• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

You think we should all wear masks during flu season? People will die from the Flu

I have worked in retail for years and I was always getting sick from customers. So I wish people would wear a mask whenever they have cold or the flu. They do so in Japan. Don't see why we can not be as considerate. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Trump got the vaccine. Don't most of you here trust Trump??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Too bad you seem more concern with yourself and less about others.  

This is a prime example of making things personal-and making poor assumptions. You make a accusation-a blatantly false accusation, all because you don't agree with my actions. You don't present facts or evidence-just accusations. Most likely because they dont fit your narrative-lets compare the transmission and death rates between North and south dakota-two states, right next to each other with similar demographics-North Dakota had full shutdowns and mask mandates, South dakota had neither, yet if you compare the rates from the CDC theyre almost identical...really seems like a mask works, huh?

Did you know I got Covid? I did. You know who I got it from-my mom, who got it from my brother. Now something you should know about my brother-he always wore masks. from the get go. Outside of his immediate family, the only people he will associate with-wear masks. He got it first and gave it to my family who gave it to me. So I've seen first hand, just how "effective" masks are. I went months without wearing a mask and didnt get it.

Something else you should know about me-due to an oil field accident, I have compromised lungs. Yet I got over the actual Covid virus in under a week. The problem was it gave me pneumonia-which it took me better part of a month to get over. But it didnt kill me.

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Then how come a whole bunch of people are dead?  You all keep saying Covid-19 is not big deal. But what I am seeing is thousands of people being dead. Even young people in their 20's and 30's have died. Children even. And they have yet to know the full long term effects it has the body's of those who have survived.  

Yet I see far times that amount dying from car accidents, yet no ones hiding from their cars. Lets look at the facts...first off, the Coronavirus is not new, its been around forever-this maybe a new strain of it, but its not a new virus. And there has been no long term negative effects from previous strains, and all indicators are that among healthy adults there wont be with this either. 

See if you just look at the numbers who died-it looks scary. Look, we have thousands of people dying...but if you look at percentages, its not that bad. Among healthy adults with strong immune systems and healthy lungs were talking a 98% survival rate, with many exhibiting few to no symptoms. And even among the elderly once you look into it most of the deaths are from people with underlying conditions, such as COPD, compromised immune systems, etc.

I had a good friend who passed away from it. He was about 70, with bad lungs-actually had bones growing inside them. Way worse shape then my lungs. 

So if you look at the actual facts, its not that scary. You make me sound like a horrible guy because I refuse to bow to government controlled tyranny, but the fact of the matter is, I didnt ignore it-see unlike you I respected others. If a store demanded I wear a mask, I respected that, as in I didnt shop there. I gave people space, I actually followed social distancing rules with people I didnt know until such a time as it became clear they wernt bothered by me being close. If there was someone who had a bad immune system, I kept my distance or if I did, I made sure we were both feeling healthy and followed basic common sense items like you know washing my hands.

I didnt run around and falsely accuse people who chose to wear masks of not caring for other people, or call them sheep-even though many of them are. See while I refuse to bow to tyranny, I also choose to respect those who disagree. You should try that sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:
On 4/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, JohnD said:

Fauci was a worm, nerd, neglected as a kid, laughed at, bottle fed as a baby an he has a pay back vendetta against humanity along with a narcissism to get national notice.  Right out of some old mad scientist film.

What's wrong with you people?  

Fauci funded corona virus research (even when Obama made it illegal to do so). This research was in making the virus so that humans are susceptible to it (which humans weren't until this research). Allegedly to insure treatment. 

This is the pyromaniac firefighter setting fires and taking credit for putting them out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

21 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have worked in retail for years and I was always getting sick from customers. So I wish people would wear a mask whenever they have cold or the flu. They do so in Japan. Don't see why we can not be as considerate. 

But everyone wears a mask because of Covid. It doesnt matter if they are sick or not. The flu and covid get spread the same way. With the flu we dont care about spreading those germs even though it kills people. Why do we care about Covid deaths but not flu deaths?>

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

Flu is endemic. It also tends not to cause some these long term consequences like several members here deal with. COVID is new and caution is always warranted when there is little known. With more virulent variants already in circulation there is even more reason for ongoing caution.

Am I tired of all this? Yes. Who isn't?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  900
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Whyme said:

Why do we care about Covid deaths but not flu deaths?

(hi.... The question was not directed at me but I hope it is ok for me to share some thoughts?  Thanks)

----------------------------------------

I think we should care about both. 

However if I am not mistaken..Covid possibly has a far greater death rate than most normal flu strains?

Also in my country.. (perhaps because of the warm climate over here? I dunno).. normal flu usually is not considered a big deal by most folk.. except perhaps for the elderly.. or those in poor health etc....  Until recently.. even flu vaccines were possibly almost unheard of by many folk in my country..  And even nowadays I am not certain exactly how many people over here even know that flu vaccines exist for the normal flu? 

Covid on the other hand.. is very different than normal type flu.... It kills even relatively healthy people that might have got over most flu here....  And I am guessing perhaps because of the possibly younger demographics of the population here compared to the Usa etc?.. some of those who have died from Covid here are middle aged etc too..and not just the very elderly..

So yes I agree we should care about both flu and Covid.  But at least for my country.. Covid is more dangerous..

(But I think we all can learn from countries such as Japan.. where perhaps a sense of responsibility or something.. means folk who have flu might wear masks to protect others?  .. I think this is something perhaps folk in my own country can learn from too.. for the future.. with regards to the flu etc.. )

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

11 hours ago, just_abc said:

(hi.... The question was not directed at me but I hope it is ok for me to share some thoughts?  Thanks)

----------------------------------------

I think we should care about both. 

However if I am not mistaken..Covid possibly has a far greater death rate than most normal flu strains?

Also in my country.. (perhaps because of the warm climate over here? I dunno).. normal flu usually is not considered a big deal by most folk.. except perhaps for the elderly.. or those in poor health etc....  Until recently.. even flu vaccines were possibly almost unheard of by many folk in my country..  And even nowadays I am not certain exactly how many people over here even know that flu vaccines exist for the normal flu? 

Covid on the other hand.. is very different than normal type flu.... It kills even relatively healthy people that might have got over most flu here....  And I am guessing perhaps because of the possibly younger demographics of the population here compared to the Usa etc?.. some of those who have died from Covid here are middle aged etc too..and not just the very elderly..

So yes I agree we should care about both flu and Covid.  But at least for my country.. Covid is more dangerous..

(But I think we all can learn from countries such as Japan.. where perhaps a sense of responsibility or something.. means folk who have flu might wear masks to protect others?  .. I think this is something perhaps folk in my own country can learn from too.. for the future.. with regards to the flu etc.. )

Thanks.

Actually covid has a 98% survival rating among healthy adults. I had it...wasnt much worse then a bad flu, and i have compromised lungs. Most of the deaths, are like the regular flu, among the elderly and those with bad lungs or immune systems. Covid almost never kills anyone by itself, theres usually something else going on.

With that said it does seem to transmit faster then the regular flu, and often leads to other conditions. I got pneumonia from it. Covid for me, lasted maybe a week (albeit a miserable one) but i had pneumonia for roughly a month after. From my own experience i can see how someone with COPD, or a weak immune system would have a hard time fighting it off, no anti bodies, it further compromoses the lungs, etc.

With that said i still feel 99% of the measures taken by the government were about control, not about public safety, and were by in large inneffective at best.