IGNORED

"Jesus. . .will save his people from their sins". (Mt. 1:21) Who are "his people" and when would this happen?

BibleReader

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Some believe this already occurred, others believe it will occur in the future.  What do you believe?  Please provide at least one Bible verse to back up  your answer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I believe this will happen one person at a time, just as it does for us all, I believe the verse all Israel will be saved is speaking of all believers not a piece of land.  believing Jews and gentiles all believers will be saved

Romans 10:9

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"If you believe not that I am He, you shall die in (because of/as a result of) your sins" John 8:24

"If you abide in my words then are you my disciples indeed" John 8:31
"and you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free" John 8:32

We are Abraham's descendants and have never been in bondage 
Why are you saying we shall be set free?
  John 8:33

"Verily I say unto you, whoever practices sin is the slave of sin" John 8:34

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be actually free" John 8:36

"I know you are Abraham's descendants; but you seek to kill me,
because my words (Luke 6:27) have no place in you"
John 8:37

"He that rejects me, and does not receive my words,
has one that judges him, the words that I have spoken,
the same will judge him on the last day"
John 12:48

"He that hears my words and does not put them into practice,
     is like a man that without a foundation, built his house upon the sand,
     the rains and winds came and beat upon the house, and immediately it fell,
     and great was the fall of it"

Luke 6:49 Matthew 7:21-28, John 14:21, 1 Corinthians 16:22, 2 John 1:9-10, 1 Tim 6:3-4

But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Christ from the dead dwells in you,
He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also give life to your mortal bodies,
by His Spirit that is inside of you.
Therefore, brethren, we are not debtors to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if you live after the flesh you shall spiritually die,
but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall spiritually live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Romans 8:11-14

If you confess with your mouth that Joshua of Nazareth is the Messiah,
and believe in your heart that God rose Him from the dead,
you shall be sealed with the Holy Spirit.
   Romans 10:9

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, and self control.
And they that belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
Galatians 5:22-24

They that belong to Christ, have, crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
It's a process that happens in the life of every sincere believer, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

14 hours ago, BibleReader said:

Some believe this already occurred, others believe it will occur in the future.  What do you believe?  Please provide at least one Bible verse to back up  your answer.

"Jesus. . .will save his people from their sins". (Mt. 1:21) Who are "his people" and when would this happen?

Are you referring to Matthew 1:21 or did you mean another verse? 

However what it says here is correct, but I am not sure if we are on the same page. What do you mean " when will this happen?" It happend at the cross 2000 years ago, and his People are all who have believed upon Him from the Crucifiction until today. :mellow:

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,870
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Are you referring to Matthew 1:21 or did you mean another verse? 

However what it says here is correct, but I am not sure if we are on the same page. What do you mean " when will this happen?" It happend at the cross 2000 years ago, and his People are all who have believed upon Him from the Crucifiction until today. :mellow:

Are all who have believe in him from the Cross (till today)

Jesus did not have any people till the time he died on the Cross and who were the first to be included? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,870
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, BibleReader said:

Save His people from their sins.

That needs to be clarified " his people are in their sins" ? 

Who were his people at the time of his birth?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, BibleReader said:

We are saved now. We are a new creation, made new and reconciled to God.  

2nd Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.

Right now we are living in the world of sin, but saved by grace. Its a done deal. And while you can give it away, it cannot be taking away.  And it can never be earned....

Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Also right now we are seated in heavenly places 

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 

Christianity is the only religion where the reward is given upfront so that we can concentrate on doing the things of God, and not on earning our salvation

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,056
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

GODS  PEOPLE /  NOT  HIS  PEOPLE 

HEBREWS 8:10  FOR  THIS  IS  THE  COVENANT  THAT  I  WILL  MAKE  WITH  THE  HOUSE  OF  ISRAEL  AFTER  THOSE  DAYS  I  WILL  PUT  MY  LAWS  INTO  THEIR  MIND  AND  WRITE  THEM  IN  THEIR  HEARTS  AND  I  WILL  BE  TO  THEM  A  GOD  AND  --THEY--  SHALL  BE  UNTO  ME  A  PEOPLE 

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the prophets a  --PROPHET  SHALL  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD--  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me ---HIM--- shall you hear in all things whatsoever  HE  shall say unto you

--3:23-- AND  IT  SHALL  COME  TO  PASS  THAT  EVERY  SOUL  WHICH  WILL  NOT  HEAR  THAT  PROPHET  ---SHALL  BE  DESTROYED  FROM  AMONG  THE  PEOPLE 

1 JOHN 3:10  in this the  --CHILDREN  OF  GOD  ARE  MANIFEST-- and the children of the devil whosoever doeth not righteousness --IS  NOT  OF  GOD-- neither he that loveth not his brother

LUKE 8:21  AND  HE ANSWERED  AND  SAID  UNTO  THEM  MY  MOTHER  AND  MY  BRETHREN  ARE  THESE  WICH  HEAR  THE  WORD  OF  GOD  --AND  DO  IT--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I appreciate all of your responses.  Did Jesus take away the sins of "his people" already?

The apostle Paul seems to be pointing to the future when he speaks of 'taking away their sins'. (Romans 11:25-27)  

• Romans 11:25-27:  "For I do not want you, brothers and sisters, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written:  “The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.” 27 “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”

Are Matthew 1:21 and Romans 1:27 pointing to the same future event?  Your thoughts?  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 3/31/2021 at 1:42 AM, BibleReader said:

‘Behold The Lamb of God, Who ‘takes away’ the sin of the world’. (John 1:29)

Jesus removes original sin (Rom 5)

Past sin(s) (1Cor. 6:9,10,11)

present sin(s)  (1 Thess. 5:23)

future ?? ‘We have an advocate with The Father, Jesus Christ The Righteous-BUT ‘go and sin no more (from now on) ‘lest a worst thing come upon you’.

‘My sheep hear My voice...’ John 10

(anybody who follows Jesus The Christ)

John 3: esp. v. 16-17. It ‘happens’ the moment we are born again. :)