• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, clancy said:

Have you heard of her?

What do you think of her teaching?

SHE IS GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES  take it how you  want.. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Joyce Meyers is a false teacher.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,133
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, Starise said:

While I praise the Lord right along with you brother, I think there's one HUGE difference between someone begging to pay you and someone else in "ministry" that spends millions of dollars on themselves and their family. Meanwhile as I'm sure you are well aware, there are people out there in need both physically and spiritually. 

I go back to the idea of WWJD? Would He have spent lots of money on Himself and take a little left over and give it away so as to make people think that yes, we are giving to the poor. The Bible says that to him who is given much, much is expected. If you have millions of dollars to throw around that was GIVEN to you by people who thought it would be used for ministry work , who TRUSTED you to use the money for this and instead you use much of it for yourself and your immediate family, I call that a self aggrandizing money machine. Don't look at what they SAY look at what they DO.

I think Joyce is getting off much too lightly here. She knew they were on to her and made it look legit by saying she repented, yet what has really changed?

Mercy, my friend. How do you know that her repentance was contrived in such a way? The doors were blown open on the so-called prosperity preachers decades ago so this isn't exactly news.

I say "mercy" because who among us can claim to have done no wrong? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, @Starise. An argument may be made that any one of us have gotten off lightly; we were slaves to sin before Christ raised us up to serve Him in this world. 

I remember the parable of the servant who was forgiven of much by his Lord. After being liberated, he showed no mercy to a fellow servant who owned him a pittance. Upon hearing of this, his Lord was wrathful and had the wicked servant cast into bondage. Those who show no mercy shall receive no mercy; the measure of judgment we mete will be returned to us. 

Who is without sin? The Son of the living God who judges us all, great and small. Let us refrain from railing accusations remembering that vengeance belongs to the Lord. :)  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

26 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Mercy, my friend. How do you know that her repentance was contrived in such a way? The doors were blown open on the so-called prosperity preachers decades ago so this isn't exactly news.

I say "mercy" because who among us can claim to have done no wrong? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, @Starise. An argument may be made that any one of us have gotten off lightly; we were slaves to sin before Christ raised us up to serve Him in this world. 

I remember the parable of the servant who was forgiven of much by his Lord. After being liberated, he showed no mercy to a fellow servant who owned him a pittance. Upon hearing of this, his Lord was wrathful and had the wicked servant cast into bondage. Those who show no mercy shall receive no mercy; the measure of judgment we mete will be returned to us. 

Who is without sin? The Son of the living God who judges us all, great and small. Let us refrain from railing accusations remembering that vengeance belongs to the Lord. :)  

I agree with you 100%.

What did Jesus say to the man who wanted to follow him? Go and sell all of your possessions.

When Joyce downgrades her elite wealthy lifestyle then I'll begin to think maybe she has changed. I'm sure this probably sounds judgmental to you. If she took money she should give it all back and put it where it belongs. It isn't much of a repentance if you get to keep all the spoils of your exploits.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

I was listening to Joyce Meyer for about 18 months before I got saved. She was the first person who showed me how the Bible could be applied practically, and some of it was really useful stuff. However, she taught that God just wants me to treat myself to a nice coffee and help me with my tasks that day...true of course, but I dont remember her ever preaching the Gospel. If she did, it went right over my head. Easter Sunday, 2019-over a year after listening to Meyer, I listened to a podcast by John Piper on the crucifixion, and that was it...I finally understood. I never realised I was a sinner who had no chance of getting into heaven without Jesus's sacrifice. Joyce is theological fluff...she has some points but theres no eternal substance.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

:exclaimation:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

3 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

I was listening to Joyce Meyer for about 18 months before I got saved. She was the first person who showed me how the Bible could be applied practically, and some of it was really useful stuff. However, she taught that God just wants me to treat myself to a nice coffee and help me with my tasks that day...true of course, but I dont remember her ever preaching the Gospel. If she did, it went right over my head. Easter Sunday, 2019-over a year after listening to Meyer, I listened to a podcast by John Piper on the crucifixion, and that was it...I finally understood. I never realised I was a sinner who had no chance of getting into heaven without Jesus's sacrifice. Joyce is theological fluff...she has some points but theres no eternal substance.

You know I see it as sad in a way because there are literally THOUSANDS of women out there who could use another woman to relate to. I think on some level Joyce accomplishes this, but in other ways she drops the ball. The message that women can be victorious in the Lord is a good message. I think we need to reflect on the many positives of the word. As a speaker in this area she excels as she relates well to women, although I have seen men in her audiences too. 

One day God will judge all of us and Joyce will be standing right up there with me and everyone else. Of course it's easy for a wealthy woman with a few mansions and a private jet to get her around who is in need of nothing to stand and preach "blessings" to others. Yes according to her she had a rough life early on. I think many women relate to this and feel a kinship with her.  

She found a "niche" that works in working with these women. That's how I see it. Who really benefits from it? Joyce certainly benefits financially. Not just rich but filthy rich.

If a person sincerely desires to relate to those closest to their ministry what is the best way to do that? I would say it is to get closer to their level. I'm not saying live in poverty, just live like a normal person. In that way show the world money really means nothing to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s strange, because I too was going to comment on Joyce Meyers,millions, then a little voice in my head, told me to stay quiet....well of course,I believe that was God asking me to zip it.....so zip it I will......Joyce is the Lord’s concern, not mine.?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, Tristen said:

I think there is a demonic instinct that has crept into the church encouraging Christians to act as slanderers (Gk. 'diabolos', Eng. 'devils') against other Christians – i.e. in concert with “the accuser of our brethren” (Revelation 12:9-10).

The strategy is simple;

1 – Find a successful Christian who has decades of material to quote-mine

2 – Find any small error, or ambiguity, difference of opinion, or misspoken words that can be easily separated from their original context

3 – Exaggerate the importance of the apparent discrepancy so as to encourage others to disregard the entire ministry as invalid, unChristian, heretical or “blasphemous”.

To me this indicates pride – in presuming to know the mind and purpose of God in every circumstance. You think because you disagree with them on some issues, that God can not be working through them? Is your own knowledge perfect and beyond correction? Apart from Jesus Himself, can you find me a minister or ministry that is perfect – and can not be attacked by the above strategy?

This hyper-critical strategy also indicates a lack of the fear of God – in presuming to speak against a potential ministry of Christ that is successfully bearing fruit in His name.

Jesus said, “You will know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:16) – not by whether or not we agree with every word they have ever uttered or published in the public domain. And not because they never make any mistakes.

Obviously overt heresies need to be corrected and exposed (e.g. teachings contradicting the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith). But that is not what is happening here (and certainly not apparent in your “6 Reasons” link – which I think are pathetic).

Question: Suppose a minister misspeaks, or sincerely believes (and therefore teaches) a doctrinal error – Are they forever disqualified from ministry? Or do we have grace to understand that a sincere minister may occasionally be wrong on some issues, or that the Holy Spirit might later even correct the error?

I don't know what you mean by “Prosperity "gospel"”. I listened to a Joyce Meyer message (just this morning) where she explicitly taught against having a money focus. And I have previously heard her criticise taking the idea that God wants to bless us, to an unbalanced, materialistic extreme.

As I said in a previous post, I do not agree with everything JM preaches. But her ministry has contributed in spades to my own spiritual maturity and personal relationship with God. I consider it to be a dangerous instinct to so flippantly attack a potential work of Christ over simple disagreements pertaining to non-essential doctrines.

Philippians 2:12-13 - … work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure

I was not flippant.  I was not attacking someone over trivialities (the heresies are very serious); and it is your false accusations that come under the subject of your post, ironically.

I would recommend you to read "Christianity in Crisis", by Hank Hanegraff, which is not about Joyce Meyer, but about that genre of false teaching (people like Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, etc.); but you would probably trash him, as you have trashed me.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

9 hours ago, SONshine said:

Psalm 50:6

6 Let the heavens declare His righteousness,
For God Himself is Judge. Selah

Oh boy!

Rom. 16:17,18 (EMTV)

17 Now I urge you, brothers, to look out for those who cause divisions and offences, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and turn away from them.
18 For such people do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and through smooth speech and flattering, they deceive the hearts of the innocent.

Jude 3,4 (EMTV)

3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you about our common salvation, it became necessary to write to you exhorting you to earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.
4 For certain men have crept in unawares, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, changing the grace of our God into licentiousness and denying the only Master God and our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Titus 3:10,11 (KJV)

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

2 Pet. 2:1-3 (EMTV)

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master, the One having bought them, and bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many will follow after their debaucheries, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.
3 And by covetousness they will exploit you with fabricated words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction will not sleep.