• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I was wondering how that is going to play out. Are they going to have an employee at the door checking people? And what happens if the person doesn't have a mask and they walk in and haven't been vaccinated? Even before this there have been a few who would not wear a mask. 

I don't wear a mask unless asked. And even when entering stores with "mask required" signs, I'm rarely asked. Those are just the "corporate headquarters required" signs. The exception for me is Costco. And I will be asked several times, while in the store, to put my mask on, because I keep taking it off (when in an aisle by myself) and they keep checking. 

But once this rule is implemented, the worst thing for me at places like Costco is that I'll wear it in, and then take it off. The rest of the time I'll just be someone walking around without a mask on. 

The thing is, I identify as vaccinated. At the end of the day, the whole mask thing has been silliness from day one. The science backs that up: Wake up, people: Science shows mask zealots were very, very wrong

Thing is, you can find all sorts of articles that try to use "science" to support or condemn mask mandates - academically. But after a year of this, the entire US became a test bed, enabling us to compare ACTUAL REAL WORLD results of mandates vs no mandates. 

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

How much are companies and Government officials being paid to endorce the vaccine?

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,794
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

No I am in the UK and we have had well over a hundred not just confirmed but requiring hospitalization thats without the ones that had " mild cases "

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

This whole mask thing is kinda funny to me. I believe they didn't want to allow the vaccinated to go maskless because, thanks to HIPAA, you are not required to reveal your health status. So, though a store can ask me if I'm vaccinated, I'm not required to divulge that information. And like the 5th amendment, it is not an indicator of "guilt nor innocence". It is simply an indicator of "unknown information" - to the questioner. And they can not ask for proof. Even though a "vaccination passport" may be legal to create, it would violate HIPAA for a store to require to see it. The best they can do, legally, is take your temperature when you enter.

There would need to be a bill passed by the congress and then signed by the president to change that.

So, once they allow the vaccinated to go mask less, they are basically allowing everyone to go mask less if they so choose.

I wear a face shield as I am exempt from wearing a mask ( I have less than 50 % of my lung capacity due to asthma and having half removed when I had lung cancer  so masks make it very difficult for me to breath )  There are a lot of people in the sae sort of situation so how on earth do they decide who can be refused service when you dont know who is not wearing a mask due to being fully vaccinated and who is not wearing a mask because they are exempt ?   There have also been areas where most people have been vaccinated and then a surge of cases as they stop taking precautions 

• Praying! 1

Just now, ladypeartree said:

No I am in the UK and we have had well over a hundred not just confirmed but requiring hospitalization thats without the ones that had " mild cases "

I wear a face shield as I am exempt from wearing a mask ( I have less than 50 % of my lung capacity due to asthma and having half removed when I had lung cancer  so masks make it very difficult for me to breath )  There are a lot of people in the sae sort of situation so how on earth do they decide who can be refused service when you dont know who is not wearing a mask due to being fully vaccinated and who is not wearing a mask because they are exempt ?   There have also been areas where most people have been vaccinated and then a surge of cases as they stop taking precautions 

I listened at the very beginning because I understand the concept of "flattening the curve", but we did that over a year ago. Now, my take is this: If you are afraid of sharing air with other people - as we were designed to do - get a full face gas mask and leave the rest of us alone. 

Have you ever seen the show, "Monk"? Everything he is afraid of IS possibly dangerous. But with the exception of him, we all live fairly normally. Imagine if he were making the rules. And that's kinda where we've been the last year. 

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,794
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

The only reason I wear a face shield is because it makes other people feel happier and less afraid and since it doesnt inconvenience me I see no reason to worry others My days on this earth are numbered and governed by God and He is the only one who knows when I will be going home 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

The only reason I wear a face shield is because it makes other people feel happier and less afraid and since it doesnt inconvenience me I see no reason to worry others My days on this earth are numbered and governed by God and He is the only one who knows when I will be going home 

I see that you are from Wales. That happens to be my heritage. I'm actually descended from John and Priscilla Alden. :)

Here in the US it is much easier to wear a mask than to not wear one. But I consider not wearing one to be my patriotic duty. I believe every generation in the US has a warning from our founders that we will have to do our part to preserve individual freedom. I'm glad I don't have to die on a beach in France or Guadalcanal, but only have to do my part to preserve individual freedom by making it difficult for others to force me to wear a mask. 

And we had a noticeable success with Wal-Mart. They had a mandate that you HAD TO wear a mask. But they got so much grief from folks like me that they backed off. That is a victory for personal freedom. And since I think masks are basically worthless, it's not like it's hurting anyone. 

Some background is important: I got rid of TV in 1997. I'm not seeing all the televised scare tactics most people see. Well, I was exposed to that stuff at a friend's house a few months ago. Heck, if I was steeped in that stuff I'd be scared to death. But I get my information from print and the internet - this included raw data sources, scientific journals, and opinion/analysis pieces. I consider this virus to be the weak sister of the flu - especially for anyone under 60. I'm 67, btw, and I don't even think about this thing except when posting at places like this or deciding whether to honor a store's mask request. 

It's not that this can't kill me. Rather, it is that the risk doesn't rise to the level of altering my behavior other than being mindful of zinc and vitamin D - and ivermectin if I should get sick.

Edit: Check out the demographic charts here: https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Edited by Still Alive

This is relevant: Blockbuster IMHE Covid Report Gets Zero Media Coverage Because It Went Against The Narratives

Yes, it's a biased source (aren't they all), but the raw information it offers is actually extremely interesting and informative.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

24 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

The only reason I wear a face shield is because it makes other people feel happier and less afraid

And it makes great protection from coop's raisins.

• Haha 3

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Vaccine roll-outs continue in Canada. Here in BC, even those with vaccines are still required to mask up. The only exceptions seem to be in the schools where gov't allows parents/staff who object are not required.

Here in the US it is much easier to wear a mask than to not wear one. But I consider not wearing one to be my patriotic duty. I believe every generation in the US has a warning from our founders that they will have to do their part to preserve freedom. I'm glad I don't have to die on a beach in France or Guadalcanal, but only have to do my part to preserve individual freedom by making it difficult for others to force me to wear one.

My wife and I, and many others wear a mask because we believe it is a form of 'loving thy neighbour'. Since that is the second great commandment, we see that as superseding any patriotic act or citizen's rights. I know that opinion will not be shared by all.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, teddyv said:

My wife and I, and many others wear a mask because we believe it is a form of 'loving thy neighbour'. Since that is the second great commandment, we see that as superseding any patriotic act or citizen's rights. I know that opinion will not be shared by all.

Yes. I see it as a form of loving my neighbor in the "tough love" vein. It's easier to not make your teenager clean their room, but they'll be better off if you make it hard on them to not do it. I'm thinking long, not short term. 

I think our culture is starting to feel the results of decades of coddling nonsense, with the idea that it will make people feel loved and respected. It is not without consequences. Jesus showed the adulterous woman love and compassion, and then told her to go and sin no more.

And the concept of individual freedom comes straight from Christianity as its primary source. On a side note, it is also the first religious belief system that seems to equate women with men. That was sort of a new thing in Jesus day. But I digress. ;) 

Edited by Still Alive