Is it ok to watch secular TV and music?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

I was delivered from a life of bi-sexuality, thoughts and deeds.

Glory to God

Jude 1

24Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,

25 To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 2/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, Beppybuva said:

Hello,

For example, I enjoy watching the Real Housewives reality shows. I do also like to watch secular movies and shows. Of course they are filled with things that are not ideally Christian. But is it ok to still enjoy them?  I have to admit I find them entertaining. I would never watch something like (I won’t even use the word here).... but yes I do enjoy secular entertainment which is filled with things that are not wonderful. But then again the Bible is filled with some controversial things too. But we still read it. So.... I don’t know. What do you think?

Since no one answered your question biblically, ahem, Romans 14 should be read. It says if you're asking "should I watch this?" then you shouldn't. Someone else can watch it. Read Romans 14 to find out WHY that it is so.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

3 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Since no one answered your question biblically, ahem, Romans 14 should be read. It says if you're asking "should I watch this?" then you shouldn't. Someone else can watch it. Read Romans 14 to find out WHY that it is so.

Ahem; Biblical answer

Jude 1:24Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,

Obviously Christians shouldn’t be watching gossip housewife drivel, or anything that isn’t pure, on the hell box in the corner of the room.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

I find myself pulling further and further away from anything considered entertainment that comes out of Hollywood. I had to ask myself why because I once loved to sit and watch a good movie now and then. Part of it was probably seeing social engineering agendas put into almost everything. Same sex "couples" being one of those agendas. There can be no mistake "they" are pushing this on us all to desensitize us to it.

The last couple of times I tried to watch a movie it ended in frustration. Many movies now are so dark in terms of how they affect me. I mean, I turn on the TV because it's a bad day out thinking it might be a good pastime and end up feeling twice as bad as I did before I watched anything.

In the end though, It's just the Lord working on me. I no longer watch hardly anything except documentaries on subjects I like or instructional videos on YouTube.

Though I was once loved sci fi. Now I find myself watching things like the one I seen last night about this guy who found a way to live in the back of his pickup truck in -18F weather, or the couple who showed how they built a cabin in the woods step by step. I could relate to the construction techniques used. It was interesting to see how they added a heater and made the pipe work going outside fireproof. I watched a video about a man who reclaimed a stereo he found alongside the road from 1990, or DAW "how to" shows. I don't seem to have one thing that I find interesting.Sometimes I'll watch bigfoot videos for comic effect. Black shady things walking in the woods making noises in the night. Or the site where we see pics from Mars. Some of them claiming to be objects intelligently made. 

I guess I make secular music because it isn't always expressly Christian. Neither is it anti-christian. What do you call secular? 

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

12 hours ago, Starise said:

I find myself pulling further and further away from anything considered entertainment that comes out of Hollywood. I had to ask myself why because I once loved to sit and watch a good movie now and then. Part of it was probably seeing social engineering agendas put into almost everything. Same sex "couples" being one of those agendas. There can be no mistake "they" are pushing this on us all to desensitize us to it.

The last couple of times I tried to watch a movie it ended in frustration. Many movies now are so dark in terms of how they affect me. I mean, I turn on the TV because it's a bad day out thinking it might be a good pastime and end up feeling twice as bad as I did before I watched anything.

In the end though, It's just the Lord working on me. I no longer watch hardly anything except documentaries on subjects I like or instructional videos on YouTube.

Though I was once loved sci fi. Now I find myself watching things like the one I seen last night about this guy who found a way to live in the back of his pickup truck in -18F weather, or the couple who showed how they built a cabin in the woods step by step. I could relate to the construction techniques used. It was interesting to see how they added a heater and made the pipe work going outside fireproof. I watched a video about a man who reclaimed a stereo he found alongside the road from 1990, or DAW "how to" shows. I don't seem to have one thing that I find interesting.Sometimes I'll watch bigfoot videos for comic effect. Black shady things walking in the woods making noises in the night. Or the site where we see pics from Mars. Some of them claiming to be objects intelligently made. 

I guess I make secular music because it isn't always expressly Christian. Neither is it anti-christian. What do you call secular? 

Secular is anything else. So even a love song. Even though I guess love isn’t a terrible thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

God loves entertainment. Jesus as human enjoyed playing with friends. I mean, a love story, a song about cars, crazy Christmas family issues, or a movie about candy are not "Godly" but not bad either. Watching episodes of the Monkees or listening to their music, are not Christian but also not bad.

I just heard this song on my Christian hiphop station on accuradio.com: Mouthpi3ce's "Turn it Off." Exactly what this topic is about.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 2/4/2021 at 2:12 PM, Beppybuva said:

Hello,

For example, I enjoy watching the Real Housewives reality shows. I do also like to watch secular movies and shows. Of course they are filled with things that are not ideally Christian. But is it ok to still enjoy them?  I have to admit I find them entertaining. I would never watch something like (I won’t even use the word here).... but yes I do enjoy secular entertainment which is filled with things that are not wonderful. But then again the Bible is filled with some controversial things too. But we still read it. So.... I don’t know. What do you think?

Over time God really began to show me the truth about how alot of things I liked where either manipulative, violent, filled with evil ideas etc. So now adays I stick with independent artist now. There's plenty of small time artist and chrsitian ones that need an audience. They aren't trying to push an agenda but create something that has a message  or asks a  question or add value to life.