• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

But like it is mentioned in the verses from scripture, he lost all that beauty and perfect wisdom as he got corrupted.

Oh, never heard that where do I find it, and Thank you in advance.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

3 hours ago, 1to3 said:

But like it is mentioned in the verses from scripture, he lost all that beauty and perfect wisdom as he got corrupted.

55 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Oh, never heard that where do I find it, and Thank you in advance.  

After corruption took place, satan lost his heavenly stature of  perfect anything, he became corrupt, his wisdom and beauty became corrupt,

Because Satan is the master deceiver, coming as an angel of light, he appears as a beautiful, tempting, creature - not something ugly or repulsive.

Angel Of Light
When he does appear, the Devil appears as an angel of light.
And no marvel; for even Satan fashions himself into an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14

This passage in Isaiah lets us know people -who get to see the real him, will not think much of him,

Isaiah 14:16Downfall of the King of Babylon
15But you will be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit. 16Those who see you will stare; they will ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made the kingdoms tremble, 17who turned the world into a desert and destroyed its cities, who refused to let thecaptives return to their homes?”…

This particular verse tells me he does not look like much, he just tried to con-: steal, kill, destroy, as many as he could.: John ch10:10

Also the references of after the fall into sin in Genesis,  show consequences to all who sinned took place : Lucifer=satan, the serpent,= made the serpent creature to have to slither in dust. Eve and Adam had now to toil, labour hard . They all lost something

Corrupted wisdom is foolishness to God

Corrupted beauty is no longer genuine true beauty

Do you disagree?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,347
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I suppose if I were pressed to name a time when Satan fell like lightning from heaven, I would point to the sixth day if the first chapter of Genesis is indeed a vision. 

Then you would have God blessing and sanctifying sin and that is not happening! Gen 2:1-3

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

After corruption took place, satan lost his heavenly stature of  perfect anything, he became corrupt, his wisdom and beauty became corrupt,

Because Satan is the master deceiver, coming as an angel of light, he appears as a beautiful, tempting, creature - not something ugly or repulsive.

Angel Of Light
And no marvel; for even Satan fashions himself into an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14

This passage in Isaiah lets us know people -who get to see the real him, will not think much of him,

15But you will be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit. 16Those who see you will stare; they will ponder your fate: “Is this the man who shook the earth and made the kingdoms tremble, 17who turned the world into a desert and destroyed its cities, who refused to let thecaptives return to their homes?”…

This particular verse tells me he does not look like much, he just tried to con-: steal, kill, destroy, as many as he could.: John ch10:10

Also the references of after the fall into sin in Genesis,  show consequences to all who sinned took place : Lucifer=satan, the serpent,= made the serpent creature to have to slither in dust. Eve and Adam had now to toil, labour hard . They all lost something

Do you disagree?

Nothing I have ever run across has led me to believe that what Satan looks like has changed.  

What I believe the verse 
'Is this the man'
is when Christ has returned and he is bound in the pit for the 1000 years.

I don't think 'sin and corruption'  is something 'seen'.  So,  not so far.  Any other verses?   if you have any others that speak to what you are saying I would be interested in seeing them.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

Angel Of Light

Do you disagree?

Nice thoughts!  I believe Lucifer was created in such beauty..... God does not due ugly.  Adam and Eve were also made perfect in the Garden.... they were covered in HIS Spirit.

Both Lucifer and Adam and Ever sinned.... now they were both sitting on the opposite side of a dirty penny - they both have lost their once God given beauty and I believe at this time, they both were no longer permitted in the Garden: Adam and Eve were removed from the Garden and Lucifer was removed from God's Heaven.

Both were allowed to continue in their existence but both were told they would die.

Man would die a physical death but would be given the opportunity to restore his "Spirit" by accepting the Cross and the HS at Pentecost. Lucifer, who was not made in God's image, would never have the opportunity to restore what he never had even before he sinned.  He was nothing more than an angel who sinned and would be destined for destruction - and he knows this: God actually told us his time is short - Lucifer, now Satan has NO chance of restoration- the ONLY thing he can do is to continue to corrupt and harm God's people. He is only capable of taking everyone down that he can......

On the other hand, man, who lost God's Spirit by sinning in the Garden also lost his immortality and he was no longer a "living soul" - he was now a "living being".... but God made man in HIS image and had a PLAN of Salvation for mankind to once again restore that Spirit back into Adam (man). Satan is not given that opportunity and his wrath is unfathomable..... He knows man CAN get back to the Garden but he will never...... he knows his fate and is now almost over.....

So, to pick up on @1to3 comment where we will look on him and ask, "is this the one that......." in Isaiah, this is / will be true since when we look upon him then, we will have been given back God's Spirit and we will once again "be" as we were in the Garden...... we will have the beauty and grace of God and we will see clearly the real appearance of Satan ...... the one who has lost his beauty and had permanently lost it at the time of the Garden......

Just my thoughts, Charlie

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, Shua3000 said:

Does the Bible mention if Satan was banned from heaven before Adam and Eve bit from the forbidden fruit? Was it Satan that influenced Eve to bite the fruit. Was was the fruit really? 

Job 38:4–7 (AV)
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The cherubim and seraphim (often referred to as angels) preexisted the earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

39 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Nothing I have ever run across has led me to believe that what Satan looks like has changed.  

What I believe the verse 
'Is this the man'
is when Christ has returned and he is bound in the pit for the 1000 years.

I don't think 'sin and corruption'  is something 'seen'.  So,  not so far.  Any other verses?   if you have any others that speak to what you are saying I would be interested in seeing them.  

Well I gave you my thoughts from what I have understood from reading scripture.

Here is another:

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Can you see beauty and pure good wisdom from this bible verse description of fallen Lucifer? I certainly cannot

Again he is called now an angel of deception, of false light, he can appear one way but it is not how he truly looks like, how his true essence of character has become since the fall.

Do you disagree?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,347
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

Job 38:4–7 (AV)
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The cherubim and seraphim (often referred to as angels) preexisted the earth.

This statement is day one to day four ... so where do you find preexisted before day one?

9 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Well I gave you my thoughts from what I have understood from reading scripture.

Here is another:

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Can you see beauty and pure good wisdom from this bible verse description of fallen Lucifer? I certainly cannot

Again he is called now an angel of deception, of false light, he can appear one way but it is not how he truly looks like, how his true essence of character has become since the fall.

Do you disagree?

I agree there is no good in Satan.  I think I misunderstood what you were saying as I thought you were saying his 'appearance' would come across as 'ugly' to those who will see him,  which I don't believe.  I do believe he will still 'appear' beautiful.  His wisdom is fully intact it just works against God, not for Him. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

20 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Hi Starise, I never said satan was good, I said Lucifer was good until sin was found in him. Lucifer once sin was found in him was called a devil/ satan.

Today  New Age philosophy tries to paint Lucifer as good and God as bad.

Lucifer the annointed Cherub that God created, became filled with pride/sin as the Holy  Bible explains, than he was cast out of the third heaven where only GOOD exists and left to go about the 1 and 2 heaven.

I understand that  the devil satan is the name given to lucifer after his fall.

In some versions of the Bible, the personage described in Isaiah 14:12 is called Lucifer. For example, the King James Version reads:How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations!

The name Lucifer appears nowhere else in the King James Version

The reason Lucifer has been understood to be a proper name of the Devil has to do with the Latin translation of the Hebrew term Helel. This word was understood, by some, to be a proper name for the king of Babylon. It means "light bearer," or Lucifero in Latin. The Latin title became a popular name for this evil figure. When the King James translators rendered the Hebrew term into English, they kept the popular term "Lucifer" for the Devil.

I hope I didn't imply I thought Satan IS good. I never intended to. I do believe Satan WAS good.

It isn't only the New Agers who think Satan is good. Most who follow the occult discount the bible and paint Satan as a benevolent being. How else could they manage to worship him? Not too many people would follow an evil being that was out to get them.

So far as the names given to Satan/ Lucifer. I mostly keep it to either Satan or Lucifer because pretty much everyone in the western world knows who we are talking about.

That these beings are all organized after they were pushed out of heaven is often assumed to be led by Satan...think of him as the Hitler of hell. They had rank when they were booted. It is inferred they reorganized with Satan as their leader. IOW It is mostly understood they are not independent agents. Since Biblically we can prove  demons possess humans sometimes in groups we at least know some of them hang together. The issue of the angelic and the demonic is a point of debate that some have gone to a few extra biblical texts to try and show demons are the evil offspring of evil angels. The level of organization isn't really clear. It is often assumed the order is very well defined and strict. I think this is mostly an assumption. We have no order of evil legions expressly in scripture to my knowledge post fall.

If they intend to fight in willful rebellion right up until the very end to do as much harm as they possibly can. To take as many along with them as they can, it only stands to reason they have some form of order to best carry this out.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1