• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, SONshine said:

Ah!  Very good.  “In the beginning” ...

Genesis 1:1 
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Now then, does it say "when" God created the heaven and the earth?

Does it say that the earth is only 6,000 years old?  So, when was the beginning? :)

Yes it does...... Charlie:mgdetective:

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Couldn't help but notice none mentioned Abaddon...does it not do the will of the Lord?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The creation of angels are not mentioned... however the statement of Job they were present on the 4th day... we know everything was started on the 1st day as for having place for all that would be and this is reiterated here
Gen 2:1-3

2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.   Staying true to the written format we see heavens (plural) and earth finished then all the host within them (which falls all else) see note below

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
KJV

So sometime after God made place for His creation and the 4th day angels were created... we also know by the above that Lucifer had not fallen yet "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it"
chapter 2 is reiteration of creation probably due to the added event satan formed lie into himself because now we have a tree representing good and evil that man was not to take part of...

note: to be true to the revealed word which is our only source of truth according to God John 17:17  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.  no gap no anything else is permitted in the strict confines of God Word for He has given us this verse below and it is to be headed as toward obedience to God in His revealed truth 

2 Cor 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

thus we are to form our understanding to the Word of God and not to fanciful not found in His Word things called imaginations....

Amen!

I am so rejoicing to see this post, because it is sticking to Gods Word and His Word alone.

When we start to look at other books, for sure we can begin to conjure different possibilities,

To me that takes away from Gods Word.

We are to believe and keep the faith=faithfulness in Gods Word Alone.

When we start to add or take away we are changing Gods Word and bring confusion into the mix.

That is serious because it can damage a person searching faith in God and help them to be more confused than less.

If you go Gods way through His Word and stick with His Words alone, that is sufficient for your faith=faithfulness to grow in Him.

All other books, are conjectures , speculations that are adding or taking away from Gods Word.

Gods Words does WARN us  not to add or take away from His Word, but rather to stay withing its perimeters.

Just like satan, he fallen angels and Adam and Eve decided to go look outside of Gods warning and perimeters, aren't people doing the exact same thing by not being satisfied with Gods Word and looking with ichy ears for something outside of Gods perimeters within His Word?

Revelation 21:6New Heaven and a New Earth
5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life. 7The one who overcomes will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.…

Revelation 22:13

Jesus is Coming
12“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” 14Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.…

Revelation 22:18Nothing May Be Added
17The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely. 18I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.…

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

God tells us exactly what He did and when.  It is only when you allow your spiritual eyes to see that His truth is found.  So if you don't receive it and want to remain in that comfortable flesh knowledge, then PLEASE don't respond and don't tell me what you think UNLESS it is ALL backed with scripture and hours and hours of prayer and crying out to the Lord humbly awaiting a revelation from HIM and one being received from Him. 

BECAUSE THAT IS  HOW I RECEIVED IT.  I WAS A KICKING AND SCREAMING AGAINST IT UNTIL I WAS FULLY DOWN ON MY KNEES AND CRYING AND PRAYING AND REMINDING GOD OF HIS PROMISES AND ENVOKING THE ASK OF ME FROM JESUS

And then just completely stopping all thought of my own and quietly following where THE HOLY SPIRIT led.  It didn't come in a day or a week but it did come.  So here are the facts, the rest is up to......

WE KNOW FOR SURE that the heavens were created way before the earth. 
SO in the beginning God created the heavens.  ('WHAT BEGINNING' that was,  we do not know but we know God starts us off with those words and by showing us ANOTHER beginning)

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens;

WHAT WE WILL SOON COME TO REALIZE/KNOW IS THAT THE EARTH WASN'T CREATED IN DARKNESS

God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it,

He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited:

I am the LORD; and there is none else.

2ND CONFIRMATION

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

THEY ARE WATCHING THE EARTH BEING CREATED.  LUCIFER IS STILL GOOD.  

Revelation 12:1 

Ezekiel 28:12  Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Ezekiel 28:13  Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezekiel 28:14  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezekiel 28:15  Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

IN HEAVEN - GREAT RED DRAGON- 
THERE IS A BEAST GOING TO RISE UP ON EARTH it will have heads and horns and crowns BUT NOTICE THE NUMBERS GIVEN as they are different (not for this discussion)

So far we know there was a Heaven with a host and Satan made the full pattern and then iniquity was in him.  

AND THESE ARE MY WORDS ONLY 'GOD GOT REALLY SAD AND MAD'

(hint:  try and THINK of what you ALREADY KNOW AND ACCEPT
there is going to be a new heaven and a new earth and A NEW JERUSALEM. 
There is a heaven and earth and Jerusalem now, could there have been one before?  God does work in '3's)

Jeremiah  4:19  My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart my heart maketh a noise in me I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

Jeremiah  4:20  Destruction upon destruction is cried for the whole land is spoiled suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

Jeremiah  4:21  How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
Jeremiah  4:22  For my people is foolish, they have not known me they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

DESTRUCTION UPON DESTRUCTION IS BEING CRYED

BY GOD. 

WHAT do you imagine that MIGHT LOOK LIKE??

Jeremiah  4:23  I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah  4:24  I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jeremiah  4:25  I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled
Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28

For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black;

because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent,

neither will I turn back from it.

3RD CONFIRMATION

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old,

and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

2 Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished

NO LIGHT - NO LIFE  -  DEAD

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

CAN'T BE ABOUT NOAH, AS THERE WAS LIGHT.  CAN'T BE FUTURE BECAUSE WE ARE TOLD WHAT WILL HAPPEN AND IT IS NEVER MENTIONED.  

In the beginning God created the heaven
and THEN GOD CREATED the earth.
And THEN the earth BECAME without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

AND THEN SATAN/SERPENT  WAS IN THE GARDEN.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/12/1986

Thank everyone for replying...I have learned a lot...but now I have about 5 new questions ?.  The reason I asked is because in my mind there would be no reason for Satan to tempt Adam and Eve before his fall, but after his fall it would seem to be a calculated move. Didn't mean to quote anyone I'm replying from my phone and it messed up.

13 hours ago, Starise said:

I am open to any reasonable interpretations here. For the record I'm not saying the fall DIDN'T happen during the time frame you mention. I am the type that need to be sure for myself. For some reason which might be tied to a text I remember reading, the angelic fall seems much earlier. I have not had the chance to dig into it more. 

Lucifer being called the "Prince and Power" of the "air" seems to indicate some tie to earth's atmospheric heaven. Lucifer has command over that realm. He is also called the god of this world. A pretty successful campaign if we figure in many of the men God intended to be in His kingdom went to Lucifer's ways. If many men were saved we would not be told Narrow is the gate to salvation and WIDE is the way to destruction.

In order to temp Eve Satan must have fallen before that time because only a fallen creature would tempt one of God's creations for intentional harm. If all creation was 'good' then a bad apple crept in there that was already bad.

Edited by Shua3000
New idea
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

Psalm 33:1 Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.

Psalm 33:2 Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.

Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Psalm 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Psalm 33:7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.

Psalm 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

Psalm 33:9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Psalm 33:10 The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.

Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Psalm 33:13 The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.

Psalm 33:14 From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.

Psalm 33:15 He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.

If Gods Word says In the beginning =commencement, every thing was Good.

It would be misleading for Gods Word to say in the beginning everything was GOOD, if it was not so.

Everything means ALL

ALL was Good.

Then on the seventh DAY God was well pleased and rested.

Something bad occurred sometime afterword of the seventh day of GODS creation PERIOD.

There had to be a beginning day -1- when God began Creation= making everything: heavens , earth and ALL that is CONTAINED herein.

Before God began CREATING :

was GOD=The Father Son, Holy Spirit, nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

21 hours ago, Shua3000 said:

Heh Heh, Shua3000. Last night it was late and I think my brain was at about 20% of it's full function, so my posts might not have been as clear as I wanted them to be :)

I notice many times in these threads word phrasing and my general understanding of another poster can be a hindrance because it often comes down to a simple play on words that mean different things to different people.

TBH if I accept the "after the 7th day" that's a very wide open explanation. Was it a week after the 7 days? Was it  year? Was it 1000 years? 

Due to the scriptures @DeighAnn quoted which I won't re quote that mention clearly an angelic host long before creation of earth.This sets the stage for what @Charlie744said happened. So "When" could be any time after Eden was made which could have been a substantial amount of time. At some point in Eden Satan shows up to temp Eve. I surmise he had been planning this for quite some time. If that is true, what are the implications that Satan was there as a corrupt being thinking about how he would tempt Eve? 

The scriptures only talk about Adam and Eve falling in the temptation passages. It was a given Satan had already fallen and was infecting God's other creatures, namely Eve and later Adam. Since we know this and since we know Satan drew angelic followers along with him when he fell there is no assumption in saying the fallen angels were in the same domain or close by. The only way around this ( Satan having fallen prior) would be to believe this was Satan's very first fall. This doesn't line up with the idea that Satan and his cohorts fell from heaven. UNLESS Eden WAS this heaven. Sin leads to a downward progression and we can clearly see that with Satan's fall. He was UP in heaven and kicked DOWN to what some call the 2nd heaven.After He tempted Eve he was cursed to go DOWN to the ground like a snake. His head would be bruised by the woman...the succession of Jesus Christ through Eve will eventually accomplish this.

So God created the "heavens and the earth" Did God create before this? God stands outside of time. God makes time. I believe time was created when He made the heavens and the earth. God clearly created angels before he created earth. The angels watched. Before that there was 'something'. There was whatever existed prior to earth. 

To be fair the WHEN isn't 100% clear to me with great precision so far as the angelic fall is concerned. I have a very sloppy WHEN due to my reasons stated above.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

13 hours ago, 1to3 said:
14 hours ago, Starise said:

The fallen angelic host might not have been expressly included in the "all was good" idea.

If it would not then it would have been mentioned. What is however clearly mentioned is that when God finished CREATING everything, God was pleased and deemed ALL good.   Then God rested

I see your reasoning here. So man was good, Satan was good. His followers were good. Yahweh, Satan and men living in perfect harmony in the garden. Seems too good to be true. Yet something wasn't right. The actions that took place after this are really a unified collective agreement to sin against Yahweh.

It isn't as if one prideful individual. One lone entity named Satan rebelled in a solitary way. No this was bigger. Many of the heavenly host rebelled. Was Satan to blame for all of it? Or was the uprising a more collective decision? That the fallen angels continued to rebel afterward in sinning with human women and corrupting men shows no remorse. Satan was an instigator, yet if we read the text more closely God dealt with Satan personally and directly. God deals with each angel personally yet the punishment is collective.

This is important because I think our eyes are often drawn to one creature that fell because he tempted Eve to sin when there were many more involved in the whole thing who affect men to this very day.

Rebellion of a group often happens slowly as their thoughts are poisoned. Something started swinging out of control in heaven. Might have been a more gradual thing until the ultimate rebellion. Yahweh was not blinded to it. He waited until the final rebellion to have them all kicked out.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Starise said:

see your reasoning here. So man was good, Satan was good. His followers were good. Yahweh, Satan and men living in perfect harmony in the garden. Seems too good to be true. Yet something wasn't right. The actions that took place after this are really a unified collective agreement to sin against Yahweh.

Hi Starise, I never said satan was good, I said Lucifer was good until sin was found in him. Lucifer once sin was found in him was called a devil/ satan.

Today  New Age philosophy tries to paint Lucifer as good and God as bad.

Lucifer the annointed Cherub that God created, became filled with pride/sin as the Holy  Bible explains, than he was cast out of the third heaven where only GOOD exists and left to go about the 1 and 2 heaven.

I understand that  the devil satan is the name given to lucifer after his fall.

In some versions of the Bible, the personage described in Isaiah 14:12 is called Lucifer. For example, the King James Version reads:How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations!

The name Lucifer appears nowhere else in the King James Version

The reason Lucifer has been understood to be a proper name of the Devil has to do with the Latin translation of the Hebrew term Helel. This word was understood, by some, to be a proper name for the king of Babylon. It means "light bearer," or Lucifero in Latin. The Latin title became a popular name for this evil figure. When the King James translators rendered the Hebrew term into English, they kept the popular term "Lucifer" for the Devil.