IGNORED

Should I Tell My Non-Christian Friends God has Determined Them to Go to Hell?

Uber Genius

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12

On 2/8/2021 at 3:56 PM, Uber Genius said:

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death."

Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion Book 3, Chapter 21, Paragraph 5

Also is this the Christian Priviledge my BLM friends keep telling me about?

You should not tell people where God has determined them to go, because you don't know.

What you should tell unbelievers is that they have broken God's law, are therefore under his condemnation, and will go to hell, unless they repent and trust in Jesus Christ, because of his shed blood, death on the cross and bodily resurrection, in which case they will be saved and go to heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

By doctrine, we're not supposed to judge those who are outside the church. They have already been judged. With that said, given that unbelievers are vessels for use by the enemy of the holy people, it would make sense not to be unequally yoked with them lest you offend the Holy Spirit. No man gathers to himself grapes of thorns and figs of thistles. 

Edited by Thomas V
Correcting a word

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,388
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Responding to the OP (a bit late to the party)

Even if the supposedly Calvinist statement were true, How do you presume to know what God has “Determined” for any specific individual?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

9 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

The ONLY difference between me and the person in hell, is the Grace of God. And the Only reason I have it and the other doesn't is because I accepted the love offered

"My sheep hear my voice"

"It's not you could and they couldn't
but
you did and they didn't"............

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Sower said:

"My sheep hear my voice"

"It's not you could and they couldn't
but
you did and they didn't"............

Absolutely Our Choice

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

18 hours ago, David1701 said:

What you should tell unbelievers is that they have broken God's law, are therefore under his condemnation, and will go to hell, unless they repent and trust in Jesus Christ, because of his shed blood, death on the cross and bodily resurrection, in which case they will be saved and go to heaven.

A recent poll (2014 or so) found 30% of Evangelicals to be Calvinists. I gave what Calvin's response to my friend would be in my post. 

I reject Calvin's doctrine as more abhorrent than most cult groups because Calvinism destroys the nature of God to be an incoherent God!

on Calvinism 

GOD ONLY LOVES THOSE HE CHOOSES TO LOVE

so he is NOT all-loving 

He creates men who are predestined to go to hell!

Not just NOT all-loving but here he is evil.

So I do respond the way you suggest. 

Yet I frequently run across Evangelical Pastors referring to R.C. Sproul, John McArthur, D.A.Carson, Tim Keller, John Piper in their preaching. They will adopt Calvinist views without knowing the entailment of such views.

i respond like you suggested. Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

A recent poll (2014 or so) found 30% of Evangelicals to be Calvinists. I gave what Calvin's response to my friend would be in my post. 

I reject Calvin's doctrine as more abhorrent than most cult groups because Calvinism destroys the nature of God to be an incoherent God!

on Calvinism 

GOD ONLY LOVES THOSE HE CHOOSES TO LOVE

so he is NOT all-loving 

He creates men who are predestined to go to hell!

Not just NOT all-loving but here he is evil.

So I do respond the way you suggest. 

Yet I frequently run across Evangelical Pastors referring to R.C. Sproul, John McArthur, D.A.Carson, Tim Keller, John Piper in their preaching. They will adopt Calvinist views without knowing the entailment of such views.

i respond like you suggested. Thanks.

It might interest you to know that I believe in what you would call "Calvinism" (at least the Solas and TULIP, although not much of the other stuff), yet you agreed with me about what to tell unbelievers.

The Doctrines of Grace are not from Calvin anyway, they are straight out of the Bible.

If you believe in God's omniscience and in so-called "free will", then you believe in God creating people whom he knew would never believe in him (and huge numbers of them would never even hear the gospel, so COULD NOT believe in him). 

Please explain to everyone why this is supposedly better than God passing over some people and leaving them in the rebellion and sin they desire, thanks.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

If you believe in God's omniscience and in so-called "free will", then you believe in God creating people whom he knew would never believe in him (and huge numbers of them would never even hear the gospel, so COULD NOT believe in him). 

Are you implying that billions of people who are not "Christians" have no salvation?

8 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Are you implying that billions of people who are not "Christians" have no salvation?

There is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No-one comes to the Father, except through Him.  There is no other name given under heaven, by which we must be saved, than Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

14 minutes ago, Waggles said:

I'm implying that 30% of Evangelicals are commuted to that claim!

Calvinism claims that God creates men with the full knowledge that they will never have the free will to chose to follow him!!!

Further that God will punish them for actions they had no freedom to refrain from doing. 

This makes the world one big kobuki theater and God force she men to act out his play! Then judges them and sends them to hell for it!

Further, every week I run into people praising CALVINIST Pastors completely unaware of their treacherous views on salvation, God's Sovereignty, God's love for only the elect, Jesus death only possibly counting for a few who didn't choose to follow him (since no one can choose to follow him).

Ever heard a pastor preach quoting R.C. sproul, D.A. Carson, Tim Keller, John Piper, John MacArthur? All believe those false views stated above.