IGNORED

What is speaking in tongues and prophesying?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

We ought to talk more often about the miraculous.

In Pentecost churches we do. We share our testimonies to miracles, healings and answered prayers. Our fellowship tends to be positive, and when people suffer tribulations or a medical/health issue of concern then we will pray for others in tongues confident that God will work it out according to his will.

Another main aspect of faith and our walk that we have in common is the concept of being overcomers in the power and work of the Holy Spirit. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Another main aspect of faith and our walk that we have in common is the concept of being overcomers in the power and work of the Holy Spirit. 

Agreed. If you are of the common church dispensational view (as taught by seminaries) you are already behind the 8-ball.

If you do not see the Lord on His Throne in His Kingdom, then your witness and your power will be limited to your feeble mind regardless of the Truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We do not differ in very many areas of Christianity but this is where we do not agree.

I am a cessationist. They believe that tongues and healing by christians today have ceased. God does perform miracles today. The Holy Spirit no longer uses christians to perform miraculous signs. Why do we need prophets today if we have the complete revelation from God in the Bible?

Jhn 3:8-11

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

We can no more put God in a little box, than the wind.  Do not hide your light under a bushel.  What is that bushel I wonder.....could it be that little thing that sits on top of the necks of man?  Called enmity with God....and it can't perceive or understand the things of the spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is hard to find a good Bible believing Church today that teaches from the Bible the true literal word of God. The Charismatic movement is very popular today believing in tongues, slain in the spirit, and prophesying. It is hard to find a Church that does not believe in that stuff. Perhaps in the times of Jesus Christ and His disciples. 

Churches and ministries typically are not functioning in the simplicity of Christ....they sensationalize and even exploit the gifts and operations of the Holy Spirit....turning it all into a circus or spectator sport and sadly even idolizing them.  What happened when the ark of God was handled with man's hands of flesh?....death.  The devil is always trying to discredit and pervert the things of God....we must not take his bait and let that put us off what is holy and true.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The biggest problem with tongues (babbling) is it persuasion to trust in the sensual aspects instead of the clearly outlined object format of His Word... where God promise this outcome:
2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
only those who hold a shallow view of God's Word seek beyond these outlined boarders

John 17:8-17

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

16 hours ago, Waggles said:

That is a shame for you all are missing out on so much interaction and knowledge from God.

I guess I should clarify that we are a Spirit filled church.  The pastor has the authority to keep the service in order therefore he does not allow people to pop up any time during the worship service or during the sermon with words of knowledge, a word in tongues, a prophesy, song of praise. etc. I don't feel like we miss out on anything or any word from the Lord.  But of course there are those times when the Holy Spirit lays something on someone's heart and they have too much fear or doubt to give it. 

Guest kingdombrat

True Speaking in Tongues always edifies God and like Believers in God.   And when it happens as it should take place, [you] will have no doubt it was from God.

Generally, I don't just randomly burst into Speaking into Tongues, because it's never been a purpose for me to do as such or felt I am to do it.

The past few times I have Spoken in Tongues came directly [during] dealing with Demonic Entities.   I may not fully understand what God is saying through me, but those [Fallen Angels] sure do!

Edited by kingdombrat

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

My view of tongues, prophesying and healing for today is not a popular view. That is where the Holy Spirit is leading me. 

Guest kingdombrat
15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

My view of tongues, prophesying and healing for today is not a popular view. That is where the Holy Spirit is leading me. 

Just like we understand in the Angelic World, God made Angels to hold different roles, He did same thing with humans in our natural world, it's the same thing in the our Spiritual World we exist in/battle.

I believe you are Peaceful and the Gifts God gave to You are for that purpose.

Tongue Speaking, is [War/Battle Language].  First of all, even in the Bible, NO ONE knew what it meant, most examples just say [Spoke in Tongues or Unknown Tongues], it does not break down what is being said, only is claiming something is said and we don't understand it.  But someone does understand it and not just God, our Enemy understands it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If you mean Cessationism, it's a very popular view amongst certain types of denominations - the powerless types.

The preaching of the gospel is supposed to be accompanied by signs following - signs pointing to the fact that the Kingdom of God is within us and we are not all mouth and no power.

The Holy Spirit never, ever, ever leads people to doubt the word of God, which tells us that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today.

Mark 16:14-20 (WEB)

14  Afterward he was revealed to the eleven themselves as they sat at the table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they didn’t believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
  15 He said to them, “Go into all the world, and preach the Good News to the whole creation. 
  16  He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned. 
  17  These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new languages; 
  18  they will take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will in no way hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” 

19  So then the Lord, after he had spoken to them, was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
  20 They went out, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed. Amen. 

John 14:12 (WEB) Most certainly I tell you, he who believes in me, the works that I do, he will do also; and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to my Father. 

Rom. 12:4-8 (WEB)

4 For even as we have many members in one body, and all the members don’t have the same function,
  5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
  6 Having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us, if prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of our faith;
  7 or service, let us give ourselves to service; or he who teaches, to his teaching;
  8 or he who exhorts, to his exhorting: he who gives, let him do it with liberality; he who rules, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. 

1 Cor. 12:1-11 (WEB)

1 Now concerning spiritual things, brothers, I don’t want you to be ignorant.
  2 You know that when you were heathen, you were led away to those mute idols, however you might be led.
  3 Therefore I make known to you that no man speaking by God’s Spirit says, “Jesus is accursed.” No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” but by the Holy Spirit.
  4 Now there are various kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 

5  There are various kinds of service, and the same Lord.
  6 There are various kinds of workings, but the same God, who works all things in all.
  7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the profit of all.
  8 For to one is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom, and to another the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit;
  9 to another faith, by the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, by the same Spirit;
  10 and to another workings of miracles; and to another prophecy; and to another discerning of spirits; to another different kinds of languages; and to another the interpretation of languages.
  11 But the one and the same Spirit works all of these, distributing to each one separately as he desires. 

Edited by David1701
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2