IGNORED

Where does Worthy explain all of the posting details to the newbies?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

I just joined this week and have had to search and search for answers to some pretty simple questions.  

1) How long do I have to wait to post a comment on a thread/topic?

2) When can I update my profile?

3) How long do I have to wait to put a photo in a thread/topic/comment?

4) What and who determines the "Controversial" topics are and why do I have to wait until I have made over 100 comments elsewhere to be able to post on a Controversial topic.

5) Is there somewhere all of the technical and support topics are found that I have not been able to find?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

These links may be of help:

And the Terms of Service

11 minutes ago, teddyv said:

These links may be of help:

And the Terms of Service

Thanks Teddy.  I did read this and I tried to scroll through the 98 pages on this thread for answers.  My questions are still unanswered.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

38 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Thanks Teddy.  I did read this and I tried to scroll through the 98 pages on this thread for answers.  My questions are still unanswered.  

You can just ask. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You can just ask. 

I tried but they just sent me the "Newbie" canned post link.  I thought maybe they had a technical support page/forum hidden somewhere.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, debrakay said:

I just joined this week and have had to search and search for answers to some pretty simple questions.  

4) What and who determines the "Controversial" topics are and why do I have to wait until I have made over 100 comments elsewhere to be able to post on a Controversial topic.

5) Is there somewhere all of the technical and support topics are found that I have not been able to find?

Hi debrakay. You ask 

According to my information within the last 24 hours you have posted 25 times on threads, 4 or 5 of which you started, so you haven't had to wait very long.

A User can post in Controversial Topics if they so choose once approved by staff, or their thread can be moved there if a staff member decides it should be there. This is what you agree to under the Terms of Service.  The 100 posts elsewhere requirement is a safeguard against instant friction from those whose sole purpose in posting is to be obnoxious rather than to integrate and participate in worthwhile fellowship.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, debrakay said:

I haven't seen much action in the Controversial forum. When I joined, I can't remember having to wait long to do anything I wanted to do, but that was quite some while ago.

If you find some interesting retirement hobbies let me know. You might try APBA computer (BBW) baseball. That's a fun hobby. And I'm teaching myself to play piano again (after about a 55-year absence), and I'm trying to improve my singing and guitar playing, and I spend several hours at the church each Monday helping with maintenance chores and sing in the church choir.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, debrakay said:

I realize it's been several hours since you asked these, but it's good to reply because those reading may have the same question.  You will not have to wait long after the first three initial posts.  Once you have the three posts you can comment in most of the areas of worthy.  The purpose of the wait period for the first few posts is to determine if the first few posts are automated (robot post) or from a spammer.

You'll find that there is some posting restrictions in some areas.  The purpose of the posting restrictions is so that we can get to know you as some of the restricted areas are more personal in nature.  It will be awhile before you can have access. 

Topics in the controversial forum can get too heavily debated to the point that moderation is needed. 100 posts gives everyone time to get to know you first.  click on the link below to browse the tech forum.  You will find instructions and rules regarding photos and images there.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/132-tech-lounge/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Usually the instruction for each area are posted in the beginning of each forum.  The first few post often have a lock beside them showing they are there permanently.  These contain valuable and much needed information that is often overlooked or neglected

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/8/2021 at 10:42 PM, Willa said:

Usually the instruction for each area are posted in the beginning of each forum.  The first few post often have a lock beside them showing they are there permanently.  These contain valuable and much needed information that is often overlooked or neglected

@Willa Do you have any advice or wisdom on inserting photos into a post?  I have looked and looked at the different technical help threads and have even written to @George see if he can explain it to me.  I do not have the little paperclip that others have mentioned and I am not an illiterate computer operator.   If it's a matter of not having enough posts credited to my account that is all I need to know.  I am getting closer to my 100 count!!  Thank you!