• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

I am thinking of joining only Christian sites that are not against Christmas. I am having a big problem with Christians who are on the same page as the ACLU.

betty

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

sure do celebrate Christmas. CHRISTmas... Christ, the annointed one Jesus, and His anointing mas... sounds good to me.

As long as you celebrate the right reason for the season, why not make it pretty with decorations, and the joy of giving. As long as Jesus comes first. Always have celebrated Christmas, always will :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Christians used to not have a problem celebrating christmas as the birth of Christ, at least you never heard a peep about it being a 'pagan' holiday. Now that the persecution heat is on, it's a whole different story.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

SealedEternal,

Why can't you do like ThroneofGrace and agree to disagree instead of looking for arguments:

I don't agree with anyone's reasoning for supporting the 'tradition' of Christmas. However, I have stated before that I don't condemn anyone (for there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus). For you to say that I'm 'trying to condemn people' is ridiculous.

Just look at everyone's attitude in their responses, all the comments being made and such. Why is everyone attacking me so rudely? Haven't I been polite in stating how I believe?

I am currently working on my own teaching on Christmas (and Easter), and I leave various sources of information since my own personal teaching is not done.

I think being accused of plagiarism is not very Christ-like, since I have gone back and put in where I have gotten the information. I have always stated where I cite my sources, and 2 posts didn't have that information. Had the thought ever occurred that maybe this was just an error on my part, instead of flat out accusing someone of plagiarism?

A page back I saw a user cite a Wikipedia verse, but they never said it was from Wikipedia. I let that go, because God knows and sees all, and I wasn't about to accuse that person of plagiarism, when it could've been just an oversight on their part.

So far I don't agree with anyone here on this subject. So I do think it's a good idea to just let this subject go, we're not getting anywhere. It is not my intention EVER to argue the Word, but only to shed light on different subjects and using the Word to do so.

I agree with the sources I cite in that Christmas is pagan in origin. You don't agree. And that's how we have to leave it, because its obvious neither party is going to change their minds. And there's nothing wrong with that.....it's up to God to reveal truths to people, and whether that's to me or you is up to Him.

It just seems like everyone has such a wrong idea of who I am. Maybe I don't realize how i come across when I'm typing. But I'm not a condemning argumentative type of girl. That would not be Christ-like, and would not be pleasing to the Lord.

So let's just end this subject, and pray for one another, since we all agree that that is right in the Lord's eyes.

Sister In Christ,

Dawn

Christmas is filled with unscriptural traditions. The exchanging of gifts, the Christmas tree, the singing of carols, and Santa Claus are all of pagan origin.

Since when was giving, decorating and singing of pagan origin? I think your taking things a bit far. There is nothing wrong with Christmas if your celebrating Christ. Why, psalms is a whole book of celebrating Christ... to some, thats what Christmas day is. Celebrating Christ.

and theres nothing wrong with exchanging gifts, bringing the joy of giving. Each christmas my mother and i put something under the wishing tree for a little boy and a little girl whose parents cant afford it. instead of spending money on each other, we spend it on kids who would otherwise go without a gift.

Our christmas tree, is something we decorate our house with whilst praising God and listening to worship music, and talking about God and how He is so beautiful and wonderful, and thanking him for the opertunity to decorate our house as another way to celebrate Him. then when we finish it we sit under it, and read the story of Jesus from birth to ressurection.

The singing of carols? Whats wrong with singing of Jesus, and his birth, and His miracle of salvation???

Hark the herald angels sing... GLORY TO THE NEW BORN KING.....Fa la la la la la la la la... i will sing of God always, everyday, including Christmas.

Santa? Well, the story behind him is a real man, who was very wealthy and on Christmas eve he would go around to the poor parts of town giving gifts and food and clothing to all the poor children, he was a great and generous giver, and i have no problems with him so long as he doesnt take first place in Christmas, and in our household, he most certainly does not. Jesus is our generous provider. Santa is just a nice story of giving.

My point is, if you have your priorities right, and your heart right, Christmas is a joyful time to celebrate our perfect, beautiful savior in a big and loud way. it can be very helpful for the evangelistic in all of us.

if your celebrating some random god, or drooling for presents first thing when u wake up, or let your kids praise santa for the gifts instead of rejoicing in and praising the Lord, then Christmas, is better left untouched until the true meaning is understood and practiced. But if your celebrating CHRISTmas... God bless you in your rejoicing in our mighty Savior!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Christmas is the only time of the year were songs about our Lord are sung by many people who are not christian. Could these Christmas carols not be the scattering of seeds? :thumbsup:

Christmas is the only time of the year were songs about our Lord are sung by many people who are not christian. Could these Christmas carols not be the scattering of seeds? :24:

definately. Of course they are!

I made a cd with all Christmas music to play at work and i just stand there praising God that my unsaved workmates are all (to the music) humming lines like "Oh Holy night.... it is the night of our dear Saviors birth.... the weary world rejoices.... oh God devine... Christ our savior was born...light of the world....glory to the new born king" un beknowst to them there spirits are being ministered to as i chuck in the odd "praise God, i love Christmas!!!"

There is power in LOUD CELEBRATION OF GOD!!! If a christmas tree gets a non believer talking about Christmas, then ill jump right in and lead the Convo the the reason for the season, Jesus.

Yep, Christmas is one easy way to evangelise and plant seeds. Praise the LORD! :24::thumbsup::noidea:

YAHWEH DETESTS THE TRADITIONS OF MEN. IT IS ALL IN VAIN!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No he does not. Traditions are only a problem when we put our tradtion on equal footing or above the Scriptures. Traditions are not in and of themselves a threat to God. Jesus did not condemn the religious leaders for their tradtions per se, but for the hypocritical, tyrannical way they administered.

EVERYONE has traditions.

OH reeeeeally??????????

Yahweh's Word:

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain" (Gal. 4:10, 11).

Christmas is filled with unscriptural traditions. The exchanging of gifts, the Christmas tree, the singing of carols, and Santa Claus are all of pagan origin. These all crept into the church during or after the Fourth Century. There are many unscriptural traditions that have cluttered up the story of the birth of our wonderful Saviour. For instance, many people believe that the wise men of the East and the shepherds were together in Bethlehem at the time our Lord was born. But nothing could be further from the truth. The shepherds came to Bethlehem to see Yahshua at His birth. The wise men came to Nazareth to see Him when He was almost two years old . The Bible says nothing about three wise men, nor does it say that they were kings. The fact is the Bible does not give their number at all, but merely states that they were wise men.

Perhaps the worst part of the Christmas celebration is that thousands of parents will teach their children the falsehood of Santa Claus. Children are taught that Santa Claus makes his home at the North Pole, and once each year he fills his sled with toys for the boys and girls who have been good throughout the year. If they are good, he rewards them by bringing them toys on Christmas Eve; and if they are bad, he passes them by.

Is it any wonder that many times when children grow up and learn the truth, they question whetherYahshua is also a myth?

The Bible says in Colossians 3:9, "Lie not one to another"

And we are commanded in Ephesians 4:25 to "put away" lying and to "

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

"Do you celebrate Christmas?"

Yes, I do. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas !!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

SealedEternal,

Why can't you do like ThroneofGrace and agree to disagree instead of looking for arguments:

For the reasons I and the others have stated. You're polluting the name of my Lord and Savior with lies and idolatrous rituals which go back to ancient Babylon and have continued in pagan nations throughout history. it is only because the Roman so-called "church" blended paganism with Christian terminology, that we are having this discussion right now. The Catholic Church is and always has been pagan with a christian veneer in order to dupe nominal so-called Christians into Babylonian paganism, and that's why real Christians are commanded to separate from this harlot, and not participate in her idolotry.

Revelation 18:2 And he cried out with a mighty voice, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 "For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality." 4 I heard another voice from heaven, saying, [b]"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; 5 for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.