IGNORED

Should I Tell My Non-Christian Friends God has Determined Them to Go to Hell?

Uber Genius

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death."

Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion Book 3, Chapter 21, Paragraph 5

Also is this the Christian Priviledge my BLM friends keep telling me about?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Absolutely not!!!

You are not God and you do not know his timing.  What if God's plan is to save them next week?  Next year?

You are using a man-made doctrine from a man-made book.  Why not use the Bible and  tell them about Christ?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death."

Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion Book 3, Chapter 21, Paragraph 5

Also is this the Christian Priviledge my BLM friends keep telling me about?

I wouldn’t say anything, because we don’t know God’s timing, do we,Uber Genius, only God knows who will go to hell, just be a kind loving witness for the Lord...and leave the rest to God.....Blessings to you,in Christ.

11 minutes ago, clancy said:

I wouldn’t say anything, because we don’t know God’s timing, do we,Uber Genius, only God knows who will go to hell, just be a kind loving witness for the Lord...and leave the rest to God.....Blessings to you,in Christ.

Firstly, you might want to go to my profile and read the "about me" section. Or look at the avatar. 

Secondly, It seems to be difficult to be a "loving witness for the Lord," when, according to John Calvin, God hates all those he doesn't elect! 

But I guess , to your point, we could hope that our non-Christian friends are not the ones God hates. And further than God hasn't preordained them to eternal damnation.

15 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Firstly, you might want to go to my profile and read the "about me" section. Or look at the avatar. 

Secondly, It seems to be difficult to be a "loving witness for the Lord," when, according to John Calvin, God hates all those he doesn't elect! 

But I guess , to your point, we could hope that our non-Christian friends are not the ones God hates. And further than God hasn't preordained them to eternal damnation.

Shouldn’t you be looking to God’s word?

Check everything with scripture, that is the word of God.

Not John Calvin’s word, counts for nothing....why are you believing him and not God’s teaching?

Edited by clancy

39 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Absolutely not!!!

You are not God and you do not know his timing.  What if God's plan is to save them next week?  Next year?

You are using a man-made doctrine from a man-made book.  Why not use the Bible and  tell them about Christ?

So I hear this argument a lot, "you are using a man-made argument," aren't all our main curch creeds man-made? They come from the first 7 ecumenical councils, again men giving man-made arguments that became man-made creeds, so those wrong? 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I put no stock in man-made creeds.  They might be right, they might be wrong, or they might contain a little of both which is just as bad.  God's Word, on the other hand, is holy and pure.

It says nothing about telling people that God hates them and has determined them for hell before their birth.

It teaches the opposite.

We are to tell people that God loves them and desires their repentance and God take no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked.  I'm quoting scripture.  

If God takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked - why would he create the majority of humanity just to burn, giving them no chance to repent and be saved.

Your OP is a man-made doctrine that opposes the Bible.  And no one of this planet knows the timing of God's  salvation for people.

Again, why not share the love of Christ?

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

Who cares about John Calvin?  Rather care what God tells us to do.

Go out and preach the good news about salvation in Christ Jesus and the blessings of living the gospel.

I share my testimony with others as to how by believing the gospel I was transformed from a junkie and a criminal (by baptism in water and the Holy Spirit) and set free from all of that pain and addictions (instantly in one afternoon).

And I am able to share with others testimonies to many miracles and healings and blessings from God.

Remember it is the "good news" of salvation. 

11a57.jpg.ef34b6f83465979a61b7bbfe849601f7.jpg

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

19 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Go out and preach the good news about salvation in Christ Jesus and the blessings of living the gospel.

I share my testimony with others as to how by believing the gospel I was transformed from a junkie and a criminal (by baptism in water and the Holy Spirit) and set free from all of that pain and addictions (instantly in one afternoon).

And I am able to share with others testimonies to many miracles and healings and blessings from God.

Ephesians 1:4,5

"For He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will."

Those whom are saved are so because they were predestined by God to be saved, right?

He chose some to be saved other not to be.

38 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Wow!!....that is some testimony. Have you shared it on worthy?

i would love to read your testimony if you have?