• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, other one said:

where does Boing get the money to pay taxes?

Good point.

Boeing gets the money from taxpayers. It is still us paying Boeings taxes.

https://prospect.org/power/boeing-is-basically-a-state-funded-company/#:~:text=It's not just that Boeing's,quarter of its net revenues.

Edited by Ozarkbound
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/29/1966

It’s a good thing I make just barely less than 75K a year. Those stimulus checks do help out. I’ve noticed that soon after I deliver stimulus checks on my mail route, multiple people flock to Walmart to buy new TV’s. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

11 minutes ago, mailmandan said:

It’s a good thing I make just barely less than 75K a year. Those stimulus checks do help out. I’ve noticed that soon after I deliver stimulus checks on my mail route, multiple people flock to Walmart to buy new TV’s. 

That makes me feel so much better about the taxes being taken out of my check and being given to people like you and those getting new TV's.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

People seem to bring up debt when it’s stimulus time, but not when it’s spent on the military killing people and bombing other countries. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

5 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

People seem to bring up debt when it’s stimulus time, but not when it’s spent on the military killing people and bombing other countries. 

Debt is debt and had to be paid back at some point. This is true for individuals and the government, but the government can kick the can down the road longer that ordinary citizens can. Things get ugly when a country cannot pay its bills, Greece being an example of what happens only a few years ago.

The military stuff should really go in its own thread though.

If they are going to give me some extra money, fine. Its not like I can stop them, or change their minds, so I'll invest it like I did the last one. And yes, I am aware there's an awful lot of folks that can use the money - but it would be better to open back up and let everyone have industries and jobs to go back to again. That would be a real stimulus plan.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/19/2021 at 3:02 AM, JohnR7 said:

We get two feet of snow and no one bats an eyelash. You get two inches of snow and the whole state shuts down. Even boy scouts are taught to be prepared. 

You can keep your snow, I won't miss it. The novelty wears off pretty quick.
The extreme temperature drop and ice for central and south Tx was the big problem.   Plus the power grid keepers dropped the ball.
We do not maintain $ equipment for conditions that rarely occur.
Like most media today, the situations were too great for not creating fear.
And selling adds on prime time. It was a cold spell, just way colder than normal.
The last big snow and ice where I live in central Tx was 35 yrs ago. 13".
This time the whole state was not shut down. A few parts lost power for a while.
Most did not have any outage, and some had regulated temp off periods, like ours.
Lot of water pipes frozen for those who did not prepare for the rare extremes.
A cold rough week, another week fixing up and clean up, now it's spring time again.
If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a week or so.

PS.
During these sorta shut in times we are in, I enjoy in the evening watching on U-tube and national news what the snow and ice storms do to all those living up north who are so well prepared:) Roads/highways/freeways shut down for hours.
Power outages blanketed across several states. Airports shut down.
The really neat ones are the overhead freeway videos where all the vehicles are doing a ballerina performance, circles, and touch your pardner and circle, on ice.
Also, the slow motion ones gently sliding down a slight incline and bouncing off the curbs and then a mound of snow that turns out to be a covered up city bus.
I end up watching them for hours. And I didn't see anyone bat an eye lash.
They were too busy pushing their car out of the 3 foot snow, or breaking a hole through the snow to get out the front door. There must be people getting hurt with all the hazards  from the cold snow and ice conditions.
Seriously, you can have all the bragging rights on this one. I do not like the cold.
I'll trade a week of no power/water any day over living in the weather conditions up north I see every winter on TV.   Gimme the hot sun any day.
I feel for you guys/gals up there. For real.....
Sorry, I got to go. I need to cut the heat on, as it just dropped below 72 degrees:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, Sower said:

Sorry, I got to go. I need to cut the heat on, as it just dropped below 72 degrees:)

:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

All that asphalt and concrete keeps it toasty. Cook bacon and eggs on the sidewalk at high noon. :calicon17:

Gotta love the desert. The sun goes down, you shiver; the sun comes up, you're a baked potato. Better yet, the high desert (desert at high altitude). Three feet of snow in the winter and 108 degrees in the summer. Invigorating! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

Ever occur to anyone this is some kind of mass Stockholm Syndrome?

The Government abuses people then plays nice, loosening your bonds, handing out a few crumbs, all the while stealing the money and robbing us blind. We then defend these people and feel relieved over a $1400.00 handout when businesses have been shuttered for months.

And in case you didn't know it, it's our money in the first place; as well as our country, our government and our lives. 

"If you can keep it." 

We could not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Hopefully said:

They can't because they have been blinded by bread and circuses. Now we call it football and nachos.

• Thumbs Up 1