IGNORED

Repenting From Sins Will Not Save Anybody—Unless It Is a TRICK !

Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AND  GODS  TRUTH  IS 

JOHN 8:47  HE  THAT  IS  OF  GOD  HEARETH  GODS  WORDS  YOU  THEREFORE  HEAR  THEM  NOT  BECAUSE  YOU  ARE  NOT  OF  GOD

LUKE 13:3  I  TELL  YOU  NO  BUT  --EXCEPT  YOU  REPENT--  YOU  SHALL  ALL  LIKEWISE  PERISH 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, steve morrow said:

AND  GODS  TRUTH  IS 

JOHN 8:47  HE  THAT  IS  OF  GOD  HEARETH  GODS  WORDS  YOU  THEREFORE  HEAR  THEM  NOT  BECAUSE  YOU  ARE  NOT  OF  GOD

LUKE 13:3  I  TELL  YOU  NO  BUT  --EXCEPT  YOU  REPENT--  YOU  SHALL  ALL  LIKEWISE  PERISH 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

Only Faith in Jesus will Save.....to “repent” means to “ change  your mind “ about HIM —— who HE was and what HE did FOR us......which was to shed His Blood for our Sins....THAT is aRepentance that  will Save......

Again.....notice Jesus did NOT say “ Repent from SINS” to get Saved..... 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Is there some reason to remove our hand  if we stick in a fire? Same thing.....

Every sin you commit will come back to haunt you.....you simply can not do wrong and “Get away with It”

Sinning  is foolishness.....you hurt yourself , more than likely you hurt somebody else and you displease your Heavenly Father......one can derive a lot of pleasure from sin —— “ For a Season” .....it’s going to ruin you in the end.....it can and will shipwreck your life.

The only way Repentance can be bad is to think that REPENTING OF SINS is God’s Way to get Saved......Salvation is not a “ Trade” ......saying, “ I’ll give up all of my Sinning in turn for your Salvation”   

Salvation is a “ GIFT” , GIVEN to those that don’t WORK for it.....We don’t “ Turn “ FROM” Sin” to get Saved .....we Turn “ TO” God with a Contrite Heart

When Jesus or anybody else says “ Repent” — Do It!  If Jesus or anybody else says “ Repent from your Sins”— Do It!

If Jesus says, “ Repent from your sins to be Saved”—- Do That also! 

The Vital thing is this—-   Jesus NEVER said “Stopping your Sinning is the Way to be Saved”. If you can find Anywhere in the KJV where He says that I will give you $1000...... it ain’t in there....

Here is what Jesus “ DID” say about the Way to get Saved.....He-used Paul to say it in 1cor15:1-4  AFTER THE CROSS ..... Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave. Simple as that.Make sure you don’t ADD to that with ANYTHING or  you will “ Fall from Grace”.......TEACH Additions to that Gospel and you will be “ Accursed”..... that’s a polite way to say “ damned” .....one does not Trifle with God’s Gospel That Saves....

Some confused, poorly taught people agree with the Gospel.... BUT then they say you will be Saved by that Gospel only if  you understand that in Addition to simply Believing it,  you ALSO have to “ repent of all of your sins “ before you die. That is a FALSE gospel, a PERVERTED Gospel .The Repentance That Saves you is going from being an UNBELIEVER in the Gospel to becoming a BELIEVER in the Gospel..... That “ change of mind” ( metanoia) is what leads to Salvation.....once that is out of the way....then we can attend to the other things like Sanctification , etc....Don’t put the Cart before the horse...

Have you ever wondered why the Lord commanded us to repent?

Guest kingdombrat
9 minutes ago, Logostician said:

Outstanding statement of what repentance really is.  Repentance is a heart, soul, and mind change from self to Jesus.  It's not about what we do.  It's about what he did...The finished work of the cross, what he will always do.  The Law wasn't just given to convict us of sin and leave us in a hopeless state.  The bigger purpose of the Law was to show us that none of us can do it by ourselves.  We all sin and fall short of the glory of God.  And the wages of sin are death.  We need help.  We need Jesus.  He is the way.  There is no other way.  When we realize that, and give ourselves over to Jesus, his Spirit will help us to be better people.  We will sin less.  We will strive to perfect, but never acheive it in this world.  But when we stumble into sin, he is faithful to forgive us.  The relationship between us and Jesus stands, and will stand forever.  

Without Jesus and his indwelling Spirit, it is utterly futile to be pleasing to God.  No works of our own in trying to avoid sin, or trying to do the "right" things on our own will cause us to be justified by God.  To be justified by God, we need to be one with God, and do it his way.  And Jesus is that way.  With salvation, and the Spirit of God, which is given at that time, we become sons of God.

Nobody earns salvation.  It is a gift from God to anyone with eyes to see him, and a heart to give him.

I love what you've stated here!

There is an obvious theme of conviction and being convicted.   Therefore, isn't it logical to think our convictions in God will make us desire to [repent] when we unfortunately continue to sin?   And if we move past to where our consciousness has become seared and we no longer feel the need to [repent] that chances be we are "no longer" saved?

Edited by kingdombrat

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A lot of confused, poorly taught people believe sincerely that unless they “ Stop Sinning” , they can’t be Saved. This is what they take the word “ Repentance” to mean ......one has to Repent Of all of  their Sins in order to be declared “ Fit For Heaven”

The True Repentance That Saves is the “ TURNING to God , with Faith in Jesus Christ.”   Acts 20:22......  “ I told Jews and Gentiles  to TURN ( Repent) to God and have Faith in our Lord Jesus) It is literally a “ change of mind”  ( from the Greek Metanoia) .....you Change you Mind From thinking that you are “ good enough” to go to Heaven and thinking you can make it  on your own somehow , to finally discovering that you CANT  be good enough and you need HELP! BIG TIME ! You need a Savior! Then and ONLY  then will you have the required Contrite Heart that God is looking for .....the Contrite Heart that cries out..... “ Lord have Mercy on me , a Sinner.....” Onecwill never cry out for the Savior until you see the NEED for that Savior.....

So now let me make my point:  If one thinks that Repentance means “ Conquering or Stopping Sin”to Merit Heaven.....let’s go through that process .... I am qualified to teach it .....I tried it .....( spoiler alert— it did  not work ) 

OK ....Lets pretend that I just got told by my Dr that I got  one month to live  ....it’s time to get serious with God ....I gotta quit all of my Sinning .....I have now officially declared “ I Repent! I will sin no more! Starting NOW!   So......I start reading the Bible to find out all of the rules that I must keep and I give it my best shot ......I can sin no more between now and a month from now when I kick the bucket.I check  out those Ten Commandments and for weeks I go without Murdering or Committing Adultery .....I grit my teeth , summon up all of my will-Power andxfind myself doing a pretty good job! 

But then I made a big accidental mistake.....I got to The New Testament and stumbled across the Sermon on the Mount. Uh-oh. There  I discovered refraining from murder and refraining from Adultery was not going to “ cut the mustard” . To continue my life of  Repentance which meant to me in my mind I still had to “ not sin anymore” —— it finally hit me ! I could refrain from Adultery sure enough , but Jesus said that to just have a lustful thought was equal to committing Adultery. Well , a man’s gotta do what he has to do—— no more Lustful Thoughts for me ! 

Well, that worked for about 15 minutes.....in fact the more that I tried NOT to harbor bad thoughts, the more bad thoughts I entertained ......it finally hit me ......despite my good intentions , my attempts to “ quit Sinning” was a Sham. I could not do it ! The harder I “tried” to quit the harder it “ became” to quit . I was reminded of Paul’s struggle in Romans 7......I sincerely “ wanted” to be “ good” , but it just wasn’t in me..... “ Sin” always found a way to overcome the Best of my intentions....I had to “ come to an end of myself” ..... I could not stop Sinning .....what I “ could” do was to swallow my Pride, admit I was a hopeless, helpless Sinner who HAD to have a Savior or I was headed for Hell like a speeding Bullet! Now I understood how that Sinful Publican ( Tax Collector) felt....I had at last been humbled — All that was left for me to do was TURN TO GOD ( the REAL Repentance that God means for Salvation) and cry out , “ Lord Jesus, have Mercy on me, a Sinner.”  Just like the Publican , I was  Saved at that moment.....I went home JUSTIFIED —- just like he did.......simply because I “ Repented” ....I Repented God's Way....I finally Turned to Him ......God fulfilled His Promise —- “ Turn to me and I will Turn to You.”

So here is where the mistaken idea of “stopping Sinning” to Merit Heaven   ( the erroneous view of repentance)   can  inadvertently lead to one’ s Salvation...If trying to conquer Sin leads you to see that you cant do it and the Holy Spirit That  gave you the Self-Insight to see even “That” —— if that Spirit draws you with the CONVICTIOn Of SIN and the Awareness that you NEED  a Savior you got Tricked .....the Route  that you originally thought would Save you ( mastering Sin) turned out to be Lie.....but it lead you to your Salvation in spite of yourself and your self-Righteousness...... I you went on  to put your Faith in Jesus to do FOR you what you discovered you could NOT do by yourself....you, my friend  got “ Born Again” ....you got Saved.....Congrats!

I cannot agree with a lot of the things you talked about. That does not mean I agree with the brother who judge faith in Jesus Christ by posting:

"Matthew 4:17

- From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". 

Looking up Mathew 4:17 I found that for a fact that Mathew 4:17 it says just that.

Looking further into the context of Mathew 4: this took place after the baptism of Jesus  by John and the baptism of Jesus by the Holy Spirit of the Heavenly Father.  Which took Jesus in the dessert to minirested to him and be tested at the end by the Devil. 

In Mathew 4: Jesus was in the city of Capernaum in Galilee healing the sick from everywhere who had come to him. 

This all happened three years before the Cross. 

Jesus after the Cross said to his disciples to preach repentance and forgiveness of sins in his name.

In Mathew 4: Jesus said repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. 

Jesus was asking people Israelites to repent within the old Covenant, and not in his name.  

That time Jesus called the people under the Covenant of Sinai to repentance according to the doings of the Law. 

Jesus only preached this message to the people who were under the Law of Moses.  

Since the Cross Jesus is asking all  the people of the world who believe in him to repent in his name when they commit sins. 

Jesus is asking those who are his own to repent in his name, it must be those who believe in him. 

Cannot be anything else...

It cannot be that Jesus is asking unbelievers to have forgiveness of sins in him. 

The question at hand is: what happens to people who believe in Jesus Christ and die with in unforgiven sins? 

Just like when someone dies instantly in an accident. 

That means he died in not in perfect self righteousness. 

Having unfotgiven sins makes a person not to  be his own righteousnes. 

We are talking about believers in Jesus Christ. 

The Christian faith is that at the time of death our sins are not counted against us. 

At death our good works follow us, together with our own degree of self righteousness.

And the righteousness of Jesus Christ which was given to us when we believe is infront of us. 

A believer is always in this standing, the righteousness of Jesus Christ is infront of him and his own righteousness and his works are following him. 

The most important thing it is that the Devil knows that Jesus Christ knows who believe in him, and he is not going to argue with Jesus over anyone who believes in him.  

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Being a Christian doesn't mean we will no longer sin.  It means that after sinning we will be so miserable that eventually we will no longer want to sin so we will avoid it.  That also means avoiding situations that will cause us to be tempted.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Logostician said:

Outstanding statement of what repentance really is.  Repentance is a heart, soul, and mind change from self to Jesus.  It's not about what we do.  It's about what he did...The finished work of the cross, what he will always do.  The Law wasn't just given to convict us of sin and leave us in a hopeless state.  The bigger purpose of the Law was to show us that none of us can do it by ourselves.  We all sin and fall short of the glory of God.  And the wages of sin are death.  We need help.  We need Jesus.  He is the way.  There is no other way.  When we realize that, and give ourselves over to Jesus, his Spirit will help us to be better people.  We will sin less.  We will strive to perfect, but never acheive it in this world.  But when we stumble into sin, he is faithful to forgive us.  The relationship between us and Jesus stands, and will stand forever.  

Without Jesus and his indwelling Spirit, it is utterly futile to be pleasing to God.  No works of our own in trying to avoid sin, or trying to do the "right" things on our own will cause us to be justified by God.  To be justified by God, we need to be one with God, and do it his way.  And Jesus is that way.  With salvation, and the Spirit of God, which is given at that time, we become sons of God.

Nobody earns salvation.  It is a gift from God to anyone with eyes to see him, and a heart to give him.

Sir...... I have regained the WILL to live! Lol......Somebody else “ gets” it.....you have restored my faith in mankind... Great Post! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Willa said:

Being a Christian doesn't mean we will no longer sin.  It means that after sinning we will be so miserable that eventually we will no longer want to sin so we will avoid it.  That also means avoiding situations that will cause us to be tempted.

There is something in your post in the first paragraph, this is the reference to "being a Christian", and why, it is because is referring to Coulture denominational believers, thus is not including all the believers in Jesus Christ who are born from above because of their faith in Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

4 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There is something in your post in the first paragraph, this is the reference to "being a Christian", and why, it is because is referring to Coulture denominational believers, thus is not including all the believers in Jesus Christ who are born from above because of their faith in Jesus Christ. 

Friend, Christian meant little Christs in Antioch where believers were first called Christians.  We can't be little Christs with out the Holy Spirit living in us.  I don't agree that it means a denominational believer alone but means all in whom Christ dwells, the invisible church.  At least that was my intent.  You should know me by now, my friend.:)

• Thumbs Up 3