missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

It's over, folks. Just the latest of many stories I've been following the last few days:

Publix Drops Mask Mandate For Fully Vaccinated Customers And Employees

I'm posting this story and from that particular link so you can see the comments of people regarding the response to this sort of stuff. Bottom line is, expect, as one poster there said, a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Mask mandates are, in essence, over. The exception will be those that choose to continue to wear them, just like we saw in some heavily Asian parts of the world before Rona became a thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I did enjoy doing that. Making faces too. 

Every now and again I'd say to a young woman helping me at a store who was wearing a mask, "You sure have a pretty smile." Now, as a 67 year old very happily married man, I would never say that when I can actually see their face. It would be classic "creepy old guy" stuff. But it's a fun thing to say when there is no smile to see, and makes a completely different point. ;)

Edited by Still Alive
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

We don't know the whole story about this virus and the vaccine. They are telling us what they want us to hear. I don't think it is worth taking the risk on getting the vaccine. A person may not have a problem immediately but we don't know the long range risks. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

We don't know the whole story about this virus and the vaccine. They are telling us what they want us to hear. I don't think it is worth taking the risk on getting the vaccine. A person may not have a problem immediately but we don't know the long range risks. 

Which do you think is a bigger threat - a viral pandemic that has killed millions (and hundreds of thousands in the US), or a vaccine that had not been definitively implicated in any deaths in the US?

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Which do you think is a bigger threat - a viral pandemic that has killed millions (and hundreds of thousands in the US), or a vaccine that had not been definitively implicated in any deaths in the US?

They are both a threat. Mainly because there is a lot we don't really know about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, Still Alive said:

For me, this was never about the need to wear masks. The science never supported it

Be sure and ask the surgeons to not wear masks the next time you must have surgery.  Science does support the benefits of wearing masks.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:39 AM, JohnR7 said:

I wear a very thin mask and no one has ever said anything to me about that. As long as you have something on they do not go so far as to test it to see if it is effective or not. 

For me, it's important to carry out the act of not wearing one at all. The whole mask thing is theater and every player has a different role - this is mine. My not wearing one has actually started up a lot of positive conversations and even caused others to remove their masks. One guy asked me how I got away without wearing a mask when the sign said masks required. I told him the sign is just a corporate thing and the employees don't care about it, so nobody asked me to put one on. He took his off. This was in a Loves. 

BTW, I can't post a picture of my mask here so I'll have to give you a description: It's the United Airlines one I got for free last summer. It's the three layer "tighty whitey" one. I cut out two layers and spilled coffee all over it and have kept it in my pocket ever since. I've even drank coffee through it while in public (tastes awful, but again, anything for the theater). It now quite literally looks like a VERY old and dirty white men's underwear with bad skid marks right down the middle. 

Out of respect for her, I stopped wearing it while with my wife. It really disgusted her and is a reflection of both of us, so I spared her the pain. ;)

The masks are a VERY big deal to me, and it has nothing to do with the virus. It has to do with me being a student of American history and the constitution and what mask mandates represent. If they were serious they would LEGALLY do it via martial law. But a year of martial law would never fly. Well, it wouldn't have before. But that is why I don't wear a mask.

10 hours ago, Willa said:

Be sure and ask the surgeons to not wear masks the next time you must have surgery.  Science does support the benefits of wearing masks.

That's about germs, which is what they were designed for - and the difference between a virus and a germ is the difference between a basketball and a golf ball - and how at risk a person is when you peel away his epidermis (skin). Surgery exposes your inner workings to the world. God gave us an organ (our skin/epidermis) to protect us from it with only a few openings for ingesting material from this world that generally protect us from what it has to offer. But when you peel someone's skin back, you are taking a BIG risk. And even then, if it was REALLY dangerous, they'd wear hazmat suits when they operate.

With arthroscopic surgery, they probably could do it safely in an old auto shop though if they sealed off the area just outside the entry points.

Regarding science supporting the wearing of masks, it does, but only technically. It always has, yet we didn't wear them. That is because the benefit is so minor, and the impact so great. We NEED our faces. It's how we communicate. It is an outer exposure of our personalities. It is the most real part of who we are to other people. Hiding our faces is like removing pheromones' from wild animals. And for what? I miniscule chance of maybe, possibly, slightly avoiding a minor risk. 

Nope.

And the results are in. Look at the links I posted. Masks are a waste with this virus. And they carry a huge cost.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I'd rather chance the vaccine than wear a mask for the rest of my life. The Lord told us not to worry (John 14:27).

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I'd rather chance the vaccine than wear a mask for the rest of my life. The Lord told us not to worry (John 14:27).

I am a person who doesn't take risks. If God told us not to worry then why get the vaccine? He will protect you. 

• Thumbs Up 2