• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,688
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Starise said:

Hi Charlie,

The way I look at this is there should never be any contradictions period. Neither is a study of biblical prophecy for a new or relatively new believer probably a good idea in my opinion until they have some other foundations laid first and especially to make decisions when not all texts have been considered first because scripture interprets or confirms other scripture. People often use the books of Daniel and Revelation for prophetic study, yet there are numerous other references to prophecies elsewhere in the bible too. 

I mostly study making mental notes and keeping internet links to references I think will help. Having said that, when it comes to an in depth study of end times prophecy notes for me are probably a prerequisite. As a person who hates taking notes and keeping study records, I am going to admit that here,  it's probably necessary. Unless you have a very sharp memory and can recall all of the data you are going to be digging up. There are lots of things that people try to connect that don't really fit. 

I don't claim to be a guru of end times prophecy. I do claim to see that what most of us who were in certain denominations have been taught might very well be untrue, at least in the sense that we were taught it. Many well meaning men who thought they were telling us the truth, in fact, were not. It might be an advantage to someone who was never exposed because they can start off from square one with no inhibitions. My main advice would be not to look at what someone says it says or what we think it says. Look at what it says :)

Thank you Starise! 

Your comment is well taken and that is exactly what I had done in my study of Daniel. I read those many commentators and expository who are responsible for “today’s accepted” interpretations. I attempted repeatedly to try and understand how their interpretations “fit” certain verses, phrases, etc., within those 12 chapters. They just did not work for me yet at that time I certainly could not offer an alternative.

I wrote down 10 issues throughout the 12 chapters that I believe needed to be better understood / studied before I could accept them and then move on to Revelation (I was told to study Daniel before I attempted Revelation).

I focused on these 10 very difficult issues and eventually came away with some very different interpretations from “today’s accepted” views. 

The paper presented by Justin on Daniel 9 and this mythical AC figure was certainly one or more of these 10 misunderstood or misinterpreted verses / issues in Daniel (to me). But the ones identified by Justin were not simply differences in one’s interpretation but one purposefully designed to direct the Christian community away from seeing the papacy as the “little horn” of Daniel. 

This new interpretation was indeed one commissioned by the RCC to the Jesuits to remove this “little horn” label from their letterhead. And through their immense power and force they would push their interpretation throughout their churches. It should not be too much for us to see how they could have accomplished this- their congregations knew Scripture only through their priests, up to this time all the  bibles were in Latin, they precluded lay people to read the Bible... on and on! When the Reformation began folks began to hear different interpretations or opinions on what this bible was saying... 

But back to Daniel... This was such an important prophetic book that spoke about this 4th kingdom of Daniel. Who was this “beast”, this “little horn”, these very difficult verses- “the abomination that causes desolation”... 

But for me, Daniel was a mess of interpretations that had no continuity, message or purpose... with the exception on chapter 12 and perhaps the last quarter of chapter 11, today’s accepted interpretations are an attempt to match our history books... Because the first 5 or 6 chapters are indeed historical they also have many important spiritual messages. And I have found their approach to the last 6 chapters are also interpreted in a historical manner ... and that has caused many incorrect interpretations.

So, I have not been willing to accept “today’s accepted” interpretations... 

Charlie

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

THE GREAT TRIBULATION as spoken to the Israelis and not some future circa +2000 years.

1.              Between Passover AD 65 and Passover AD 66 Josephus records 7 miraculous signs as predicted by Jesus Christ.

2.              Around January AD 66, unrest in Caesarea between the Greeks and Jews is caused when Greeks erect new buildings that hindered access to the Jewish synagogue. (Josephus Wars 2.285-286)

3.              March AD 66: Book of Revelation arrives in Jerusalem: Seven autograph copies of the Book of Revelation arrive in Jerusalem via the seven messengers of the 7 Churches of Asia (Rev 2-3). This is likely when the first wave of Christians fled the city. They would follow the 7 messengers back to the 7 churches and find support and refuge. Like the Babylonian Captivity, there were three waves of the righteous who left the city. This first wave in early spring of AD 66 corresponds to the first message of Jeremiah to “leave it all behind” in 605 BC where Daniel, Meshach Shadrach and Abednego all voluntarily surrendered to Nebuchadnezzar upon his arrival in in the Summer of 605 BC. (Jer 21:8-10) This first wave is the spiritual “cream of the crop” and they would be of great spiritual help to the weaker churches in Revelation in both encouragement and knowledge of the Old Testament. These Christians were able to take some of their wealth, even selling lands/houses/possessions and would be in Asia before any of the war reached Jerusalem.

4.              A few days before Passover AD 66, 3 million Jews gathered in Jerusalem to complain to Cestius Gallus about the evils of Judean governor Florus. (Wars 2.280-283). The war started in the mind of Roman appointed governor of Judea, Florus on Passover. When the Jews complained bitterly about his treachery to Syrian governor Cestius, Florus laughed at the Jews.

5.              Passover, Monday 28th April AD 66: The 7 miraculous signs recorded by Josephus end when the miraculous comet and star disappear after being visible since Passover AD 65.

6.              On Friday, 16th May AD 66 (Sixteen days after Passover AD 66) Florus visits Caesarea and accepts a bribe of 8 talents from the Jews to stop construction of buildings that hinder access to their synagogue. Florus leaves for Sebaste without doing as promised. (Wars 2.287-288)

7.              One day later, on Sabbath, 17th May AD 66 (17 days after Passover) The local Greeks desecrating the synagogue with an upside down clay jar of dead birds that had been sacrificed to idols at the entrance of the synagogue. Florus begins provoking the Jews into war as a pretext of stealing their money in the Jerusalem temple.

8.              17th May AD 66: Florus travels immediately down to Caesarea and deliberately pollutes a Jewish synagogue on the Sabbath.

9.              Monday 25th Aug 66 (14th Av): The war spreads Jerusalem. The liberate Jerusalem begins on the festival of Xylophory on Monday 25th Aug 66 [14th Av] It is nothing short of incredible that the beginning of the destruction of Jerusalem by fire was by Jews who used the wood donated during the festival of Xylophory for the Altar of Burnt offerings in the temple. Talk about creating their own “literal Holocaust” with the wood used for the Jewish temple Altar!

10.          28th August AD 66: Manahem arrives at Jerusalem and surrounds the city fulfilling Lk 21:20 but is killed on 15th September AD 66. (Wars 2.433-440) This was likely when the second wave the Christians fled the city. After entering the city as a leader, he was finally defeated and fled the city on 15th September AD 66. While the Jews would have felt safe, the Christians knew disaster was near for the city. This corresponds to the second attack of Nebuchadnezzar on Jerusalem on 9th December 598 BC when Jehoiachin/Jeconiah/Coniah and Ezekiel obey the order of Jeremiah and surrender voluntarily (2 Kings 24:10-16). They are deported along with a group of 3023 Jews who surrendered by Nebuzaradan: Jer 52:29. These would likely have been caught up in the weedy and rocky soils of life (parable of the sower) but they finally obeyed the second command to leave. They would likely only get out of the city with the easiest of possessions to convert to cash.

11.          28th August AD 66: Christians begin to flee the city on 28th August AD 66, which is the day Manahem first surrounds Jerusalem.

12.          15th September AD 66: Jerusalem is liberated 15th September AD 66 when Manahem is killed: Wars 2.433-440

13.          25th September AD 66: Jerusalem surrounded a second time by Jewish armies: Herod Agrippa II sends Syrian Governor Cestius and his Roman army to set up camp 6 miles outside Jerusalem to attempt to restore peace but the Jews attack and repel the Roman army. (Wars 2.516) The city is surrounded a second time by Jewish armies around 25th September AD 66 to defend against all the approaching Roman armies. All city gates are guarded on the outside. (Josephus Wars 2.522)

14.          October AD 66: Agrippa sent two ambassadors named Phebus and Borceus to apologize to the Jews of the city in an effort to end the war. The Jews killed Phebus and wounded Borceus who escaped the city. (Wars 2.521)

15.          Nov 3, AD 66 While the Jews in the city were in a state of disorganization, Syrian Governor Cestius Gallus sets up his army on mount Scopus, 1 km from the temple mount but did not attack for three full days to see if the deliberate pause in the fighting might cause the Jews to calm down and stop the war. (Wars 2.528)

16.          About Nov 10, AD 66: Roman Syrian Governor Cestius Gallus, withdraws his armies secretly to Antipatris and stops attacking Jerusalem: The Romans begin attacking the city walls but Cestius devised a trick to secretly retreat his army to Antipatris. (Wars 2.551). The Jews took possession of many mechanical war machines like the Ballista that the Roman’s left behind. (Wars 2.554). This was likely when the third wave of Christians fled the city. Persecutions from the Jews would have begun and they likely left with only what they could take in a panic after the Roman armies left. While the Jews were bringing in Ballista and Scorpion machines of war into the city, the Christians were fleeing the city. This corresponds to the third deportation of 587 BC when 832 Jews were deported to Babylon upon capture. (Jer 52:29)

17.          December AD 66 Nero sends Vespasian to destroy Jerusalem: “So Nero esteemed these circumstances as favorable omens, and saw that Vespasian’s age gave him sure experience, and great skill, and that he had his sons as hostages for his fidelity to himself, and that the flourishing age they were in would make them fit instruments under their father’s prudence. Perhaps also there was some interposition of Providence, which was paving the way for Vespasian’s being himself emperor afterwards. (7) Upon the whole he sent this man to take upon him the command of the armies that were in Syria; but this not without great encomiums and flattering compellations, such as necessity required, and such as might mollify him into complaisance. (8) So Vespasian sent his son Titus from Achaia, where he had been with Nero, to Alexandria, to bring back with him from thence the fifth and tenth legions, while he himself, when he had passed over the Hellespont, came by land into Syria, where he gathered together, the Roman forces, with a considerable number of auxiliaries from the kings in that neighborhood.” (Josephus Wars 3.6-8)

18.          Jan AD 66 – Aug AD 70: Some Christians were able to bribe or sneak their way out of Jerusalem and immediately surrender to either Vespasian or Titus. This is likely the 4th wave of Christians to leave the city. This corresponds to the 4th deportation of 582 Jews who ignored all commands to surrender and fled from Jerusalem to Egypt only to be captured by Nebuchadnezzar. (Jer 44:30; 52:30; Josephus Antiquities 10:181) These Christians refused to leave the city with the first three waves and were trapped inside after Jan AD67. If they made it out alive they were likely the ones who were sent to Pella by Titus. These lost every material possession for their disobedience to Christ because they were worldly and lukewarm Christians. In hindsight, they regret not leaving when they first read the book of Revelation when in arrived early Spring AD 66.

19.          Titus arrives to destroy Jerusalem: 7th March AD 70

20.          Daily Temple Sacrifices Stop: 14th July AD 70, Sabbath [17 Tammuz/Panemus]: Synchronism with Daniel 8:9-14 & Daniel 11:21-45 Abomination of Desolation= John stops temple sacrifices: Daniel 8:9-14 and Daniel 11:21-45 = Mt 24 = Josephus Wars 6.93-129

21.          6th August AD 70: Temple burned.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest kingdombrat
On 3/19/2021 at 7:31 AM, Justin Adams said:

The Roman Catholic Church had Jesuit Priest Francisco Ribera, a brilliant man with a doctorate in theology, write a 500 page commentary with an **opposing view, where he manipulated prophecies in the books of Daniel and Revelation, to create an end-time 7-year tribulation antichrist. (**opposing the reformed idea that the pope was the antichrist)

The most important passage that they manipulated is the 70 Weeks of Daniel prophecy in Daniel 9:24-27. 

This idea, called Futurism, deferred accusations away from the Roman Catholic Church and the Papacy, so Rome quickly adopted this viewpoint as the Church’s official position on the Antichrist.

Following close behind Francisco Ribera was another brilliant Jesuit scholar, Cardinal Robert Bellarmine of Rome.

Cardinal Bellarmine promoted Ribera’s concepts in his work “Polemic Lectures Concerning the Disputed points of the Christian Belief Against the Heretics of this Time“.

In 1812 a Roman Jesuit priest named Manuel de Lacunza published the work ‘The Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty‘ under the pen name of ‘Juan Josafat Ben-Ezra’, a converted Jew.

John Henry Newman promoted the Jesuits concepts in England.

Then came John Henry Newman, a member of the Church of England and a leader of the famous Oxford Movement.

In 1850, Newman wrote his “Letter on Anglican Difficulties,” revealing that one of his goals in the Oxford movement was to absorb “the various English denominations and parties” back into the Church of Rome.

John Nelson Darby created the concept of Dispensationalism.

In the midst of this growing anti-Protestant climate in England arose John Nelson Darby – a brilliant lawyer, pastor, and theologian, who wrote more than 53 books on Bible subjects and is credited as the father of Dispensationalism.

One of the most important figures in the spread of these false doctrines is Cyrus Ingerson Scofield, a lawyer from Kansas who was greatly influenced by the writings of Darby.

In 1909, Scofield published the first edition of his famous ‘Scofield Reference Bible‘, which injected large doses of Futurism in the commentaries.

This Bible became so popular in American Protestant Bible schools that it was necessary to print literally millions of copies.

This was the beginning of the end of American Protestant Christianity and a proper exegetical understanding of prophecy and the Scripture.

The Scofield Study Bible was received by Congregationalists, Baptists, and some Presbyterian denominations.

Lewis Sperry Chafer brought Scofield’s teachings to the Dallas Theological Seminary.

Lewis Sperry Chafer, an American theologian, became associated with the ministry of Scofield, who became his mentor.

Dallas Theological Seminary is the key place where the Jesuit concepts were taught to thousands of Pastors, including today’s top TV and radio personalities.

http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-times-deceptions/jesuit-end-times-antichrist-deception/

Amen!

Only the truly [Blinded] accept the false concoction of the Pre-Trib Rapture!

1 hour ago, anynmsfmly said:

Or if it is not teached in mainstream.

It is literal and horrific!!

Read all of Josephus' account. https://josephusonline.weebly.com/jewish-war.html#

Here is another anthology plus comments. I cannot vouch for this but most of it seems OK. Read with care. It is horrible!!

https://www.bible.ca/revelation/Bible-Only-Revelation-Commentary-Josephus-Chronology-Destruction-Jerusalem-First-Jewish-War-70AD.htm

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

It is literal and horrific!!

Read all of Josephus' account. https://josephusonline.weebly.com/jewish-war.html#

Here is another anthology plus comments. I cannot vouch for this but most of it seems OK. Read with care. It is horrible!!

https://www.bible.ca/revelation/Bible-Only-Revelation-Commentary-Josephus-Chronology-Destruction-Jerusalem-First-Jewish-War-70AD.htm

Justin,

So if we were to conclude that these events describe the events as noted in your references, what do you see as future prophetic events?

The simple answer is anything that hasn't happened yet. In your view what would that be?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

20 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

a) It caused Christians to accept "he" in Daniel 9:27 to be some mythical boogeyman we refer to as the AC instead of the Messiah,

I am really lost just as curious to know how it was concluded that 'he' is the Messiah.   I am having a hard time following your present line of thought, so hopefully there is a simple place for you to say "HERE is where we go in different directions".  

OR just tell me, if you know,  the best place to go and find your already written explanation and I will do that. 

( you know I can't follow without scripture, so it is for me, not you).  

So just to take this on its very own,
Daniel 9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem

unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks and threescore and two weeks the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

FIRST,  Do you agree this is the timing?

Nehemiah 2:1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence  2 Wherefore the king said unto me....So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.

If yes, OK.   If no, then when? 

That year would be 454BC?  The starting point of the prophesy?

And that 454BC + 7 weeks (49 years) would take us to 405 BC? Jerusalem rebuild?

And that 405BC + 62 weeks (434 years) would take us to 29AD? Cutting off of Messiah?

Leaving the ONE last week to 1 finish the transgression, make an end of sins, make reconciliation for the iniquity, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up the vision and the prophecy? 

Do you believe that that last week has come  (past) or shall come, at the end of this age,  and was or will be accomplished by

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary
and the end thereof shall be with a flood and unto the end of the war desolations are determined and he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week?

With Messiah being the 'he' how does he confirm and why with many?

How do you go from 'the prince that shall come' in that sentence, to the 'he' being someone else?  I am no english major by any means but reading those sentences, as put forth, that pronoun can only (as I read it) belong to the only 'person' having been mentioned.   

And why Christ?

That is where I am having a hard time following. for sure. 
(though I suspect it may be way more than that)

For me, this "he" can't be anyone but Satan/instead of Christ/deceiver/desolator etc.?  (whose workings have been since the beginning, known as the mystery of iniquity/synagogue of Satan, who have been responsible for not only the death of Christ but all of the evils in this world.)

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I am really lost just as curious to know how it was concluded that 'he' is the Messiah.   I am having a hard time following your present line of thought, so hopefully there is a simple place for you to say "HERE is where we go in different directions".  

OR just tell me, if you know,  the best place to go and find your already written explanation and I will do that. 

( you know I can't follow without scripture, so it is for me, not you).  

So just to take this on its very own,
Daniel 9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem

unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks and threescore and two weeks the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

FIRST,  Do you agree this is the timing?

Nehemiah 2:1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence  2 Wherefore the king said unto me....So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.

If yes, OK.   If no, then when? 

That year would be 454BC?  The starting point of the prophesy?

And that 454BC + 7 weeks (49 years) would take us to 405 BC? Jerusalem rebuild?

And that 405BC + 62 weeks (434 years) would take us to 29AD? Cutting off of Messiah?

Leaving the ONE last week to 1 finish the transgression, make an end of sins, make reconciliation for the iniquity, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up the vision and the prophecy? 

Do you believe that that last week has come  (past) or shall come, at the end of this age,  and was or will be accomplished by

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary
and the end thereof shall be with a flood and unto the end of the war desolations are determined and he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week?

How do you go from 'the prince that shall come' in that sentence, to the 'he' being someone else?  I am no english major by any means but reading those sentences, as put forth, that pronoun can only (as I read it) belong to the only 'person' having been mentioned.   

And why Christ?

That is where I am having a hard time following. for sure. 
(though I suspect it may be way more than that)

For me, this "he" can't be anyone but Satan/instead of Christ/deceiver/desolator etc.?  (whose workings have been since the beginning, known as the mystery of iniquity/synagogue of Satan, who have been responsible for not only the death of Christ but all of the evils in this world.)

DeighAnn, I just sent you a PM on this issue....I hope it might answer some of your questions and please also note the post from Justin within this subject.

Please ask any questions where you still need more information or interpretations... "today's accepted interpretations" are thoroughly corrupted - most notably by the RCC themselves, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Starise said:

The simple answer is anything that hasn't happened yet. In your view what would that be?

That is a loaded question. Ok.

There will be an almighty battle at Har-m-gedd-on (Hebrew). The MT of the Lord God, Jerusalem.

'Safon' is the north where many foes originate in Israel since it it the region noted as the gates of hell where Mt Hermon is. The same place the 'angels that sinned' descended long ago. So I think that the denizens of the deep (rephaim) will accumulate there and threaten Israel.

From the prophets on down, it looks like a COSMIC battle where God cleans house in heaven and the earth. I see humans alongside the Heavenly Battle Groups (as in heaven, so also on the earth). It will be amazing and we all will have a hand in the culmination of the victory of The One Who sits on the Throne...

It will not be quite as we popularly envisage I do not think, but far more foreboding and comprehensive. A battle for all the marbles. Chaos will not just be merely tamed (as it is now) but it will be obliterated.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

405 BC + 434 years + 1 year for 0 BC/AD = 30 AD = Jesus = Messiah = end of  sanctuary sacrifices

46 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Daniel 9:27  And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

one week = 7 years in prophecy. Messiah brings in new covenant mid week at 3½ years then next 3½ years covenant is extended to many through preaching the gospel > Paul the apostle and gentiles also receive the Holy Spirit. 

9:27b on the wing of abominations ... Rome and her continued abominations ... poured out on the desolator ... when that city is burned with flaming fire.

Edited by Waggles

8 minutes ago, SONshine said:

Amen.

[25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The decree, issued by king Cyrus, to restore and rebuild Jerusalem went forth in 454 B.C., the twentieth year of Artaxerxes.

So we have 7 weeks, which is 7 x 7 or 49 years (from 454 B.C. to 405 B.C.) plus 62 weeks, which is 62 x 7 or 434 years (from 405 B.C. to 29 A.D., the crucifixion). That gives us a total of 69 weeks, which is 69 x 7 or 483 years.  However, since the "total time" of this prophecy is 490 years, we are short one week. There is yet one week to be fulfilled before all the events are "sealed up.”

Note:  The events in the next verse happen AFTER the 483 years, which is AFTER the crucifixion.  They happen at the time of the end during Daniel's 70th week.

[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for Himself...

Christ was "cut off,” crucified, and that was He Himself who died on the cross, but there will come a time when He is cut off "but not for Himself,” i.e. the daily sacrifice shall be cut off from the hearts and the minds of the people by the Desolator himself.  

So we have a gap from the 69th week until the 70th week when Messiah is cut off.  That will be during the last week of this age when the desolator will come and destroy wonderfully (with wonders) and destroy with peace the souls of men and women and cause the daily sacrifice to be taken away, i.e. Will cause the Messiah to be cut off from the people.

With all due respect, I see this a little differently.. 

1) from the time of the decree until the end of the 69th week, or 483 years, all of the physical “things” that must be restored as they were before the Jews were taken to Babylon were now completed. 

This means that God identified those “things” that would be restored in each of the 3 periods of the 70 weeks. This was extremely purposeful since the most important / remaining item to be restored would be the only item that was kept in Jerusalem and hidden by Jeremiah- the ARK. Without the ARK, the Temple and all the vessels and ceremonies would be worthless- there would be NO presence of God as it must be - Tabernacle or the Temple. This is why God had Jeremiah take the ARK before Nebuchadnezzar arrived!

So, at the end of the 69th week is when the final piece of the “restoration” would be completed. The “Restoration” would not be complete until the Messiah could stand in the Holy Place and replace the ARK. 

God identified us the exact timing of the coming Messiah- it was exactly on the first day of the 70th week. Jesus was baptized by John in the Jordan on day #1 of the last week in Daniel.

His ministry would last exactly 3.5 years and be crucified, which was “in the midst of the week (Daniel’s last week). He would be “cut off” (crucified), “but not for Himself” (died for our sins). His death was the reason the “sacrifices would cease” (He would be the perfect and final sacrifice and eliminate any further need for animal sacrifices).  

Despite all the previous times in Israel’s history of disobedience and idolatry, God would always sent a prophet or judge or king in his mercy of His people.

But God seemed to have almost reached His limit and sent them to Babylon for 70 years. Now, He would once again restore His people, land, city and the Temple- all of these things MUST be in place for the coming Messiah. 

But now the Jews would not just commit idolatry or be disobedient to God... now they would reject their expected coming Messiah AND commit the most horrendous and horrific act that would EVER occur- they crucified their Messiah and their God! 

This is what Daniel is speaking about when he writes about the “ABOMINATION”. - the act committed against God Himself. There is nothing in the near or far future of mankind that could possibly come close to this act. Some attempt to explain this means the destruction of the Temple- either at 70AD or some 2000 years in the future. Ridiculous! Neither one of the Temples would have ANY importance, value or meaning to God any more- the two Temples were extremely important but they both were a type and shadow of the coming Messiah- their mission was accomplished. It would mean absolutely “zero” should today’s Jews construct a 3rd Temple- it would be just a bunch of stones placed neatly together. The physical Temple standing at 70 AD was the same- meaningless but still thought important to those Jews who had not accepted Jesus. As a result of their “ABOMINABLE” act, God would show His wrath against His people and have Titus completely destroy the Temple, the land, the city and His people! Complete “DESOLATION”. 

Now, this interpretation, which is the complete story and purpose of Daniel’s 70 weeks, has been corrupted by the RCC by its gross and purposeful misinterpretations of Daniel 9, AND all of those commentators and expositors falling right behind them, we would see the Messiah is Daniel and not some boogeymen referred to as the AC AND where this character is brought forward to corrupt Revelation.

Just my thoughts, Charlie 

• Well Said! 1