• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

When I see my Lord, I will have nothing in my hands, but awe and thankfulness for His provision--His Blood. I am so glad of this to my core because I know that I have nothing to offer but what comes from Him and is of Him.

This is Grace---totally and completely unmerited. I may have a done a 'good deed' as men measures such, but Godward--I have had and will never have anything to offer.

What does a sinner bring to the slain Lamb? Why is the Lamb slain?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

So, besides God, who is you think is in charge? 

You do understand measuring time, space, history, the world by human sensibilities is a form of idolatry? Yes? You understand the word "God" has meaning and that meaning - by definition - means there can be only one God and that God MUST always and everywhere by in command and control? Yes? 

If so, why then do you follow those who create eschatologies that ignore the presuppositional realities asserted by scripture? 

There has NEVER been a time or place where God and His Son have not ruling. Any point in history may not look that way to those inside the picture frame but that is not a reasonable or rational basis for denying God's eternal sovereignty. The very verse stated plainly states the world has NOW become the kingdom of Christ. 

I do not believe you God because the world still looks very messy; You cannot possibly be ruling this mess. This mess means you are not king of the kingdom here and now. I don't care what your word states; as far as I can tell from here on earth you're not King and the world has NOT now become the kingdom.

The rude awakening is for those who think like that ^^^^^ 

Well that brings up an interesting point or two.

Luke 4:6- And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

2 Cor 4:4- In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

John14-Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and has nothing in me.

Rev 11:17-And they said,
“We give thanks to you, Lord God, the Almighty,
the one who is and who always was,
for now you have assumed your great power
and have begun to reign.

(so far, no idolaters)  You wouldn't say if this happened. But if you think it has, please describe how and when those other trumpets played out. And in this one (7th), the same about the prophets etc. and saints were rewarded....RESURRECTION. 

Heb 2-What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone.

Phl 2- And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Phl 2- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Phl 2- so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Rev 11- And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

(and so far nobody saying God ever stopped reigning) (not the issue)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,290
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Well that brings up an interesting point or two.

Luke 4:6- And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

2 Cor 4:4- In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

John14-Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and has nothing in me.

Rev 11:17-And they said,
“We give thanks to you, Lord God, the Almighty,
the one who is and who always was,
for now you have assumed your great power
and have begun to reign.

(so far, no idolaters)  You wouldn't say if this happened. But if you think it has, please describe how and when those other trumpets played out. And in this one (7th), the same about the prophets etc. and saints were rewarded....RESURRECTION. 

Heb 2-What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone.

Phl 2- And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Phl 2- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Phl 2- so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Rev 11- And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

(and so far nobody saying God ever stopped reigning) (not the issue)

yes and adding Paul's verification to this

2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Alive said:

I see problems with these statements.

Please define 'opportunity' and how that plays out across time and space.

Over the centuries and across the globe?

Everyone having the same opportunity to be saved.

Fact

God has revealed himself to all of creation, by the nature of God, down to his love and Godhead is revealed to all.  And those who respond to it and bow to God that is revealed in Creation have access to His grace. It is available to all.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [g]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 

Opinion

It is my opinion that many have been saved by Jesus because they responded to the God they see in Creation, even if they never heard His name.

Edited by Riverwalker

"my kingdom is not of this world..."

it is of , "the world to come"

All dominion that Adam lost for a world made for mankind will be restored by "the second Adam" -JESUS!

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

25 minutes ago, Uriah said:

will be

Has been.

"It is finished". The kingdom of Yeshua is Cosmic and includes this little planet.

EVERYTHING has been put under His Feet. Everything!

57 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Has been.

"It is finished". The kingdom of Yeshua is Cosmic and includes this little planet.

EVERYTHING has been put under His Feet. Everything!

Hello Justin,

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Has this already happened then?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,290
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes how very foolish to believe Scripture
Matt 23:37

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
KJV

I don't know how much obvious it must be...

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Uriah, bingo! This verse alone is enough to bring that terribly false " literal millennial reign" teaching to a crashing halt. 

Hi Walt,

The entire sentence:

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

His Kingdom is in the future, THAT is what He is saying! In the, "world to come". That is what we see in Rev. 11 at the 7th trumpet.

Just like, "the world that then was" that Peter wrote about of Noah's time, a new world is yet future.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Has this already happened then?

Was foretold in Rev.

Ya gotta read a lot of OT (Tanakh) to get in the Israeli mindset of hyperbole, hidden meaning and overstatement. This is what John and even some NT people did a great deal. You will never get it if you stick with modern ideas. Also, some of the pictorial language was to camouflage the meanings to keep the people safer.

They did not have tv or newspapers or even much flamboyant art, so they used words instead and printed vivid word pictures. Most of the early church communication was by rabbis, scribes and those that could read aloud to their audiences.

Think carefully about all that.

Edited by Justin Adams