Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I believe in the futurist viewpoint of the book of Revelation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

As I see it they(those mentioned above) attempted to restructure Biblical end times and events. How do you see the end times playing out?

I still see an end times false prophet at the very end. I still see that God takes Christians to be with Him in glory through an event that looks a lot like the "rapture" only not on the timeline many think. There are clearly events that haven't happened yet. Most of them pretty horrible things.

If we read the Bible without all of that hoopla I think we continue to get events that haven't happened yet and a time when we will be resurrected to be with the Lord. While I agree with your conclusions as to why we have the false or inaccurate teachings in place in many churches and the reasons why these teachings came to be, I think we need to then clarify the real narrative. 

If we swing the pendulum too far the opposite direction and say all of it already happened, this isn't accurate either. To those who are young in the Lord, my concern is they will simply think it has all happened. Nothing to see here. Move along. We know the Lord hasn't returned the second time. I think there is still lots of unfulfilled prophecy in the Bible. 

Do you agree?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Nothing that is in the book of Revelation has happened yet. The historical view of Revelation is dangerous. 

Revelation 22: 18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

53 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Nothing that is in the book of Revelation has happened yet. The historical view of Revelation is dangerous. 

Revelation 22: 18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Given that logic, as is the futurist view.

Most importantly--the Lord knows the heart and His Grace covers all--pertaining the His own.

The real danger is to be dogmatic without rock solid scriptural basis and in terms of eschatology, regardless of how certain a mind may be--that mind may very well be in error. An honest and sincere believer does him or her self a justice and pleases the Lord, when this posture is present.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The historicist view does not say that "all has been fulfilled" ... that is "full preterism" or "partial preterism.

It was Sir Isaac Newton (who wrote more on prophecy than his scientific studies) said ... we are not to become prophets (a form of futurism) but rather to recognize the event when it comes to pass.

The ten nation alliance out of Europe did come to pass in recent years and its member nations summed at 666.

The "false prophet" did come to pass in the form of the Vatican hierarchy ... the meaning of Vatican is from the word "vatic" which means "prophet or prophecy".

The papacy does "cause fire to come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men" but most do not recognize the fire, and note that the fire does not come from heaven above, but rather from "heaven on the earth" ... ie Vatican City.

A pope in recent years titled name summed at 666 in three different languages and fulfilled the prophecy of Rev 6:2 ... the rider on white horse with crown and bow.

The futurist "watchmen" were asleep on their watch.

However, this will likely not be believed until God destroys Vatican City (Mystery, Babylon) and then futurists will be in chaos saying ... where is the image, mark and numbered beast?  this was all supposed to happen prior to the destruction of Vatican City ... according to futurism.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

4 hours ago, canada said:

The historicist view does not say that "all has been fulfilled" ... that is "full preterism" or "partial preterism.

I think a fair study of the Bible comes back with clear correlations to the 70AD fall of Jerusalem matching passages in Matt. 24. The churches addressed in the first part of Revelation are not necessarily end times churches. 

The RCC and the popes are seen by me as a continued succession of the AC. I believe there will be THE anti christ at the end. Whoever fills those shoes will be him. Revelation describes a personage not an organization, although the organization will certainly be a part of it.

I don't think anyone can conclusively say some events thought to be future haven't happened. I believe many have happened and we can show it. Neither can we say there aren't events that are yet to happen. That one is very obvious.

4 hours ago, canada said:

However, this will likely not be believed until God destroys Vatican City (Mystery, Babylon) and then futurists will be in chaos saying ... where is the image, mark and numbered beast?  this was all supposed to happen prior to the destruction of Vatican City ... according to futurism.

So how do you see the mark of the beast on the hand and/or on the forehead? How would you say this has already happened? Thanks.

The extreme futurist says none of it has happened. 

If a person ( not speaking directly to you or anyone else) has  by study discounted what won't happen, that person still needs to fill in the blanks. I don't claim to know exactly since this is ongoing study. I'm willing to be proven wrong. I feel very strongly that the whole rapture/7 year tribulation is something that anyone who believes it should study for themselves because frankly there seem to be more than a few holes in it. What this doesn't mean about my view- It doesn't mean I don't think Christ will return for us. It doesn't mean I don't see cataclysmic events happening in the future according to God's word. It doesn't mean I write off either all historic or all futurist views. People tend to want to label. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Bump

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Starise said:  “So how do you see the mark of the beast and/or on the forehead?  How would you say this has already happened?  Thanks.”

It is so obvious ... yet we are blind to see it.

At the baptism of the infant follower of Romanism, the priest dips his right hand into the font and with his thumb places the mark upon the forehead of the infant.

On Ash Wednesday, the priest places his right hand into the ashes and with his thumb places the mark upon the forehead of the adult follower of the beast.

This is where the term “being under the thumb of Rome” is derived from.

And how is a Roman Catholic identified? .

By making the mark with his right hand ... not the left.

When God destroys Vatican City, it will be an ever burning witness to the world of its corruption and distortion of God’s Word that no one will buy into the religion of Rome except those that already possess the mark.

Romanism will no longer be able to sell their brand of religion, except to those that already possess the mark.

This will likely fall upon deaf ears ... until God destroys Vatican City.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Why does any of these differing opinions matter, if we are prepared for Christ's second coming - THE "RAPTURE."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1