• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I get a flu shot every year. I have not had the flu since. Flu vaccinations have been out since the 1930's. They have proven to be safe. 

I just don't need one. My wife almost died of the flu two years ago. It lasted a month and her nurse the entire time was me. I never showed symptoms.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Would you force everybody to wear a mask, maybe for the rest of our lives, so that you don't have to get vaccinated?

I hope you don't mind if I chime in on this. 

I would have never wanted anyone to wear masks and would have just let the virus play out like all of the other flu viruses have done over the years.  Herd immunity has worked in the past. 

We all understand that underlying health conditions were already killing the majority of those who died from the covid virus and that the majority of them were young senior citizens and old senior citizens.  Point is, they were already dying from something else.  I have never had a flu shot or a pneumonia shot.  I last had the flu around 2010 then in February 2020 went to Washington State to watch my grandson play basket ball with 500 other people and a week later had a terrible flu (with all of the covid symptoms).  Then my husband had it and then several people in my office had it.  

As far as the current vaccine, there is no proof it works or for how long, no historical data on side effects and all drugs have side effects, and no FDA approval.  As long as those who have been vaccinated feel safe about not catching it and dying from it they should not worry about my decision, one way or the other. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am done with our conversations on this topic. It is not getting us anywhere.

Didn't want to answer my question, did you?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 minutes ago, debrakay said:

I hope you don't mind if I chime in on this. 

I would have never wanted anyone to wear masks and would have just let the virus play out like all of the other flu viruses have done over the years.  Herd immunity has worked in the past. 

We all understand that underlying health conditions were already killing the majority of those who died from the covid virus and that the majority of them were young senior citizens and old senior citizens.  Point is, they were already dying from something else.  I have never had a flu shot or a pneumonia shot.  I last had the flu around 2010 then in February 2020 went to Washington State to watch my grandson play basket ball with 500 other people and a week later had a terrible flu (with all of the covid symptoms).  Then my husband had it and then several people in my office had it.  

As far as the current vaccine, there is no proof it works or for how long, no historical data on side effects and all drugs have side effects, and no FDA approval.  As long as those who have been vaccinated feel safe about not catching it and dying from it they should not worry about my decision, one way or the other. 

I never used to never get flu shots till I went on Obamacare, and then Medicare, and my doctor wanted me to. I figured if I took good care of myself, my immune system would protect me without the shot - which is only 40-60% effective, anyway.

I figure the coronvirus is the same sort of thing, though more dangerous. My feeling was that if you want to wear a mask, that is fine, but please don't force me to wear a mask.

Anyhow, I have the vaccine, our governor says we don't have to wear masks anymore, and I am happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, Still Alive said:

When I'm out in public I NEVER harass those that are wearing masks. I gotta admit, though, in my five weeks in Seattle (I got back a week ago), I had to chuckle when I saw people running and bike riding while wearing masks. I bike commuted for 20 years when I lived there. I know how much air you need.

Here they walk on the beach all alone with only their dog.  Thankfully the dogs are not (muzzled) masked. LOL!

On 5/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, missmuffet said:

We don't know the whole story about this virus and the vaccine. They are telling us what they want us to hear. I don't think it is worth taking the risk on getting the vaccine. A person may not have a problem immediately but we don't know the long range risks. 

I so agree!  There are far too many unknowns about the vid vaccine which has now killed over 4000 people.

The US had the first polio epidemic in 1894.  Early polio vaccine testing began 41 years later in 1935.  In 1955 they suspended the vaccine because 11 people had died. The polio virus had no age discrimination unlike the vid.  When a plague is killing the babies, the young, the healthy, then we all need to pay attention.  The vid kills the old and unhealthy.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline#EVT_100327

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, debrakay said:

When a plague is killing the babies, the young, the healthy, then we all need to pay attention.  The vid kills the old and unhealthy.

At the end of the day, this it what it actually comes down to. But we sound heartless when we say it - even those of us over 70. 

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

There are far too many unknowns about the vid vaccine which has now killed over 4000 people.

I’m assuming vid = COVID vaccine. Where did you get the 4000 figure from?

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

When a plague is killing the babies, the young, the healthy, then we all need to pay attention.

Why shouldn’t we value the lives of older people equally?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Still Alive said:

It will now be like Asia, where you see some people wearing them because they think they help enough to do it, and others not wearing masks because they don't see it that way. i.e. people are free to choose based on their own sensibilities.

um.. actually many countries in asia either had ..or currently have.. mandatory mask regulations..

A couple of examples of countries.

Thailand

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2106951/face-mask-rules-curfews-expanded

Singapore

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-masks-going-out-law-12643120

Please note that these are just two examples.  There are other countries in asia which had or have mask rules too..

Just a small fyi that's all.

Thanks.

*ps   Please note second link article (about singapore) is originally from last year.. but mask wearing (except for very young children etc) is still going on..  Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, debrakay said:

We all understand that underlying health conditions were already killing the majority of those who died from the covid virus and that the majority of them were young senior citizens and old senior citizens.  Point is, they were already dying from something else.  

Just a small note.

In my country (which I am guessing possibly has a younger population demographic than the Usa?).. from data between march last year and april this year.. possibly almost a third of all those who died as a result Covid in my country were between 50-64 years old..  In addition there were also younger people especially those in their 30's and 40's  who also died.. but a lesser number than the 50-64 year group.

Also while many of those who died may have had underlying health conditions such as asthma or diabetes or high blood pressure etc.. that does not automatically mean they were 'dying'..  (well unless you are refering to all humans dying? :unsure:)

Many conditions such as asthma etc can often be controlled with medication.. and many people can live long lives even with those very common conditions.. 

Covid is killing them now ..as well as some people (smaller number).. who possibly don't even have those underlying conditions..

Sorry just wanted to mention this.

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc
  • Well Said! 1