missmuffet

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe anyone should get a stimulous check. We already have programs for the poor and unemployed. We are going to ruin the economy for everyone at this rate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

I don't believe anyone should get a stimulous check. We already have programs for the poor and unemployed. We are going to ruin the economy for everyone at this rate.

I think the stimulus check is a blessing for those who need it. They just have to spend it wisely. There are those companies who make billions of dollars that are greedy and need to be taxed more heavily to help pay for the debt of the stimulus check. Especially those companies who have made a fortune from the virus such as Amazon, Clorox...etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

13 hours ago, DDisconnect said:

That may be generally true, yes. But it also just seems a bit off to just assume that because someone makes 75k+, that they are not struggling. People with large debts and what have you. At the very least, I'd argue that those who are above the 75k+ mark can claim to be struggling as well, but must be able to adequately prove it in order to also receive relief.

If a person tells you they are stuggling and make a lot of money they are deceiving you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, DDisconnect said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/08/americans-angry-possible-stimulus-check-income-limit-changes.html

People's situations are different and you can't assume people are in easy spots just because they might normally get comfy incomes. Again, I can understand not wanting to give money to those that are not struggling, but if they can provide proof that they are struggling financially despite going above the mark then they should also qualify.

I am sure those who make $100,ooo/year think they should qualify,.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, missmuffet said:

There are those companies who make billions of dollars that are greedy and need to be taxed more heavily to help pay for the debt of the stimulus check. Especially those companies who have made a fortune from the virus such as Amazon, Clorox...etc. 

That's a great recipe for people losing jobs. Already, Amazon is moving offices with good paying jobs out of California because of the high taxes there. These are office jobs that can be outsourced if Amazon so chose. Manufacture of Clorox products can also take place in other countries. 

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, we all don't. We want the government give-aways to stop. We care about this country and don't want it to go broke. That is bad for everyone. There are programs available for those in need.

And by the way, where is the church in all this? What are you doing to help the needy? We donate to several charities and give food donations to our local food bank weekly. If everyone woud do as the Lord commands, we wouldn't have all these problems.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 2/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, missmuffet said:

I think the stimulus check is a blessing for those who need it. They just have to spend it wisely. There are those companies who make billions of dollars that are greedy and need to be taxed more heavily to help pay for the debt of the stimulus check. Especially those companies who have made a fortune from the virus such as Amazon, Clorox...etc. 

yes. i defintely need it!  It's very much appreciated.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I make a 6 figure salary (not high 6 figures) and can understand your point. However, I will take the check and pay extra on a credit card, eat locally which gives some to small business, leave bigger tips, today I had furniture delivered from out of state and gave a $40 tip ($20 for each driver), I can think of more but you get the idea. A person who lives paycheck to paycheck might give all their stimulus to a landlord which may go to mortgage aka banks. Stimulus is sent out to stimulate the economy. Don’t be judgemental. 

Edited by exrockstar
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

So as we think about this Stimulus check what happens when I type (I want to say SAY) lol 

Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

"It may look like I am surrounded but I am surrounded by you" This was the song playing as I was posting that verse. He is talking ALWAYS do we listen and its ALWAYS faith. Your Father is GOD the only one.. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 2/16/2021 at 2:17 AM, Sower said:

Y'all gonna have to wait awhile, what with all this snow here in Texas.
We can't get to our book keepers to pay our last years taxes........
:)

We get two feet of snow and no one bats an eyelash. You get two inches of snow and the whole state shuts down. Even boy scouts are taught to be prepared. 

• Haha 1