• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

This is a possible scenario. I feel that there are others that were also involved.

oh yes, I speak of the Pope as the central point and figurehead only.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SONshine said:

Matthew 24:32

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

We are the fig tree generation.  

may I clarify - are you ok with continuing this discussion or not? I am wanting to respect your wishes.

Sure!  

Great. May I ask from you what is your scripture saying that we are the fig tree generation? and when did that generation start?

I’m posting a few notes I made regarding this.  I have a lot more if you need more.  I hope you can read my handwriting.:)

8AAF1B3C-94BB-4923-8486-31909046A527.thumb.gif.e0fb6bacec896c1c4733f7a1ef64ffbb.gif

That is interesting, but not an answer to my question. Where is scripture to back up what you have written about a fig tree generation in the future from when it is written? The fig tree was  talked about as being in the present tense, not a gap of 1850 years or so from writing the scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

I’m posting a few notes I made regarding this.  I have a lot more if you need more.  I hope you can read my handwriting.:)

8AAF1B3C-94BB-4923-8486-31909046A527.thumb.gif.e0fb6bacec896c1c4733f7a1ef64ffbb.gif

I don’t want to interrupt here but unless I am mistaken the parable of the fig tree can be referring to the future time when the Jews will be returned to Israel after so much time in the “wilderness” (dispersed among the nations by God). 

There was NO ONE prior to 1948 (especially given the recent attempt by Hitler to completely destroy every Jew on earth) that a state of Israel would or could ever be reinstated. NO group or state or country or even their language has EVER come back from extinction other than the Jewish nation- but God is and will ALWAYS be His firstborn and His precious people! 

When HE brings them back to Israel this will be the sign of HIS second coming... 

Just my thoughts, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

It does not. That is pulpit speak and I have heard it before. If the Pandemic has done one thing for all of us, it has caused us to think for ourselves just a little and not check our brains in at the (closed) church door. Pastors have a difficult life and I would be afraid to be one. They often get weekly 'head office' notes and preach accordingly. So we have to be careful about using a preacher's 'analogy' too deeply and always we must remember they are NOT inspired as the scripture writers were.

They're responsible for much, of this there's no doubt. Because of their accountability they have much to answer for. It's impossible to list every caveat when writing (or speaking) about any given matter. It's humanly impossible. 

It's been my experience that churches have done great harm to the flock but this assertion is loaded with a dizzying array of caveats. This might be properly regarded as something which doesn't need to be pointed out, but in this post I'll point some of these out. 

The Lord's sheep are found in the churches of today...
Just as His sheep are scattered all over this world of men. We're everywhere, friends. 

We see things darkly and know only in part which itself is not sin. There was a time when I came before the Lord in tears, despairing of my many errors, and I pleaded with the Almighty to destroy me. What I've intimated in jest (I'm an idiot!) I've cried out to the Lord with all sincerity. As one of our siblings in Christ pointed out recently, there are times when the Lord's answer throws us for a loop. 

I was not expecting the response of His Spirit. Speak truly, and answer according to the lessons I have imparted to you: What do you repent of? Tell Me so that you may see with your eyes and understand in your heart. 

Yeah. I was repenting of being a man. I reeled at the absurdity of it all. 

And how can I repent of that which I have no power over? So I am a man, and this pleases the Lord who fashioned me by His hand; why then am I afraid in His presence? Because I cannot change what God has decreed. Have I forgotten His teaching so swiftly? 

What Jesus Christ works in us proceeds with this weakness we bear, for in weakness His power is perfected. So I'm an idiot... so what? It's not like I'm the only idiot in His hand. ;)  

Edited by Marathoner
typo

8 minutes ago, leah777 said:

That is interesting, but not an answer to my question. Where is scripture to back up what you have written about a fig tree generation in the future from when it is written? The fig tree was  talked about as being in the present tense, not a gap of 1850 years or so from writing the scripture.

Leah, if you do not mind, would you please share your thoughts and understanding of how the fig tree parable is or was speaking in the then present tense?

We all have the same Scripture so, unless I am mistaken, these verses will:

1) speak to the then present time, 

2) speak to the future time, or,

3) have both applications.

I look forward to seeing how you understand this parable.

Best wishes, Charlie 

6 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Leah, if you do not mind, would you please share your thoughts and understanding of how the fig tree parable is or was speaking in the then present tense?

We all have the same Scripture so, unless I am mistaken, these verses will:

1) speak to the then present time, 

2) speak to the future time, or,

3) have both applications.

I look forward to seeing how you understand this parable.

Best wishes, Charlie 

verse 30.

16 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

their language has EVER come back from extinction other than the Jewish nation-

the language was never extinct. Groups of Jewish people were never extinct. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, leah777 said:

verse 30.

Verse 30 of... can / would you mind commenting on verse 30 since we both have access to it and there appears to be more than one interpretation... If SONshine simply responded to you with  the same response you gave me ... verse 30, would that have worked for you?

Charlie