• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

That is the stock fake incredulity phrase. Use another next time.

Yeshua came in Judgement on Jerusalem. Read Josephus. The lord comes and goes as He wills because ALL has been put under His Feet. EVERYTHING. We rule and reign with Him now. He is our High Priest and King. We are His kings and priest on the earth.

21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.…

The end of the 'present age' happened at 70AD. The old covenant was destroyed along with Jerusalem. We are now in the New Covenant. 

31 Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt—a covenant they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD.

24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

The return of Jesus is coincident with the end, judgement day, resurrections et all

Its been nearly 2000 years since Nero.......and we are still here.

You are too focused on what is no longer important

Galatians 3:There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

24 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I am not a premillennialist

Me neither. I have to start someplace and it is a miry bog when one dares to venture into Christian Middle Earth (www). There are so many differing ideas that even the originators might not recognize them nowadays.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

20 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Me neither. I have to start someplace and it is miry bog when one dares to venture into Christian Middle Earth (www). There are so many differing ideas that even the originators might not recognize them nowadays.

The millennium period is showing the time of the new covenant with Israel on planet earth.

--

The new covenant kingdom on planet earth begins after the first resurrection, when Jesus was resurrected, on the day of Pentecost in 33 AD.

The Pentecost gospel new covenant kingdom of Israel on planet earth ends at the second resurrection.

----

Rev 20:2, Shows Satan as the dragon. The dragon is shown in Rev 12:4 as being a nation, identified as Rome.

----

Nowhere in Rev 20 is the millennium described as a garden of Eden type place.

-----

Jesus rules with the rod of iron right now, but it is not the planet, it is the new covenant gospel kingdom of Israel. The rest of the world goes on as usual with sin.

----

The dragon Satan nation still deceives people to sin and death as always and the dragons power to destroy the people of Israel is limited in distance by the chain. See Rev 12:15-16. 

But Satan and his nation show exactly how he was restricted by what he does the first thing after he is released, that is, he deceives the gentile nations into attacking restored Jerusalem. So the way that he was restricted was that he could not destroy the people of Israel until they are restored to Jerusalem, not that there is no sin during the millennium period.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I've got to go right now but will address this evening :) 

There are myriad verses across the pages of scripture that say these things--has something changed this since the time of David?

Psa. 47:1 (ESVS)    Clap your hands, all peoples!    Shout to God with loud songs of joy!

2  For the LORD, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth.

3  He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet.

4  He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah

Psa. 47:5 (ESVS)    God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.

6  Sing praises to God, sing praises!   Sing praises to our King, sing praises!

7  For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm!

Psa. 47:8 (ESVS)    God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne.

9 The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham.   For the shields of the earth belong to God;   he is highly exalted!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

I think maybe the confusing thing for many is this : When we look around we don't readily see a victorious  earth under full control of God. Some say the control is up to us because we carry the kingdom, yet men clearly don't have that sort of control even the Spirit filled ones.

This would be an expectation for many who see the victory over evil as something that resembles a utopia.

If this is indeed the millennium it didn't shape up the way many expect. Not much different than any other time because men have always sinned and there has always been a Christian presence. What's the difference really? God has always been in ultimate control. 

The only difference is that Christ has come and risen again fully assuring us of a bright future with Him. I hear many say the devils back is broken and I agree. God clearly still lets evil men do what they do affecting all the rest of us. Spirit filled men have some sway but we aren't little gods wandering around as representatives who can pull our magic fairy wands and destroy the enemy. No God does that, not us.

From a fully external perspective not much seems to have changed so far as the earth is concerned. How much change are we really making here? 

Preterists really believe in a rapture. They just see it much much later, so to say a resurrection of the dead Christians along with those which remain won't happen  is foolish and totally false. It's the TIMING that hangs them up.

The most important aspect of this discussion so far as I can tell or for myself personally is this:

We are to to be vigilant, to be watchful as to our Lord's return. Yet if our time tables are all messed up we won't have a clue when to watch. Both futurists and preterists are watching for something with different expectations. If you think you're only 500 years into the 1000 year reign you won't watch. If you think it's always close on a scale of 1-1000 you will watch, however you will never really have any idea if it's coming in your lifetime or not. To be truly watchful is to have a very good idea of the when as it pertains to a man's life span.

Surely God would not have told those who it applied to that they should watch when He knew they wouldn't see it in their life times.

• Thumbs Up 1

For myself, brother. I take what Jesus said about the Church at the foot of Mount Hermon....the gates of hell (the enemy) will not withstand the onslaught of the Church. Remember 'gates' are defensive and not offensive. This is a picture of the Church hammering those walls.

I think the Church--the Body of Christ-- is progressively taking ground as the Kingdom Grows and influences. "on earth as it is in Heaven". Jesus gave a framework for beseeching the Father in His Name.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Alive said:

This is a picture of the Church hammering those walls.

I agree. Have you read the account of Luther's wife? It is enlightening and her story is written by a Hindu man who was sore amazed.

Edited by Justin Adams

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

I agree. Have you read the account of Luther's wife? It is enlightening and her story is written by a Hindu man who was sore amazed.

No I haven't. Can you point me to it?

BTW--that little bit about the "gates of hell" I learned from Heiser and a perfect example of how we need others to learn. In 46 years, I'd never seen that.

Col 3.16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another.....

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Starise said:

Surely God would not have told those who it applied to that they should watch when He knew they wouldn't see it in their life times.

That is a possible man-morose kinda view.

But I can imagine them all sitting around the giant screens by the throne watching...  BLINK, there's another!! Ping, there are three more! And on it goes. People's lights fade as they die and are duly noted with a black or a green X. Then a bright pink light as yet another infant is born...

And so it goes on and on.. we are just here doing our best not aware of how we are applauded when we do it right...  So it goes. As in Heaven, so on the earth.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

16 minutes ago, Alive said:

For myself, brother. I take what Jesus said about the Church at the foot of Mount Hermon....the gates of hell (the enemy) will not withstand the onslaught of the Church. Remember 'gates' are defensive and not offensive. This is a picture of the Church hammering those walls.

I think the Church--the Body of Christ-- is progressively taking ground as the Kingdom Grows and influences. "on earth as it is in Heaven". Jesus gave a framework for beseeching the Father in His Name.

Good way to look at it. 

Sometimes I come up a little short on fruition, but then I grow impatient waiting for a hamburger to be made for me at Burger King. 

Jesus told us to turn the other cheek. Maybe that was Him winding up for the knockout punch. No sarcasm intended. It's just a different sort of battle we fight.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1