• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Paul James said:

Means no more to me than Gary Bayliss who owns the sheep farm down the road.  You need to give details.

Well. That's the origin of the quote. It's not my quote. The OP says: "From Prophecy Watchers" then "Gary Stearman: Rapture Wars." Then the quote from him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, Diaste said:

From Prophecy Watchers:

Gary Stearman: Rapture Wars
It may surprise you but 80% of Christians don’t believe in a pre-Tribulation rapture. Many are convinced the church will endure the entire 7 year Tribulation. Others teach that Christians will face part of the Tribulation. Still others believe the prophecies of the Bible were all fulfilled in 70 AD, tossing aside the book of Revelation and its end-time prophecies. 

What surprises me is that you posted that without any sources to prove it is true. Anyone can say anything, but without a source, it has no authority

Your only source is a man's opinion?   

Nickelodeon: Life under the sea

It may surprise you to learn that there is a sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea.

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Haha 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

6 hours ago, Diaste said:

Yes. Gary Stearman who hosts Prophecy Watchers.

Yes, but where are the stats?  Did he ask them point blank?  Give a poll to make a choice?  What were the choices?

How many people did he include in his research?  100,000?  10,000?  100?  5?  One can get 80% just out of 5.  If 4 answered the way that you wanted - that's 80%

What is their religious/denomination/theology make-up?

In post-graduate school, I learned the unfortunate truths that you can take the research data and make it way whatever you want.

I won't  share my beliefs on the "rapture". I'll just say I take no stock in research unless it provides the questions asked and how many were asked the questions and what their prior theology make-up is.

Edited by Jayne

10 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

What surprises me is that you posted that without any sources to prove it is true. Anyone can say anything, but without a source, it has no authority

Your only source is a man's opinion?   

I don't know where Mr Stearman gets his data. I know he's pretrib and sends out surveys. I have filled them out as he sends them to me. 

Please turn your attention to Mr Stearman's sources as he is the one speaking.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I don't know where Mr Stearman gets his data. I know he's pretrib and sends out surveys. I have filled them out as he sends them to me. 

Please turn your attention to Mr Stearman's sources as he is the one speaking.

Then why would you post this as if it were authoritative? That was not very well thought out. Was it agenda driven?  No I think I will give Mr Stearman a hard pass

4 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Yes, but where are the stats?  Did he ask them point blank?  Give a poll to make a choice?  What were the choices?

How many people did he include in his research?  100,000?  10,000?  100?  5?  One can get 80% just out of 5.  If 4 answered the way that you wanted - that's 80%

What is their religious/denomination/theology make-up?

In post-graduate school, I learned the unfortunate truths that you can take the research data and make it way whatever you want.

I won't  share my beliefs on the "rapture". I'll just say I take no stock in research unless it provides the questions asked and how many were asked the questions and what their prior theology make-up is.

You'll have to take that up with Prophecy Watchers and Mr. Stearman. I can tell you he sends out surveys and he's long time pretrib preacher. 

Perhaps watch a few videos from Prophecy Watchers. As for the rest I'm not privy as to how he arrived at his conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Then why would you post this as if it were authoritative? That was not very well thought out. Was it agenda driven?  No I think I will give Mr Stearman a hard pass

I think it interesting a pretrib advocate has posted the results of a survey that goes against a core belief, and did a show on it. 

I think you may be reading far more into this than there is. I didn't say any of it was authoritative. All I said was, "From Prophecy Watchers." Not one other word was mine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Not one other word was mine.

Having said all that. What is your belief and position on the matter?

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Having said all that. What is your belief and position on the matter?

There a gathering misnamed "Rapture" and it's posttrib and prewrath.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1957

16 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:
19 hours ago, Diaste said:

no? why not?

I don't think scripture supports a rapture. Christ's word in the parable of the Wheat and Tares refutes a rapture since the unbelievers are gathered first. I believe rapture theories came into fashion due to individuals trying to make money. 

Hello Ozarkbound,

Concerning your statement, "the parable of the Wheat and Tares refutes a rapture since the unbelievers are gathered first,"  note what I have highlighted in the following portion of Jesus' explanation of that parable, from Matthew 13:

39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil;  the harvest is the end of the world;  the reapers are the angels.

40  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire;  so shall it be in the end of this world.

41  The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His Kingdom all things that offend, and them that do iniquity;

42  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire:  there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father.  Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus' words in this parable need to be considered in connection with what is slated to occur "in the end of this world."  We find concerning this in Revelation 20:11-15, with the account of the Last Judgment.  According to what we find leading up to this judgment, what Jesus is teaching is that the tares will ultimately be dealt with after His Millennial Reign.  In other words, the harvest Jesus is speaking of in His parable will occur post-Millennial.  After His Reign, in this final harvest, the wicked will be gathered first.  After this, we see all the saved with God in Heaven (i.e., the Kingdom of their Father).  All the common rapture interpretations have the rapture occurring pre-Millennial.  Whatever is being believed, it must line up with all of Scripture.  And, there will always be an understanding that will align with all of Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1