• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In the following 1 Corinthians 12:10

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another MIRACULOUS POWERS, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

mentions Spirits gift of miraculous powers among others. Now I am not saying that I don’t know anything about it but I was wandering are there any stories recent or from the past that mention some examples of any people who have had or have these miraculous powers and how they worked?

Thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

In my Pentecostal Spirit-filled church where all are baptised in the Holy Spirit and therefore we all can pray in tongues (praying in the Spirit) we all have testimonies to many miracles, healings and much answered prayer. 

9  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 
10  to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.   1Corinthians 12:

At every worship meeting twice a week one or two persons will get up and go out front to share their testimony as to how they came to be born new again and of miracles and blessings that they have received. 

Praying for those with needs and/or laying hands on people with needs is common practice and done in faith that the promises of God are yea and amen ... such as, "these signs shall follow them that believe ... they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." 

Some miraculous healings are pretty well instant and some healings are incremental and happen over time [but in these situations I believe that Jesus is also healing a persons faith and their walk]. 

I will share with you and others on Worthy Forums my testimony as to being born new again and experiencing the miraculous power of God through his Holy Spirit.

while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.  Hebrews 4:4

One day in October 1996 I walked out of a local shopping centre and came across a group of Pentecostal saints witnessing to the many wonderful works of the gospel of salvation. I stopped and read a small printed testimony from a woman who had been a heroin addict with hepatitis C. She stated that she had been baptised by full immersion and then baptised in the Holy Spirit and spoke in a new tongue, and afterwards she was miraculously healed from her addiction and from her hepatitis.

I was mightily impressed, but unsure as to how true these claims were being a Roman Catholic, and being also ignorant of the power of God (and the scriptures) on being "born again." A man named, Bob, came over and witnessed to me, and he also had an amazing testimony about his transformation from being a bogun and a car thief to living righteously by the indwelling Holy Spirit. 

I asked him, "Is this all true, what you have told me?" And he simply opened up his battered KJV Bible and read out many scriptures pertaining to the Holy Spirit. The verses affected me much and I was troubled that being a Roman Catholic was not the correct way.

I started praying to Jesus about this funny church I had came across, and prayed that if this gospel about being born again and speaking in tongues was approved by Him then make it happen and lead me to the true gospel.

Jesus answered my prayers and I ended up in a hall in a working class suburb and that Sunday I heard for the first time the operation of the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit - speaking in tongues followed by interpretation for each, and three gifts of prophecy.

I listened intently hoping to fault what was said, but I could not; for the wisdom spoken was true and like a two edged sword pierced my soul that day. Later, on a Wednesday night meeting I was baptised by full immersion confessing my faith in Jesus as my God and my saviour. But my life did not change and I continued using drugs and being worldly in many sinful ways.

Then on Sunday 1st December 1996 I was baptised in the Holy Spirit (I received the indwelling Holy Spirit) that afternoon and spoke loudly out in an knew unknown tongue and experienced a wonderful revelation that Jesus is alive and that God had come to reside in me - and that all of scripture is true. 

That very afternoon I experienced my first miracles - praying in a God given spiritual language; then instantly healed and set free from tobacco and marijuana addictions, along with being healed from injecting various drugs (such as amphetamines, 'speed') . Jesus also healed me from alcohol, and healed my kidneys (they were passing a lot of blood in my urine).

So here we are in 2021 and I still experience healings and miracles (for myself and others), and the power of the Holy Spirit working within me to strengthen the inner man and to enable me to overcome the flesh and my wrong doings.

For walking in the Spirit is always a work in progress. And we do walk by faith and not by sight thus we pray in the Spirit every day diligently.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Oh these things are so awesome so wonderful huh! Its hard in the USA to see these things. Well its no different then when Christ enter this town and all He could do was lay hands on a few and teach because of doubt. So in many 3rd world nations you will see God doing all kind of wonders. When Christ was here one man was doing the same things and the 12 wanted to stop him lol. Christ said if he is for me he is not against me. 

See what did that man do? All that man did was HEAR what Christ said and just believed. In my name.. who so ever. Peter and John and the rest you think they have something we don't? Peter and John said why look at us as if we did this under our own power. ITS FAITH IN THAT NAME! Wanna see YOUR Father by the sweet sweet holy Spirit work as He wills? Just believe. Not what you see hear of feel.. 

The 1st one I ever saw was me and a friend in the back of the Church the woman was up front crying shouting. I asked him who is she? He said "see all these people? About 1/2 have with her for she was blind". WAS! Oh praise GOD glory to JESUS! He gave us ALL power ALL authority over the enemy. Seek HIM first never the gifts. Those WILL always follow them that believe. 

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have a story of Holy spirit work thru me around 15  years ago in finding my friend's car that has been stolen from his apartment in Maroubra, a suburb near Sydney ,New South Wales.

He was worried because the car was not insured and he will lose a lot of money.

He reported the case to the police.

In the morning I drove in a street that I don't usually pass and miracolously I find my friend's car that was stolen.

I believe that God has use me to make my friend which was not a Christian to believe that God is real and able to do miracle.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

Read my op: 'A Miracle'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I have debated with Jewish rabbis over the words and testimony of Christ. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.55
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/28/2021 at 10:47 PM, Waggles said:

I will share with you and others on Worthy Forums my testimony as to being born new again and experiencing the miraculous power of God through his Holy Spirit.

while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.  Hebrews 4:4

One day in October 1996 I walked out of a local shopping centre and came across a group of Pentecostal saints witnessing to the many wonderful works of the gospel of salvation. I stopped and read a small printed testimony from a woman who had been a heroin addict with hepatitis C. She stated that she had been baptised by full immersion and then baptised in the Holy Spirit and spoke in a new tongue, and afterwards she was miraculously healed from her addiction and from her hepatitis.

I was mightily impressed, but unsure as to how true these claims were being a Roman Catholic, and being also ignorant of the power of God (and the scriptures) on being "born again." A man named, Bob, came over and witnessed to me, and he also had an amazing testimony about his transformation from being a bogun and a car thief to living righteously by the indwelling Holy Spirit. 

I asked him, "Is this all true, what you have told me?" And he simply opened up his battered KJV Bible and read out many scriptures pertaining to the Holy Spirit. The verses affected me much and I was troubled that being a Roman Catholic was not the correct way.

I started praying to Jesus about this funny church I had came across, and prayed that if this gospel about being born again and speaking in tongues was approved by Him then make it happen and lead me to the true gospel.

Jesus answered my prayers and I ended up in a hall in a working class suburb and that Sunday I heard for the first time the operation of the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit - speaking in tongues followed by interpretation for each, and three gifts of prophecy.

I listened intently hoping to fault what was said, but I could not; for the wisdom spoken was true and like a two edged sword pierced my soul that day. Later, on a Wednesday night meeting I was baptised by full immersion confessing my faith in Jesus as my God and my saviour. But my life did not change and I continued using drugs and being worldly in many sinful ways.

Then on Sunday 1st December 1996 I was baptised in the Holy Spirit (I received the indwelling Holy Spirit) that afternoon and spoke loudly out in an knew unknown tongue and experienced a wonderful revelation that Jesus is alive and that God had come to reside in me - and that all of scripture is true. 

That very afternoon I experienced my first miracles - praying in a God given spiritual language; then instantly healed and set free from tobacco and marijuana addictions, along with being healed from injecting various drugs (such as amphetamines, 'speed') . Jesus also healed me from alcohol, and healed my kidneys (they were passing a lot of blood in my urine).

So here we are in 2021 and I still experience healings and miracles (for myself and others), and the power of the Holy Spirit working within me to strengthen the inner man and to enable me to overcome the flesh and my wrong doings.

For walking in the Spirit is always a work in progress. And we do walk by faith and not by sight thus we pray in the Spirit every day diligently.

Glory HALLELUYAH! 🎶 🎹 ⬆️ 🎼 🎻 🆙 😊 

I'm so grateful to Abba Father for this wonderful praise report which I've just read! 

Thank you for the share, and may the Lord bless you and keep you in Himself to the end! 

IMG-20210210-WA0000.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

On 1/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, Waggles said:

In my Pentecostal Spirit-filled church where all are baptised in the Holy Spirit and therefore we all can pray in tongues (praying in the Spirit) we all have testimonies to many miracles, healings and much answered prayer. 

9  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 
10  to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.   1Corinthians 12:

At every worship meeting twice a week one or two persons will get up and go out front to share their testimony as to how they came to be born new again and of miracles and blessings that they have received. 

Praying for those with needs and/or laying hands on people with needs is common practice and done in faith that the promises of God are yea and amen ... such as, "these signs shall follow them that believe ... they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." 

Some miraculous healings are pretty well instant and some healings are incremental and happen over time [but in these situations I believe that Jesus is also healing a persons faith and their walk]. 

A few recent ones -

This weekend we came across a group of teenagers and asked if anyone had pain in their body, one kid had dislocated his thumb and was in constant pain. We prayed and the swelling instantly disappeared and his thumb was healed and we got to share the Gospel with him and he gave his life to Jesus.

A lady came in our church and had a broken ankle from a fall earlier that week. We prayed and instantly the swelling went down and soon she took the boot off and started walking on it without the boot. About two weeks ago she returned to church and gave us the boot because the doctors said she was completely healed.

Another guy in our church had diabetes, I prayed over him at a birthday party and it's been 6 months with no signs of diabetes and no insulin shots.

In Pakistan, back in November we prayed over 12 people who had intense high fevers and instantly the fevers left. We also saw many demons cast out as people came to Jesus.

In Tanzania, my wife prayed for four days over a mute girl and on the fourth day she started speaking and had her voice back. She started shouting praise to the Lord.

In Brazil, our translator had metal in his leg from a motor cycle accident. He could feel the screws on the side of his leg. After we prayed, he couldn't find the screws so he tried running and ran through a mall. When he came back he started crying, overwhelmed by the love of God and started to open air preach what happened to him opening the door to share Jesus with the crowd.

These kind of miracles have become normal occurrences over the last 12 years.

Edited by Joshua-777

22 hours ago, Joshua-777 said:

These kind of miracles have become normal occurrences over the last 12 years.

Yes it is wonderful and uplifting to experience the power of God working through His church - the body of Christ.

W also have thousands of testimonies to healings and miracles.

It is what the gospel is all about.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1