Hopefully

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

Some people are awful yet they are positions of power over other peoples lives. Two examples are head of household and management. In these relationships the abused often must deal with it just to be able to survive. People are praying to be released from these abusive relationships while practicing patience and long suffering.

My question is what about when the abusive person falls on hard times and needs prayer. Will God answer the prayer of one who has many praying against them? By against I mean to be freed from the relationship wether personal or business.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I'd look at it this way. God sees the big picture. He knows whether one outcome or another would be best, and whether or not people are praying amiss. I feel like praying "against" someone can fall into the praying amiss category. As someone who's been in abusive situations I completely understand the need for deliverance, but we do need to pray for our enemies and those that do evil to us. At the end of the day God will act according to what works out best, regardless of numbers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Some people are awful yet they are positions of power over other peoples lives. Two examples are head of household and management. In these relationships the abused often must deal with it just to be able to survive. People are praying to be released from these abusive relationships while practicing patience and long suffering.

My question is what about when the abusive person falls on hard times and needs prayer. Will God answer the prayer of one who has many praying against them? By against I mean to be freed from the relationship wether personal or business.

God will answer the prayer of all Christians. God's will be done. The person who is abusive will be judged when they die. They will not get away with their abusive behavior. It may not happen on this earth but eventually they will be judged for their behavior. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, Hopefully said:

The Lord is all-knowing and is in control of everything, motivated only by love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." I like what one said  about Mercy “love that responds to human need in an unexpected or unmerited way.” At its core, mercy is forgiveness. The Bible speaks of God's love for sinners – that is, for all of us.

Unless the sinner is repenting calling out to God He does not hear the unrighteous.  This is the age of grace

“Grace is free sovereign favor to the ill-deserving.”(B.B. Warfield)

“Grace is love that cares and stoops and rescues.”(John Stott)

“[Grace] is God reaching downward to people who are in rebellion against Him.”(Jerry Bridges)

“Grace is unconditional love toward a person who does not deserve it.” (Paul Zahl)

:) do we see?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

20 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Some people are awful yet they are positions of power over other peoples lives.

Very true, two questions.

How often does your church talk about the sacrifical role of the husband in a marriage. Our example in how we are to love our wife is Jesus in his giving up heaven and going to the cross.

How does your minister apply this to marriage and to all in positions of authority in the church.

2nd.

How would your church deal with the accusation of abuse by a church offical.

The classic two are a minister demanding obedience when making questionable decisions or of the youth leader having sex with under aged girls and the church covering it up.

Go ahead and ask your minister how these would be dealt with?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

God does honor prayer if it is prayed "against" another

your prayer should be for their redemption and should they fall into bad times, repent and seek God, is this not a good thing, for both of you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

King Manasseh is probably the most evil king in the entire history of Judah or Israel.  He practices any and all forms of idolatry, and leads the people into the same sins.  He desecrates the temple.  He sacrifices his own children.  God is prepared to destroy Judah at the hands of the Assyrians who have already destroyed the northern kingdom of Israel.  But when Manasseh humbles himself before the Lord, his prayer is answered, and God delivers Judah from destruction. If God would hear and answer this prayer, there is no prayer that can't be answered.  Humbling, meaning repentance is the key.

A similiar situation occurs in Ninevah, which is interestingly that capital of Assyria which laters destroys the Northern kingdom of Israel, and even later becomes the threat to Judah that Manasseh prays to God for deliverance from.  God tells Jonah to tell Ninevah that they will be destroyed for their abundance of sin.  But when the Ninevites repent and pray to God, God spares them.

All prayers to God come from sinners, because we are all sinners.  God looks for the humble, contrite, and repentant heart of the one who is praying.  He would rather give life than take it.  He would rather save than condemn.  Let Jesus be the judge of good and evil, and rejoice in his mercy.

2 Chr 33:1-10

Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-five years. He did evil in the eyes of the Lord,(D) following the detestable(E) practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before the Israelites. He rebuilt the high places his father Hezekiah had demolished; he also erected altars to the Baals and made Asherah poles.(F) He bowed down(G) to all the starry hosts and worshiped them. He built altars in the temple of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, “My Name(H) will remain in Jerusalem forever.” In both courts of the temple of the Lord,(I) he built altars to all the starry hosts. He sacrificed his children(J) in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced divination and witchcraft, sought omens, and consulted mediums(K) and spiritists.(L) He did much evil in the eyes of the Lord, arousing his anger.

He took the image he had made and put it in God’s temple,(M) of which God had said to David and to his son Solomon, “In this temple and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put my Name forever. I will not again make the feet of the Israelites leave the land(N) I assigned to your ancestors, if only they will be careful to do everything I commanded them concerning all the laws, decrees and regulations given through Moses.” But Manasseh led Judah and the people of Jerusalem astray, so that they did more evil than the nations the Lord had destroyed before the Israelites.

10 The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention.  So the Lord brought against them the army commanders of the king of Assyria, who took Manasseh prisoner, put a hook in his nose, bound him with bronze shackles and took him to Babylon.  In his distress he sought the favor of the Lord his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his ancestors.  And when he prayed to him, the Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord is God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 1/12/2021 at 7:20 PM, missmuffet said:

God will answer the prayer of all Christians. God's will be done. The person who is abusive will be judged when they die. They will not get away with their abusive behavior. It may not happen on this earth but eventually they will be judged for their behavior. 

Unless this abusive person repents and turns to Christ. This person will be saved and forgiven as well.
Pray for your enemies, for them to repent and turn to Christ. Love your enemies.

I was an enemy of God. And thank God for saving me! And blessed are the ones who were praying for me.

1 Corinthians 7:20-24 
20 Each person is to remain in that state in which he was called. 21 Were you called as a slave? Do not let it concern you. But if you are also able to become free, take advantage of that. 22 For the one who was called in the Lord as a slave, is the Lord’s freed person; likewise the one who was called as free, is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought for a price; do not become slaves of people. 24 Brothers and sisters, each one is to remain with God in that condition in which he was called.

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I’ve often wondered when in an abusive relationships, what’s the greater sin? Is a divorcing the abuser? Or is it the abuser’s actions?

Is it a Christians duty to endure the evil of abuse for years? Or is it forgivable to divorce an evil person and move on?

• Thumbs Up 1