IGNORED

CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION IF YOU DON’T ‘Hold Firmly’?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

Christ moves us toward excellence, not complacency which is the custom of this flesh. I cannot conceive it being any other way for when the Lord revealed Himself, I could not help but love Him. When the Lord speaks, I listen; whatsoever His Spirit commands, I do; wherever He tells me to go, that's where I go. The Lord makes the way straight so there's no room for doubt nor second-guessing. 

There was a time when my experience in life was the opposite: from the day I was baptized in water until I found myself close to death, I stumbled in darkness. I couldn't hear His voice and was terrified that Christ hated me because I had failed Him, believing I was cursed on account of my error and folly. No sooner than I would find a place to live, and work to occupy myself with, when everything came crashing down around my head and I was cast out to start all over again... and again.  

Ah, but I was blinded to the truth: from the beginning I was in the Lord's hand and so it was His will that these things happened to me. It went against the wisdom and understanding of this flesh which is at enmity with God and until I found myself staring at the grave, I was ignorant of His work in me during that time. I would come to understand that I am clay in the Potter's hand and this work was finished when the Lord was pleased to reveal Himself to me. 

Christ never lost me at any time. In the words of the Lord Himself, 

"Everything that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I certainly will not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of everything that He has given Me I will lose nothing, but will raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.” (John 6:37-40 NASB)

"My sheep listen to My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (John 10:27-30 NASB) 

Don't faint on account of the fiery trial, friends. I am not alone, not by any means. There are many who are in the hand of the Lord with me and He will not lose a single one of us. Not one. :)   

Edited by Marathoner
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Josheb said:

@Open7 and @Jaydub, when ALL of scripture is surveyed and understood cohesively we understand that we measure our salvation by God and His attributes, not those of the sinner and we do not subordinate the former to the latter to question the former. You can be assured that if you are actually saved then you will be saved and your "holding firm" is a means of measuring the fruitfulness of that salvation, not its existence. Scripture provides completely different metrics for that. Existence is not quality, nor vice versa, and the two should not be conflated (even though many mistaken or misguided teachers do so).

So basically we agree, you said holding firm and I said keeping him first

7 hours ago, Jaydub said:

Maybe the question is not can we loose our salvation, but how do we know we are ready? I think the answer to that is,  if we keep him first in our life, we can be secure

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  451
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

Yes be careful don¿'t lose your salvation because you only live once make the most important decision. Love G-d and your neighbor.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

2119727227_CB2.PNG.90221393d62d5812dfec7bd66d9f38b0.PNG

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

And I said Him holding firm and Him keeping Him first and thereby irrevocably keeping us. 

God paid a price for us (His Son's shed blood) and that price will not be rendered worthless. 

maybe I understand, you think we have no choice, God chose us, so we cant loose our salvation is that it?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

Whether i choose or im chosen, i belong to the Lord. Do we know the Lord?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

And I said Him holding firm and Him keeping Him first and thereby irrevocably keeping us. 

God paid a price for us (His Son's shed blood) and that price will not be rendered worthless. 

This is very important, my friends. When I write that we're in God's hand the above is precisely what I mean. 

When I share the testimony of those things I have heard and seen, these do not apply to me alone but to us all. The scriptures bear witness of these things and this is His will, that those who are afflicted and suffer from doubt might be lifted up in the midst of the trial. This is my calling in the Lord; as I have written elsewhere I'm not a teacher who expounds upon the scriptures (like our brother) nor am I a preacher like my old friend. I'm just a servant of the brethren and my neighbor. 

I'm that guy who spent years in the desert, both literal and figurative. I have doubted, I've been terrified, half dead, and I worried that the Lord despised me all the while His patience and longsuffering worked so I might bear fruit pleasing to God. Yes, He held me firmly in His hand and He ensured that His work would continue to the glory of our Father in heaven. 

In spite of my best efforts to blow it all.  

I wonder if others understand that every word from the mouth of the Lord is fulfilled? Nothing returns to God void, friends. Search the scriptures to discover the truth of what I learned during those long years I suffered in the desert. The Lord says it, therefore it comes to pass. :) 

Edited by Marathoner

Hebrews 6:1  Wherefore leaving the word of the beginning of the Christ, let us be borne on unto the perfection; not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,- 
6:2  the teaching of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 
6:3  And this will we do, if only God permit. 
6:4  For as to those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and became partakers of the Holy Spirit, 
6:5  and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, 
6:6  and fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; they crucifying again to themselves and openly shaming the Son of God.

Hebrews 10:26  For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no more sacrifice remaineth for sins, 
10:27  but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries. 
10:28  One that hath set at nought Moses’ law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: 
10:29  of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified common, and hath insulted the Spirit of grace
10:30  For we know him that said, Vengeance is mine, I will recompense. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 
 10:31  Fearful ‘tis to fall into the living God’s hands. 

Guest clancy
3 hours ago, Waggles said:

Hebrews 6:1  Wherefore leaving the word of the beginning of the Christ, let us be borne on unto the perfection; not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,- 
6:2  the teaching of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 
6:3  And this will we do, if only God permit. 
6:4  For as to those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and became partakers of the Holy Spirit, 
6:5  and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, 
6:6  and fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; they crucifying again to themselves and openly shaming the Son of God.

John 10:25

The unbelief of the Jews.

Jesus answered ,I did tell you, but you do not believe.

The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.

My sheep listen to my voice,I know them, and they follow me.

I give them eternal life, and they shall “ NEVER PERISH”, no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

I and the Father are one..

The Caps are trying to get the message across, nothing to do with OSAS...what I have posted is the word of God.

We can never be snatched away or lose salvation.

My strength also comes from the indwelling of the Holy Spirit......” Nothing” comes from me.....I have no strength in myself......Focus on Jesus and only Jesus!!

Im not quoting Hebrews 6.1

Im quoting John 10:26.

Jesus can’t lose one, we have eternal Salvation...which means exactly that.

“ Eternal “......

Edited by clancy