• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

What makes humans different from all the rest

I have determined that it is self-reflection.

I believe our ability to contemplate a “make believe” moment was first put on display by way of the “Theatre”, way back in 5th century BC

The 5th century BC started the first day of 500 BC and ended the last day of 401 BC.. or 2,521 years ago.

5th century BC - Wikipedia

That is a very long time ago

Anyway, humans are capable of being in that moment in time and space as though they were there, playing a part.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece. Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

The theatre 

image.png.49454bd607d64e8543eda5b252ffad18.png

image.png.26b0ec267c94a123ee7c35a336efbefa.png

image.png.2b39d9526d416116639c093586f67851.png

A play is a work of drama, usually consisting mostly of dialogue between characters and intended for theatrical performance rather than just reading. The writer of a play is a playwright.

Play (theatre) - Wikipedia

Humans eventually were able hear the voices of theatre, nonfiction play by way of the radio.

Anyway, the point is this created an avenue where people can become the person in the play as if you were that person. You can then revisit that play focusing on another aspect of it.

In most cases, morality is woven into the script.

There are the good guys and the bad guys; and in the end the good always wins. 

Tv sequels exemplifies as good set of moral values for the observer to experience. And it is all make believe

Make believe, also known as pretend play, is a loosely structured form of play that generally includes role-play

the individual must be intentionally diverting from reality. The individual must be aware of the contrast between the real situation and the make believe situation.

Make believe - Wikipedia

This healthy ability is what separates us from all the rest.

I watch NCIS, Seinfeld, Gunsmoke, HBO movies of all sorts, MSNBC news, Fox, its all part of the human experience that is unique to the human race; setting us apart from all the rest.

Continuing along this same thread, since theatre originated in Europe;

Do Europeans have sitcoms & comedy to watch on TV today as we do, ?

image.png

What makes humans different from all the rest.docx

Edited by briankboyce
change order

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 6/6/2021 at 12:35 AM, briankboyce said:

Rest of what?

Aliens, animal, other humans.

There are no aliens, they are demonic manifestations.

Animals, well there it is because we are made in the mage of God and your arguments follow from that.

Other humans, we are all unique, made in Gods image, but are fallen sinful beings in need of a saviour.

There are differences in intelligence, wealth etc but we are all human, there are no others.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Humans had self reflection way before 500 BC, but I think you have a point. The "a ha!" moment when humans "woke up", so to speak, marks the transition from primitive, animal nature to human nature. The exact time this occurred is unknowable but I believe this is the essence of the story of Adam and Eve in the garden.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, briankboyce said:

All the angel's and all the heavenly host, were not created in the image of God. Adam, and by extension Eve and all of humanity since, is created in the image of God. Exactly what does "in the image of God" mean, that separates us from the rest of creation? We are "imagers" and represent God in His physical absence. To reflect a Holy God, walk in righteousness and perform what we are commanded to do.

It's much too long to paste my notes here on the subject, and no one would read them anyway. But to be brief; it cannot be a set of attributes, because we share some of those attributes with the animal kingdom; and that would not make us unique, and in His image. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

12 hours ago, Who me said:

There are no aliens, they are demonic manifestations.

Watching helicopter video this morning on Fox News, of the Rio Grande, southern border; I don't know if I agree with that :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

But yes, all this UFO phenomena that was once conspiracy theory, is now officially recognized and sanctioned as real. I too believe it is demonic dimensional manifestations for the purpose of deception, and to deceive. 

By chance, have you read the official government UFO report? Evidently Washington employs a bunch of idiots that cannot get off the theory of evolution bandwagon, or they are still not disclosing what they really know.  

It's blatantly obvious in their report and findings; they purposely omitted the most logical and did not even take it into consideration; the spiritual and dimensional. After decades of classified investigation by the best minds they could come up with; tens of millions of dollars spent over the decades. And the final official conclusion they force down our throats at this point in history for us to believe: Well, we just don't know. 

This is a well known documented millennial phenomena. They treat it like it is a modern phenomena; holograms, advanced technology from another nation, light years from any technology we possess. Yeah, I believe everything the government tell us, including all these jabs. 

:soapbox:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

40 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

We are "imagers" and represent God in His physical absence.

Is this sort of like how a military commission works? Are we commissioned by God to act on His behalf in the same way an officer is commissioned by the President? For example, absent explicit orders we use our own judgement but in the presence of orders we obey?

9 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Is this sort of like how a military commission works? Are we commissioned by God to act on His behalf in the same way an officer is commissioned by the President? For example, absent explicit orders we use our own judgement but in the presence of orders we obey?

That's a pretty good analogy.

The way I presently view it, God doesn't need a spiritual or human family, God does not need anything. He wanted a family to love, and for His reasons, purpose and glory. God ordained heavenly and earthly government, and desires our participation in the administration of His creation, assignments and His will for us. 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 9/18/2021 at 1:58 AM, Dennis1209 said:

I don't know if I agree with that

There ar4 two reasons why belief in aliens/ufo's is nonsense.

1/  There is no hiding in space. against the absolute cold of space any energy emissions of heat and electronics would be very easily spotted. Like turning a spotlight on in a pitch black night, one is highly visible.

2/ Why would any et capable of getting around the fact that the light, heat and electronic emissions from there spaceship, be interested in earth?

Its like the American navy operating during ww2 in the pacific islands, they had no interest in the islanders, they were there, used as labour but of no other use. We are the stoneage islanders, so why are ufo's and there inhabitants interested in us?

They are not real, just demons deluding the gullible.

6 hours ago, Who me said:

There ar4 two reasons why belief in aliens/ufo's is nonsense.

1/  There is no hiding in space. against the absolute cold of space any energy emissions of heat and electronics would be very easily spotted. Like turning a spotlight on in a pitch black night, one is highly visible.

2/ Why would any et capable of getting around the fact that the light, heat and electronic emissions from there spaceship, be interested in earth?

Its like the American navy operating during ww2 in the pacific islands, they had no interest in the islanders, they were there, used as labour but of no other use. We are the stoneage islanders, so why are ufo's and there inhabitants interested in us?

They are not real, just demons deluding the gullible.

I suppose I was not making myself clear. I've written in detail, my thoughts on ET and UFOS on my former website and forums for a decade now. It was labeled and classified as 'conspiracy theory, and people wearing tin hats. Is it any longer conspiracy theory when other national leaders say the phenomenon is legitimate? Now our government has initiated soft disclosure and an official UFO report; changed military reporting procedures and interactions with them. There are just too many eyewitnesses, encounters by creditable people, and tons of unexplainable cell phone footage to hide it anymore. There was a conspiracy theory; it was by our government with their lies, coverup, and silence.

Our Bible goes into a lot of effort to tell us about God's two families He loves; His spiritual family and the human family He created. It's clear the Earth God created, is the crown jewel of the entire universe. He even called out a peculiar people for Himself, in which the linage of Christ came through. If Jerusalem is the center of the world, then I believe Earth is the center of the universe. 

I believe there would be a theological crisis should ET land on the White House lawn. Matthew 24: alone, with the law of the first mention, meaning pay particular attention to this. Jesus commands us not to be deceived, He repeats it two more times for emphasis to drive in the point. Our Lord is not a God of confusion and deception, but we know who is. 

I believe there is no other intelligent life anywhere else in the universe; save the spiritual realm. It's interesting to note the "official" government UFO report; their criteria of investigating and conclusions are found below:

Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf (dni.gov)

This phenomenon has been occurring for decades, centuries, and millennia. This government investigation treats it as if it is something modern, and just now manifesting itself? Read the investigation criteria; there are two blatantly obvious things they didn't consider or mention, most likely because it doesn't fit the evolution theory model; the spiritual and dimensional possibilities. 

A non-Christian not familiar with the Bible or God, reading the first chapter of Ezekiel, what three-letter acronym might a reader use to describe that 'vehicle'? 

Could we say that for the last half a century or so; humanity has been conditioned to accept aliens and superpowers? Thousands of paranormal programs, ancient alien documentaries, hundreds of UFO and demonic movies, super-hero movies and documentaries, hundreds of books written, etc. I'll omit the transhumanism programs and experimentation underway by governments. 

My personal 'suspicion' of these UFO sightings and encounters, is that of deception and conditioning by demonic forces, popping in and out of another dimension, the spiritual dimension. Most likely preparing and culminating in a near-future revelation or event? I believe these global Mary aberrations and UFO sightings are a tool Satan is using to distract and deceive. I suspect they will be a part of end-time events, one way or another. 

• Thumbs Up 1