus or anybody else says “ Repent” — Do It!  If Jesus or anybody else says “ Repent from your Sins”— Do It!

If Jesus says, “ Repent from your sins to be Saved”—- Do That also! 

The Vital thing is this—-   Jesus NEVER said “Stopping your Sinning is the Way to be Saved”. If you can find Anywhere in the KJV where He says that I will give you $1000...... it ain’t in there....

Here is what Jesus “ DID” say about the Way to get Saved.....He-used Paul to say it in 1cor15:1-4  AFTER THE CROSS ..... Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave. Simple as that.Make sure you don’t ADD to that with ANYTHING or  you will “ Fall from Grace”.......TEACH Additions to that Gospel and you will be “ Accursed”..... that’s a polite way to say “ damned” .....one does not Trifle with God’s Gospel That Saves....

Some confused, poorly taught people agree with the Gospel.... BUT then they say you will be Saved by that Gospel only if  you understand that in Addition to simply Believing it,  you ALSO have to “ repent of all of your sins “ before you die. That is a FALSE gospel, a PERVERTED Gospel .The Repentance That Saves you is going from being an UNBELIEVER in the Gospel to becoming a BELIEVER in the Gospel..... That “ change of mind” ( metanoia) is what leads to Salvation.....once that is out of the way....then we can attend to the other things like Sanctification , etc....Don’t put the Cart before the horse...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1