IGNORED

God is not looking for clever and smart people but those willing and obedient.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Who me said:

Yes the spirit teaches us, principally through wiser other Christians.

I agree intelligence is no indication of wisdom, truly wise people are humble and teachable.

What do they teach us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Whyme said:

What do they teach us?

That depends on whether one interacts with them and listens to them.

They will teach from there experience and knowledge of God, directed by the spirit.

If they are truly wise will also learn from the conversation and questions of you get Christians.

2 minutes ago, Who me said:

That depends on whether one interacts with them and listens to them.

They will teach from there experience and knowledge of God, directed by the spirit.

If they are truly wise will also learn from the conversation and questions of you get Christians.

Thank you but what do they teach us? Its my opinion that you can learn from the writings of the Lord and His apostles. What can a teacher teach us that they haven't already?

A teacher may teach  Catholicism or something else i dont agree with. But the bible itself doesnt do that.` So for me its wise to seek unpolluted doctrine found in scripture.

Also some people seek out teachers that tickle their ears but that is not wisdom. 

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Thank you but what do they teach us? Its my opinion that you can learn from the writings of the Lord and His apostles. What can a teacher teach us that they haven't already?

That is the same reasoning used by Russell when he founded the watch tower tract and Bible society. Ditto for Mormons, chrisadelphians, etc etc etc.

Yes one can learn and one does learn by one's own study of the Bible, but one also checks what has been learnt with other Christians.

1 minute ago, Who me said:

That is the same reasoning used by Russell when he founded the watch tower tract and Bible society. Ditto for Mormons, chrisadelphians, etc etc etc.

Yes one can learn and one does learn by one's own study of the Bible, but one also checks what has been learnt with other Christians.

So i have a choice between Catholicism and other such teachings i dont agree with, or the watchtower. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

41 minutes ago, Whyme said:

What do they teach us?

Hopefully the Gospel truth and its application.

Eph 4:11-15  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

• For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  
  • (13)  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ
  • (14)  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  
  • (15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  
  • (16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

1Ti 6:2-5  Those who have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brothers, but rather let them serve them, because those who partake of the benefit are believing and beloved. Teach and exhort these things.  

• (3)  If anyone teaches a different doctrine, and doesn’t consent to sound words, the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness,  (4)  he is conceited, knowing nothing, but obsessed with arguments, disputes, and word battles, from which come envy, strife, insulting, evil suspicions,  (5)  constant friction of people of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. Withdraw yourself from such.
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hopefully the Gospel truth and its application.

Eph 4:11-15  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

• For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  
  • (13)  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ
  • (14)  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  
  • (15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  
  • (16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

1Ti 6:2-5  Those who have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brothers, but rather let them serve them, because those who partake of the benefit are believing and beloved. Teach and exhort these things.  

• (3)  If anyone teaches a different doctrine, and doesn’t consent to sound words, the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness,  (4)  he is conceited, knowing nothing, but obsessed with arguments, disputes, and word battles, from which come envy, strife, insulting, evil suspicions,  (5)  constant friction of people of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. Withdraw yourself from such.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors. And we have their writing in the bible. No sense following polluted doctrine when we have the teaching of actual apostles.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 minutes ago, Whyme said:

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors. And we have their writing in the bible. No sense following polluted doctrine when we have the teaching of actual apostles.

Hence the teachings not to be children, tossed back and forth and carried about with every wind of doctrine, but to withdraw from those who teach false doctrine.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

21 hours ago, Whyme said:

So i have a choice between Catholicism and other such teachings i dont agree with, or the watchtower. 

Look up the christianityexplained web site for churches in your area that run this evangelical course, or there is the alpha course if you are charismatic.

All I have been saying is that we need to be part of a fellowship where they can watch over us and we can also watch over them.

It is easy in isolation to go off at a tangent.