Unsure of my other halfs salvation

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I’m currently in relationship that I’m committed to, But sometimes i question his salvation. I really love him. The thing is we spend hours and hours talking but i never feel that he contributes to my faith in God even though he is a believer. My relationship with God is important to me but I’m not sure about his level of commitment to God just based on our communication.

Do i keep praying for him hoping for change or is it wiser to let go?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

The fact you're here asking leaves reasonable doubt. Or at least some concern.
Next to becoming a child of God, it is the most important decision you will ever make.
Praying is best, which ever way you decide.
I think you will know, by the spirit leading and waiting on the Lord.
Being nervous is normal, so I would give it to God, and listen to your spirit.
May God bless your decision.

PS
My wife (of 50yrs) says to date no less than 6 mos,
and do not decide till you have a real peace about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

On 2/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, Sower said:

The fact you're here asking leaves reasonable doubt.

Yep I would agree. I have known people who professed they knew the Lord. It's been over 50 years for some of them and still no outward signs anything ever happened. If you're hoping for a change you might be hoping for a very long time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/15/2021 at 11:25 PM, SavedbyHisGrace96 said:

I’m currently in relationship that I’m committed to, But sometimes i question his salvation. I really love him. The thing is we spend hours and hours talking but i never feel that he contributes to my faith in God even though he is a believer. My relationship with God is important to me but I’m not sure about his level of commitment to God just based on our communication.

Do i keep praying for him hoping for change or is it wiser to let go?

Not everyone who says they are a Christian is saved. Just tell the person you are concerned about their salvation and then let it go. Pray that this person's heart will be opened to Christ. Only God can save a person. Be a Christ example to this person in what you say and do. Don't do anything with this person that will compromise your faith in God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I read in scripture that we are to see if we measure up to His will in out lives, not if we should determine if anyone else measures up to our expectations of them.  Galatians 6:1-5

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.  Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.  For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.  But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.  For each one shall bear his own load.

Each of us are at different places in our maturity in Christ.  Some may never mature much, others will mature by leaps and bounds.  Does this mean the former is less important than the latter?  Not in Gods eyes, I'm sure.  Be there for him with the love of Christ, but first be sure you are doing what scripture tells you to do.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 2/16/2021 at 7:25 AM, SavedbyHisGrace96 said:

really love him. The thing is we spend hours and hours talking but i never feel that he contributes to my faith in God

Talking about what?

What was in today's Bible reading? The Christian responce to something in the news? 

Any man you marry has to be a spiritual leader for your family. 

Ask him how he will fulfill this role?

Ask him how he lives as a Christian in his place of work?  Do they even know he is a Christian?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

An additional resource for you, it is aimed at what a Christian man should expect of a Christian wife/mother, but is equally appropriate to be applied to a prospective husband.

Go to the web wintery knight and type in the search bar, what Christian men expect of a Christian wife/mother to know how to defend Christianity.

( Sorry, system error won't let me copy and paste. )

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'm a bit concerned that you're in a "committed relationship" and refer to him as your other half. Biblically speaking, there the unmarried, the engaged, and the married. Dating is a relatively new concept, and the purpose for it should be to ascertain as quickly as possible if God's will for you two is marriage or not.

I would strongly advise you look up on Youtube some of the teachings of Voddie Baucham on Love and Marriage, and Biblical manhood and womanhood. As you do, you need to take a hard look at this man you're involved with, as well as yourself, and ask yourself if your relationship is a Godly one.

I will say as a general rule of thumb if there is ANY doubt about his salvation, that is a massive red flag. You should be able to know and see clearly the evidence of true saving faith in his life; the way he speaks and acts and treats you and others, the way he works, etc. True saving faith changes us deeply.

• Thumbs Up 2