My Faith ist pure Despair

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I asked God to help me with my bone disease and he didnt help me but allowed things to desperately deteriorate. Now I am on the verge of asking for assisted suicide because I Cannot stand the pain anymore. It was when I trusted and hoped for help the most and prayed, when I had Turned toward the study of Christianity, that I got punished the most mercilessly. At this point I lay in Bed with a bone disease and Tinnitus, half crippled at 30 years old, mistreated and misguidrd,  punished for my trust and faith, crying out in anguish most of the day. It was at this time that I was at my most unlucky andvthat I made the worst possibly deadly decisions. And yet I keep hoping there may be a God. It is almost pure despair. Because I saw He didnt help me. But dying with a sense of nihilism would be too much for me. And so I desperately CLing to hope. Any words of encouragement or biblical guidance or explanation would be welcome

Edited by Kili
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

May God bless you, Kili. May His love comfort you and give you hope for a new day.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Kili said:

Any words of encouragement or biblical guidance or explanation would be welcome

Are there any believers near you? It would be great if they will pray for you. It is never God's way to punish people as you might think. In fact the scriptures tell us that.

James 5:14

The Prayer of Faith
…14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Is there a reason you believe God is punishing you?

Much of the pain we suffer is not punishment for wrongdoing. And even when it is, the purpose is often not mere punishment but correction, a call to repentance.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you. Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, 'I believed, and so I spoke,' we also believe, and so we also speak, knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence. For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." -- 2 Corinthians 4:7-18

If you're looking to Christianity hoping for physical healing, you may end up disappointed, because that may not be God's will. God's will is concerned primarily with spiritual healing, to prepare those who give their hearts to him for eternity in the new creation.

Cry out to God. Repent of your sins, and ask for the forgiveness you can never earn or deserve. Ask Him to heal your broken relationship with Him and to give you the strength to endure whatever physical hardships you face in this world, knowing that they are "light, momentary afflictions" when compared to the glorious perfection of eternity with God. When God is done with you, He will call you home to perfect peace, so put away thoughts of suicide. Do then continue to pray for physical healing if it be God's will for you, to allow you to serve and glorify Him better in this life.

I will be praying for you!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

21 hours ago, Kili said:

I asked God to help me with my bone disease and he didnt help me but allowed things to desperately deteriorate. Now I am on the verge of asking for assisted suicide because I Cannot stand the pain anymore. It was when I trusted and hoped for help the most and prayed, when I had Turned toward the study of Christianity, that I got punished the most mercilessly. At this point I lay in Bed with a bone disease and Tinnitus, half crippled at 30 years old, mistreated and misguidrd,  punished for my trust and faith, crying out in anguish most of the day. It was at this time that I was at my most unlucky andvthat I made the worst possibly deadly decisions. And yet I keep hoping there may be a God. It is almost pure despair. Because I saw He didnt help me. But dying with a sense of nihilism would be too much for me. And so I desperately CLing to hope. Any words of encouragement or biblical guidance or explanation would be welcome

Jesus bless you! I'm glad you turned to study Christianity, but have you trusted Jesus for salvation AND for pain relief?

• Thumbs Up 1