• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

LOVING  AND  TRUSTING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

MATTHEW 10:37  HE  THAT  LOVETH  FATHER  OR  MOTHER  MORE  THAN  ME  IS  NOT  WORTHY  OF  ME  AND  HE  THAT  LOVETH  SON  OR  DAUGHTER  MORE  THAN  ME  IS  NOT  WORTHY  OF  ME 

JOB 1:11 but put forth thine hand now and touch all that he hath and he will curse thee to thy face 

--1:12-- AND  THE  LORD  SAID  UNTO  SATAN  BEHOLD  ALL  THAT  HE  HATH  IS  IN  THY  POWER  ONLY  UPON  HIMSELF  PUT  NOT  FORTH  THINE  HAND  SO  SATAN  WENT  FORTH  FROM  THE  PRESENCE  OF  THE  LORD  

JOHN 19:10  then saith pilate unto  HIM  speakest thou not unto me knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee and have power to release thee 

--19:11-- JESUS  ANSWERED  THOU  COULDEST  HAVE  NO POWER  AT  ALL  AGAINST  ME  EXCEPT  IT  WERE  GIVEN  THEE  FROM  ABOVE  THEREFORE  HE  THAT  HATH  DELIVERED  ME  UNTO  THEE  HATH  THE  GREATER  SIN 

--19:21--AND  FROM  THENCEFORTH  PILATE  SOUGHT  TO  RELEASE  HIM  BUT  THE  JEWS  CRIED  OUT  SAYING  IF  THOU  LET  THIS  MAN  GO  THOU  ART  NOT  CEASARS  FRIEND  WHOSOEVER  MAKETH  HIMSELF  A  KING  SPEAKETH  AGAINST  CEASAR

JOHN 15:14  you are --MY  FRIENDS-- if  you  do  whatsoever  I  command  you

ACTS 5:3  but peter said ananias why hath satan filled thine heart to lie to the holy spirit and to keep back part of the price of the land --5:4-- whiles it remained was it not thine own and after it was sold was it not in thine own power why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart thou hast not lied unto men but unto  GOD --5:5-- and ananias hearing these words fell down and gave up the spirit and great fear came on all them that heard these things 

REVELATION 21:18  BUT  THE  FEARFUL  AND  UNBELIEVING  AND  THE  ABOMINABLE AND  MURDERERS  AND  WHOREMONGERS  AND  SORCERERS  AND  IDOLATERS  ----AND  ALL  LIARS---- SHALL  HAVE  THEIR  PART  IN  THE  LAKE  WHICH  BURNETH  WITH  FIRE  AND  BRIMSTONE  WHICH  IS  THE  SECOND  DEATH  

ACTS 5:7  and it was about the space of three hours after when his wife not knowing what was done came in  --5:8-- and peter answered unto her tell me whether you sold the land for so much and she said yea for so much --5:9-- then peter said unto her how is it that you have agreed together to tempt the spirit of  THE  LORD  behold the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door and shall carry thee out 

--5:10-- THEN  FELL  SHE  DOWN  STRAIGHTWAY AT  HIS  FEET  AND  YIELDED UP  THE  SPIRIT  AND  THE  YOUNG  MEN  CAME  IN  AND  FOUND  HER  DEAD  AND  CARRYING  HER  FORTH  BURIED  HER  BY  HER  HUSBAND 

--5:11-- AND  GREAT  FEAR  CAME  UPON  ALL  THE  CHURCH  AND  UPON  AS  MANY  AS  HEARD  THESE  THINGS 

PSALM 37:40  AND  THE  LORD  SHALL  HELP  THEM  AND  DELIVER  THEM  HE  SHALL  DELIVER  THEM  FROM  THE  WICKED  AND  SAVE  THEM  ----BECAUSE  THEY  TRUST  IN  HIM----

2 TIMOTHY 4:18  AND  THE  LORD  SHALL  DELIVER  ME  FROM  EVERY  EVIL  WORK  AND  WILL PRESERVE  ME  UNTO  HIS  HEAVENLY  KINGDOM  TO  WHOM  BE  GLORY  FOR  EVER  AND  EVER      AMEN

PSALM 145:20  THE  LORD  PRESERVETH  ALL  THEM  THAT  LOVE  HIM  BUT  --ALL--  THE  WICKED  WILL HE  DESTROY 

JOHN 14:14  IF  YOU  SHALL  ASK  ANYTHING  IN  MY  NAME  I  WILL DO  IT

JOHN 14:15  IF  YOU  LOVE ME  KEEP  MY  COMMANDMENTS 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I do not know where you all are with this topic but I am having kind of an issue. My mother can not cook. Well she can cook. But we don't want to eat it. She keeps making stuff and bringing it over to us to eat The food is bad and I end up tossing in out because no one will eat it. Then my mother will ask me if I like the pie, cake, soup or whatever. And I tell her it was fine. As I do not have the heart to tell her that we can not eat her cooking. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Many years ago, when I was having difficulty with a particular employee, an older colleague told to help him find a job before I fired him. That seemed odd to me at the time but it worked. The concept is generalizable to other situations. 

Find a recipe you like and ask mom to make it. 

Then, assuming the taste is at least pleasant, affirm her (not just the dish she prepared) and let her know anytime she wishes to make you something that is what she should make because she did such a wonderful job. You might then be able to also tell her the kinds of foods or flavors you like. 

When I married I came from a home in which my mother had taken professional cooking classes. I ran group homes and taught folks with developmental disabilities how to plan and cook meals, and I'd lived as a bachelor in various phases of health/dietary fads for many years. My wife did not know how to cook ("On what temperature do I bake chicken breasts, and for how long?").

I'm not a particularly big fan of mayonnaise. My wife likes it. She has recipes for beef stroganoff and quiche that use mayo! :13: Gotta tell her. Also gotta eat what she fixes and offer some degree of appreciation, for the effort at a minimum, if not the dish itself. Appreciation is appreciated. So too is this truth: behavior that is rewarded is much more likely to re-occur. Thank you for dinner..... (then a day or two later), hey, can you maybe find a quiche recipe without mayonnaise and alternate form time to time? And when she does well, "WOW mom! That was deeelicious! (big hug, kisses on the cheek) Thank you, mom, you're so nice."

So find a recipe you like and give it to mom. Then praise her shoes off when she does well and invite her to fix that dish from time to time. Add a different dish from time to time. Pretty soon she'll be a better cook and maybe she'll take those dishes to her friends and say, "My daughter loves this dish so I fixed it for you." ;) 

Unless you're poor she's not cooking because you need the food.

Or - when you get your new job :36: - pay for a cooking French, Italian, or Mediterranean cooking class at the local community college of adult extended learning center. 

Or... just say her cooking needs work and deal with the consequences. Maybe offer to cook with here sometime and either go to her or have her come to you and the two of you so-prepare a dish from a recipe you like. Or do the co-cooking without telling her cooking stinks and in that way offer some mom-daughter time and improve her cooking. 

That is very helpful advice, but the thing is is that my mother dose not like to cook. She makes the easiest thing possible and is not going to put any real effort into it. For example she made banana pie with just banana  pudding in a pie shell with no real bananas. So even if I said to her "well you need to make it this way" example cut up bananas ect ect. She is going to be like "well if you want that than you do it".    LOL :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

For God so loved the world He gave His only son that who ever believes in Him shall not die but have every lasting life.

That is how one is lost..if they do not believe in Jesus Christ. Christ said about the sweet holy Spirit He convicts the world of sin. That SIN is they do not believe in Him.

The thing is its silly to think all that die (that know Christ) have confess every sin. How would He hold a sin against you that He already died for? New man?....sin is doing something thats not you any more.. confess keep going

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,259
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, johnthebaptist said:

So how would the Lord feel about a person who didn't tell the truth, so as to save his daughter?

Seems like a no brainer.
Read a few books of what the persecuted Christians go through in foreign countries.
The danger to divulge truth  to police or officials,
that would mean torture/death to friends/family.
Wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.
Will the lie hurt/harm, or save a life/torture.
I would lie in a heart beat, and suffer God's penalty, if any, gladly.
It's  the purpose behind the deception, I believe, is at question.
(Really  honey, it's OK. You actually look great in curlers and face cream)

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

26 minutes ago, Sower said:

Seems like a no brainer.
Read a few books of what the persecuted Christians go through in foreign countries.
The danger to divulge truth  to police or officials,
that would mean torture/death to friends/family.
Wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.
Will the lie hurt/harm, or save a life/torture.
I would lie in a heart beat, and suffer God's penalty, if any, gladly.
It's  the purpose behind the deception, I believe, is at question.
(Really  honey, it's OK. You actually look great in curlers and face cream)

I agree, but I've run into people who seem to think there is no justification for not telling the truth 100% of the time. I was just trying to come up with an example that would suggest there are times not telling the truth might be the best thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 1