IGNORED

It's A Secret. You're Not Supposed To Know . . . .

JAG**

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

13 minutes ago, popsthebuilder said:

No sir. I am not a trinitarian.

That appears evident to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

That appears evident to me.

I'm not against trinitarians either though. I do believe sound doctrine is key though, and that the doctrine of the trinity is far from sound.

May the will of GOD be done on/ in the earth as it is in heaven.

peace

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

1 John 5 7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,258
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 4/14/2021 at 9:18 PM, Walter Goraj jr said:

Thank you Marilyn. The only problem ( which it's not a problem at all) is that Christ never ceased to be God, knowing the end from the beginning. 

Hi Walter,

Yes I agree that Jesus is God and man. However saying that I need to qualify it. Remember when Jesus was manifest as a man He laid aside some aspects of His Godhead -

1. Omniscience, (all knowing) of people everywhere all the time,

2. Omnipotent, (all powerful) over every realm.

3. Omnipresent, (everywhere present) being in all places at the same time.

Obviously in a human body Jesus could not do all that. However He had His divine nature, which is of God. 

regards, Marilyn. 

7 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

This can get pretty deep. I would want to make sure I have the scripture to back up my understanding. I do not  believe that Christ gave up anything in His divine nature while on earth because He never ceased being One with the Father. In all three points that you make I would be interested in what verse you may have to support them. Thank you. 

Hi Walter,

As to scriptures you can see through all the gospels that Jesus was in a human body, thus he was not `everywhere` present. (Omnipresent) Also He only worked with His human mind and listened to what the Father told Him. Thus Jesus was not listening to everyone all over the world. (Omniscient). Finally Jesus was not all powerful, as it says He could have called down a legion of angels to help Him when about to be crucified. (Omnipotent - all powerful)

So those points are recognized all through the gospels.

Hope that is helpful, Walt, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

But didn’t Jesus know every sin the woman ever committed? And he saw Nathaniel under the fig tree when He wasn’t physically there to see him. Just thoughts. Thanks, Frank ??

15 hours ago, FrankIeCip said:

But didn’t Jesus know every sin the woman ever committed? And he saw Nathaniel under the fig tree when He wasn’t physically there to see him. Just thoughts. Thanks, Frank ??

Hi FrankleCip,

Good point, for the Lord was relying on the Holy Spirit for such insight. And that is open for believers in the Body of Christ also.

Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,240
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"You're not supposed to know things that God does not want you to know, and God obviously does not want you to know everything.  This fact --- that there are some secrets that God does not want you to know --- is one major reason why "without faith it is impossible to"

Making statements like this one needs to back up each with His word you have not. You could have used "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Yet it is also written "For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret/plans to his servants the prophets."

Can God trust you? " Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.  Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful."

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

“I also saw that no one can understand all that God does. People can try and try to understand the things that happen here on earth, but they cannot. There may be wise people who claim to understand the meaning of these things, but they are wrong. No one can understand it all.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8:17‬ ‭ERV‬‬

“Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

On 4/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, BibleReader said:

This is very true.  And at the same time, I'm sure you'd agree that there are many things that we don't know that God wants us to know.

• Colossians 1:9, 10:  ". . .We have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."  
  • Psalm 51:6:  "Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in secret You will make wisdom known to me.."
  • Jeremiah 33:3:  "Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."
  • Psalm 25:14:  "The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant."
  • Proverbs 2:3-6:  ". . .If you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.  For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."  
  • Matthew 7:7, 8:  “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

Amen! Amen! Amen!  All throughout scripture we are advised and taught about the value of wisdom and knowledge.  We will keep seeking until our last breath! My favorite pin to wear at Christmas shows the nativity scene and says "Wise men still seek him!" Praise the Lord!