Guest clancy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Everybody will give an account for their lives to the Lord.  I'd be much more concerned about what a person teaches pertaining to God than on how one spends the money they are entrusted with.  If their message is false, expose it.  Let them stand accountable for their own actions before God and not us as their judge.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

4233c.jpg.6673d61d70f6aadb2f1875b56c638dc2.jpg

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 2/10/2021 at 8:37 AM, clancy said:

Have you heard of her?

What do you think of her teaching?

Ugh!  Prosperity "gospel" preachers are false teachers.  Some of the things they teach are downright blasphemous (e.g. about the cross of Christ) and their teaching about what they call "faith" is thinly disguised witchcraft.

Here's a link to some of Meyer's teachings.

http://longfortruth.com/2014/07/6-reasons-you-should-stop-listening-to-joyce-meyer/

The site is Lutheran and I'm not; but the points about Meyer's teaching are good warnings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/12/2021 at 5:23 AM, David1701 said:

Ugh!  Prosperity "gospel" preachers are false teachers.  Some of the things they teach are downright blasphemous (e.g. about the cross of Christ) and their teaching about what they call "faith" is thinly disguised witchcraft.

Here's a link to some of Meyer's teachings.

http://longfortruth.com/2014/07/6-reasons-you-should-stop-listening-to-joyce-meyer/

The site is Lutheran and I'm not; but the points about Meyer's teaching are good warnings.

I think there is a demonic instinct that has crept into the church encouraging Christians to act as slanderers (Gk. 'diabolos', Eng. 'devils') against other Christians – i.e. in concert with “the accuser of our brethren” (Revelation 12:9-10).

The strategy is simple;

1 – Find a successful Christian who has decades of material to quote-mine

2 – Find any small error, or ambiguity, difference of opinion, or misspoken words that can be easily separated from their original context

3 – Exaggerate the importance of the apparent discrepancy so as to encourage others to disregard the entire ministry as invalid, unChristian, heretical or “blasphemous”.

To me this indicates pride – in presuming to know the mind and purpose of God in every circumstance. You think because you disagree with them on some issues, that God can not be working through them? Is your own knowledge perfect and beyond correction? Apart from Jesus Himself, can you find me a minister or ministry that is perfect – and can not be attacked by the above strategy?

This hyper-critical strategy also indicates a lack of the fear of God – in presuming to speak against a potential ministry of Christ that is successfully bearing fruit in His name.

Jesus said, “You will know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:16) – not by whether or not we agree with every word they have ever uttered or published in the public domain. And not because they never make any mistakes.

Obviously overt heresies need to be corrected and exposed (e.g. teachings contradicting the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith). But that is not what is happening here (and certainly not apparent in your “6 Reasons” link – which I think are pathetic).

Question: Suppose a minister misspeaks, or sincerely believes (and therefore teaches) a doctrinal error – Are they forever disqualified from ministry? Or do we have grace to understand that a sincere minister may occasionally be wrong on some issues, or that the Holy Spirit might later even correct the error?

I don't know what you mean by “Prosperity "gospel"”. I listened to a Joyce Meyer message (just this morning) where she explicitly taught against having a money focus. And I have previously heard her criticise taking the idea that God wants to bless us, to an unbalanced, materialistic extreme.

As I said in a previous post, I do not agree with everything JM preaches. But her ministry has contributed in spades to my own spiritual maturity and personal relationship with God. I consider it to be a dangerous instinct to so flippantly attack a potential work of Christ over simple disagreements pertaining to non-essential doctrines.

Philippians 2:12-13 - … work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

I researched Joyce Meyer, having never heard of her before. I found articles from 2019 which revealed her repudiation of the "prosperity gospel" and repentance from focusing upon material wealth in the past. This speaks well of Joyce Meyer. 

The love of money, not money itself, is the root of all evil. I'll share my own example in the hope that others may know that neither poverty nor riches are holy, for the Lord blesses both in equal measure. I've been destitute for most of my days in this world and I never devoted any thought to my estate. Indeed, I've never understood money and wanted nothing of it. What would I do with it? I had no idea!

When the Lord sent me to this city I was destitute with no place to rest my head. I inquired of the Lord and the Spirit commanded me, saying I would present myself to a homeless shelter and reside there. But would they accept me? I asked of the Lord, and He assured me that I would indeed be accepted for this was His will. Did He not make the way straight before me? Not only would I become a resident, but their hearts would be inclined toward me and I would prosper greatly in their midst. 

I didn't know what to say to this, friends. Of course I struggle with doubt and the Lord knows this well. I couldn't fathom what it means to prosper; I wrestled with all manner of uncomfortable thoughts (money? God forbid!) and determined to walk simply in faith as Christ taught me long ago. His will, and not my own, be done. 

I attended an interview with two case managers from the shelter and by the time it was over we were laughing, having shared portions of our life story with one another. It was if we were old friends. My acceptance was a foregone conclusion, they confided. They would see me bright and early the next morning! It unfolded in a whirlwind, characteristic of what takes place when the Lord moves me from one place to the next. My head was spinning.

What can I say? Everything unfolded just as the Lord said it would. Doors were opened and where there was a need, I fulfilled it; I volunteered to assist the staff with the workload and they came to depend upon me during my residency in the program. At the time I was unaware of what transpired beyond my earshot and knowledge...  the staff and some donors were mightily impressed with me. The day arrived when the program manager presented me with a check for a week's worth of work. Eh? 

Keep it, I said. You don't have to pay me because it's my good pleasure to help. Give it someone who needs it more than I do. 

Oh no, she insisted, you're going to accept this check and like it. Furthermore, you're now an independent contractor and henceforth will be paid for all of the work you do for us here.

I struggled with that. Why should I be paid for doing what I love to do? It was merely my acceptable service. Little did I know that as a resident of the program I couldn't officially become a member of staff, so the independent contractor status was a loophole. More was in store... much more. 

A few weeks later, I was handed a letter from the CEO of the non-profit organization which operates the shelter. It was a job offer effective the day after I completed their program. Furthermore, they were offering me a renovated and fully furnished apartment close to the shelter. They gave me everything I could possibly need... a bed, dressers, a couch, chairs, a kitchen table, brand new appliances, kitchenware, and a stockpile of food. I was overwhelmed. 

I still am. This is what the Lord meant and everything unfolded precisely as He said it would. Now I find myself with money and I've been before the Lord with no small measure of fear and trembling... whatever shall I do with it? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

Talking about money,I never let God be in control of mine,the amount of chances I had with money, blew it every time.

Listening to Joyce Meyers and speaking about money, handing it over to God, well,I did at last,...my belief is, it must come from the heart, you must really want God to help you, I had reached the end of my tether with money,I was useless with it....

I was in desperation,I had a long talk with God,got everything off my chest, asked Him if He would take control of my money,...He has, and let me tell you, since doing so, my life is completely changing in that area,I only buy what I need and not what I want, plus I have been led to quite a few benefits ,that I am entitled to.

The point is.....give everything to God, and ask for his guidance, even in troubled times ,we are being taught by God...we go through trials for a reason, it’s just trusting God Through them, it has certainly strengthened my faith!.

22 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I researched Joyce Meyer, having never heard of her before. I found articles from 2019 which revealed her repudiation of the "prosperity gospel" and repentance from focusing upon material wealth in the past. This speaks well of Joyce Meyer. 

The love of money, not money itself, is the root of all evil. I'll share my own example in the hope that others may know that neither poverty nor riches are holy, for the Lord blesses both in equal measure. I've been destitute for most of my days in this world and I never devoted any thought to my estate. Indeed, I've never understood money and wanted nothing of it. What would I do with it? I had no idea!

When the Lord sent me to this city I was destitute with no place to rest my head. I inquired of the Lord and the Spirit commanded me, saying I would present myself to a homeless shelter and reside there. But would they accept me? I asked of the Lord, and He assured me that I would indeed be accepted for this was His will. Did He not make the way straight before me? Not only would I become a resident, but their hearts would be inclined toward me and I would prosper greatly in their midst. 

I didn't know what to say to this, friends. Of course I struggle with doubt and the Lord knows this well. I couldn't fathom what it means to prosper; I wrestled with all manner of uncomfortable thoughts (money? God forbid!) and determined to walk simply in faith as Christ taught me long ago. His will, and not my own, be done. 

I attended an interview with two case managers from the shelter and by the time it was over we were laughing, having shared portions of our life story with one another. It was if we were old friends. My acceptance was a foregone conclusion, they confided. They would see me bright and early the next morning! It unfolded in a whirlwind, characteristic of what takes place when the Lord moves me from one place to the next. My head was spinning.

What can I say? Everything unfolded just as the Lord said it would. Doors were opened and where there was a need, I fulfilled it; I volunteered to assist the staff with the workload and they came to depend upon me during my residency in the program. At the time I was unaware of what transpired beyond my earshot and knowledge...  the staff and some donors were mightily impressed with me. The day arrived when the program manager presented me with a check for a week's worth of work. Eh? 

Keep it, I said. You don't have to pay me because it's my good pleasure to help. Give it someone who needs it more than I do. 

Oh no, she insisted, you're going to accept this check and like it. Furthermore, you're now an independent contractor and henceforth will be paid for all of the work you do for us here.

I struggled with that. Why should I be paid for doing what I love to do? It was merely my acceptable service. Little did I know that as a resident of the program I couldn't officially become a member of staff, so the independent contractor status was a loophole. More was in store... much more. 

A few weeks later, I was handed a letter from the CEO of the non-profit organization which operates the shelter. It was a job offer effective the day after I completed their program. Furthermore, they were offering me a renovated and fully furnished apartment close to the shelter. They gave me everything I could possibly need... a bed, dressers, a couch, chairs, a kitchen table, brand new appliances, kitchenware, and a stockpile of food. I was overwhelmed. 

I still am. This is what the Lord meant and everything unfolded precisely as He said it would. Now I find myself with money and I've been before the Lord with no small measure of fear and trembling... whatever shall I do with it? 

Wonderful read, Praise God!!.

1 hour ago, SONshine said:

Psalm 50:6

6 Let the heavens declare His righteousness,
For God Himself is Judge. Selah

Brilliant!....In Jesus Name!......Amen!!.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

She is like Joel Osteen, a complete fake that doesn't teach Christianity but some kind of New Age stuff.  I don't know much about her so I can't comment.  All I know is that she seems to be like Joel Osteen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

9 hours ago, Marathoner said:

While I praise the Lord right along with you brother, I think there's one HUGE difference between someone begging to pay you and someone else in "ministry" that spends millions of dollars on themselves and their family. Meanwhile as I'm sure you are well aware, there are people out there in need both physically and spiritually. 

I go back to the idea of WWJD? Would He have spent lots of money on Himself and take a little left over and give it away so as to make people think that yes, we are giving to the poor. The Bible says that to him who is given much, much is expected. If you have millions of dollars to throw around that was GIVEN to you by people who thought it would be used for ministry work , who TRUSTED you to use the money for this and instead you use much of it for yourself and your immediate family, I call that a self aggrandizing money machine. Don't look at what they SAY look at what they DO.

I think Joyce is getting off much too lightly here. She knew they were on to her and made it look legit by saying she repented, yet what has really changed?

Edited by Starise