• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Amigo42 said:
19 hours ago, Sower said:

"Is the Bible's version the most correct?"

If you haven't decided about that and have faith in the scriptures, why would you believe what it says.
Can you answer this;   Do you believe Jesus is God?
Do you believe Jesus has come in the flesh?

Expand  Expand  

I believe Jesus is the Son of God and our Atonement.  I don't believe He is literally the Father because he never claimed to be. Jesus always deferred to the Father. However, I don't need him to be God to be my Savior.  The prophecy states that God has given him power.

The bible does not say Jesus is the Father.
It says Jesus is God.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."

But you did not answer my question, or maybe you can not.

Do you believe Jesus has come in the flesh?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Hmm "theopneustos" Theophilus nay looks similar lol...

Luke 1:3

it seemed good to me also, having traced the course of all things accurately from the first, to write to you in order, most excellent Theophilus;

They both contain "theo" which means God.  Theopneustos means God-breathed.

Theophilus means friend of God or God's friend.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Jayne said:

God's friend.

A funny thing just occurred to me: Theo-logical is a strange word since there are so many of us on this site that seem to have been absent the day logic was taught...

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

14 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I never stated that any particular story is not true.  I just meant that I don't get caught up in straining at gnats.  I don't think Christians should get caught up on the details.  For example, did Jesus feed 5,000 or did he feed 3,000?  Before the account was written down, it was told and retold for a few decades.  When stories are told and retold, sometimes small details change.  It doesn't mean the story is not true.  I just don't think God wants us to get up on the details.

Jesus fed 5,000 at one event and 4,000 at another separate event.

Jesus said that these were two separate events.  So, no problems with details - details that ARE very different..  Someone find that scripture for me please where Jesus reminds  the disciples of these as two separate events.  I am on my way out the door to church.

If no one does, I'll find it after church.

Everyone have a blessed day.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

22 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I believe Jesus is the Son of God and our Atonement.  I don't believe He is literally the Father because he never claimed to be. Jesus always deferred to the Father. However, I don't need him to be God to be my Savior.  The prophecy states that God has given him power.

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14)

If you do not believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, then you are still in your sins.  He is God and man, ever since his incarnation.

John 8:23,24 (VW)

23 And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above. You are from this world; I am not from this world.
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.

John 8:57,58 (VW)

57 Then the Jews said to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM.

Matt. 1:23 (VW) Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which is translated, God with us.

1 Tim. 3:16 (VW) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

Someone find that scripture for me please where Jesus reminds  the disciples of these as two separate events.  I am on my way out the door to church.

“Do you still not understand? Remember the five loaves of bread that fed the 5000 people and the many baskets you filled with the bread that was left? And remember the seven loaves of bread that fed the 4000 people and the many baskets you filled that time?

So how could you think that I am concerned about bread? I am telling you to be careful and guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”

Then the followers understood what Jesus meant. He was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread. He was telling them to guard against the teaching of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16:9-12‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

A funny thing just occurred to me: Theo-logical is a strange word since there are so many of us on this site that seem to have been absent the day logic was taught...

default_thumbsup.gif.cec071b1662fedfb8e6692755ac7394d.gif

How about enthusiasm, (en-in / Theo-God)

from Greek enthousiasmos, from enthousiazein ,
‘be inspired or possessed by God’ (based on theos ‘god’)

God's people should be enthusiastic!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

“Do you still not understand? Remember the five loaves of bread that fed the 5000 people and the many baskets you filled with the bread that was left? And remember the seven loaves of bread that fed the 4000 people and the many baskets you filled that time?

Thanks so much.  Different details because Jesus said this was different events.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/1/2021 at 8:13 PM, David1701 said:

Then on what do you base your claims that it contains error?  What are the claimed errors and how do you make that assessment?

Well, for example, skeptics will point out the following.  

1 Kings 4:26 says:

“Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen”.

2 Chronicles 9:25 says:

“Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

Now, this may be a scribal error.  I don't know.  I'm not making a determination.  I'm only saying this is something that may be pointed out.  Regardless, it's not a salvation issue. Look I trust the Word.  I'm only stating that God doesn't want us to be so focused on the issue of inerrancy to the point of missing the main point.  This is just my humble opinion not law.  God knows.  I don't know everything.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Waggles said:

What small errors??

Identify them please.

One minor example that is pointed out by skeptics is the number of Solomon's Stables and horses.  Another is the issue of the supposed later added last few verses of Mark which weren't in earlier copies apparently.  Maybe later Christian scribes felt the need to elaborate the end of the story.  I don't know.  I'm only saying whether or not these are accurate criticisms or not, these issues don't change anything about the story.  These are not salvation issues and should not shake anyone's confidence in the Bible.