• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Watching helicopter video this morning on Fox News, of the Rio Grande, southern border; I don't know if I agree with that :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

But yes, all this UFO phenomena that was once conspiracy theory, is now officially recognized and sanctioned as real. I too believe it is demonic dimensional manifestations for the purpose of deception, and to deceive. 

By chance, have you read the official government UFO report? Evidently Washington employs a bunch of idiots that cannot get off the theory of evolution bandwagon, or they are still not disclosing what they really know.  

It's blatantly obvious in their report and findings; they purposely omitted the most logical and did not even take it into consideration; the spiritual and dimensional. After decades of classified investigation by the best minds they could come up with; tens of millions of dollars spent over the decades. And the final official conclusion they force down our throats at this point in history for us to believe: Well, we just don't know. 

This is a well known documented millennial phenomena. They treat it like it is a modern phenomena; holograms, advanced technology from another nation, light years from any technology we possess. Yeah, I believe everything the government tell us, including all these jabs. 

:soapbox:

Consider UFO activity - or what's generally accepted as UFO activity.

Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather. - Matthew 24:28

I've been following UFO activity since the 1950's issuance of Project Blue Book in book form.  This activity is generally associated with non-corporeal observances and can be proven scientifically.  

When ANY object moves through atmosphere in excess of 760 mph (adjusting for humidity and barometric pressure) it will create a sonic boom.  I have never heard nor read of any instance wherein a UFO, which has moved at hypersonic speed, has created a sonic boom.  Such an object is by nature non-corporeal or non-physical.  One may imagine any sort of motor to drive a spaceship, but both ship and motor MUST obey the laws of physics.  Does this mean UFOs don't exist?  By no means.  It only suggests that UFOs are not composed of the sort of material we find in us and amongst us.

A culture will assign names and characteristics to things it doesn't understand.  Ancient sailors once thought they'd seen mermaids when in fact they'd seen something that resembled a human-animal hybrid.  In remote areas of South America the natives refer to strange lights in the sky not as machinery but as "witching lights".  The Bible suggests these entities congregate where human SIN is most active.  

Human SIN attracts these things - these UFOs.  Like moths to a flame, spirits seem to be attracted to humans who deliberately violate God's LAW.  Deliverance ministries, a category of Snake Oil sales in America, operate on this principle.   People who claim to be Christian complain of demonic infestation and rely upon Deliverance Ministers to remove the offending spirit(s).   However, it's commonly known these same people are often "repossessed" and appeal to the Deliverance Minister when next he/she visits town.  It happens so often that one can make a good living at removal of spiritual infestations provided one has the sales skills to do it.  Want to be really free of spiritual oppression?  REPENT of your SIN.

Hope this helps.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I was thinking about this question again(& again lol)  - I considered " free will" or just having a will is unique to all other species... Sort of, lol

For example: a monkey, one might say a monkey has a will of his own, the ability to choose to do what is right instead of what he thinks is wrong or better yet- to simply do as a monkey chooses to do- right?

Well, not really because a monkey just does what a monkey sees or has been conditioned to do.... He has no clue what right & wrong is - only that one action results in a favorable response and another in something unfavorable..... Hmmmm

Humans have the ability to " reason"- animals do not despite what it might seem like through human eyes.....

Many of you know I switched career paths decades ago to spend my entire life working with animals( many many species)..... Animals can be trained, can mimic, learn to acclimate, accomodate & survive but they do not " rationalize"...... Isnt that basically what free will is?

Interesting thoughts..... It is certainly why we have dominion over all Gods creatures, great & small- it sets us apart from the critters

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:33 AM, choir loft said:

Consider UFO activity - or what's generally accepted as UFO activity.

Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather. - Matthew 24:28

I've been following UFO activity since the 1950's issuance of Project Blue Book in book form.  This activity is generally associated with non-corporeal observances and can be proven scientifically.  

When ANY object moves through atmosphere in excess of 760 mph (adjusting for humidity and barometric pressure) it will create a sonic boom.  I have never heard nor read of any instance wherein a UFO, which has moved at hypersonic speed, has created a sonic boom.  Such an object is by nature non-corporeal or non-physical.  One may imagine any sort of motor to drive a spaceship, but both ship and motor MUST obey the laws of physics.  Does this mean UFOs don't exist?  By no means.  It only suggests that UFOs are not composed of the sort of material we find in us and amongst us.

A culture will assign names and characteristics to things it doesn't understand.  Ancient sailors once thought they'd seen mermaids when in fact they'd seen something that resembled a human-animal hybrid.  In remote areas of South America the natives refer to strange lights in the sky not as machinery but as "witching lights".  The Bible suggests these entities congregate where human SIN is most active.  

Human SIN attracts these things - these UFOs.  Like moths to a flame, spirits seem to be attracted to humans who deliberately violate God's LAW.  Deliverance ministries, a category of Snake Oil sales in America, operate on this principle.   People who claim to be Christian complain of demonic infestation and rely upon Deliverance Ministers to remove the offending spirit(s).   However, it's commonly known these same people are often "repossessed" and appeal to the Deliverance Minister when next he/she visits town.  It happens so often that one can make a good living at removal of spiritual infestations provided one has the sales skills to do it.  Want to be really free of spiritual oppression?  REPENT of your SIN.

Hope this helps.

I agree with your observations. Many UFO sightings can be explained away by natural phenomenon and science. Today with the advent of smart phones with cameras and video, with millions of eyewitness testimony from very sane and reputable people in authority, the jig is up.   

The government's official UFO analysis keeps pace with evolutionary theory. The parameters of their investigation conveniently omit the spiritual and dimensional. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member

On 2/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, Josheb said:

Scripture says otherwise. 

Genesis 1:27
 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Ephesians 2:10
 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

James 3:9
 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God;

Scripture is not "little or nothing."

Again, my assertion is that present humans are NOT created in the image of God. We possess NO eternal spark and NONE of the qualities of the character of God.  We are in rebellion AGAINST GOD.

Genesis chapter 1 is the ONLY place in the Bible where it's stated that humans were naturally created in God's image - spiritually linked to Him.   What happened to that image?  It was LOST when Eve and Adam SINNNED.   Indeed, they no longer enjoyed fellowship with God and were forcibly evicted from the pleasant situation they'd enjoyed.  They LOST the image of God they were created with.......

Every child is born in the image of its parents.  This point cannot be debated.  Thus we are all born in the image of the FALLEN father and mother of mankind - Eve and Adam.  We are born in the image of our human parents, NOT God.

For millenia humankind lived and died in this fallen image.  Two thousand years ago Christ entered the world and brought the gift of God to us - the Second Birth.  When a man accepts the Lordship of Christ into his life God comes to live with him. In doing so, we are granted the guarantee of immortal life - in Christ.  BUT WE DON'T PASS THIS ONTO OUR CHILDREN NATURALLY.  It's a spiritual gift each of us must seek and discover on his own.  

The passage you quote from James is incomplete for it doesn't refer to all men, but only to those who are brothers in Christ.  (verse 10) Indeed the entire chapter addresses the manner in which one ought to respect and consider one's brothers and sisters IN CHRIST.  The chapter does not in any way refer to humanity in general.

Being thus endowed with the GIFT of immortal life, Ephesians reminds us "we are His workmanship CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS..."   We are born AGAIN and thus born in His image, but it does not happen to us naturally.  It's a supernatural gift. 

Finally, it should be pointed out that the fallacy in considering all men as created in the likeness of God denies several Biblical assertions.  

- ONLY GOD has immortal life. (1 Tim 6:16)

- Humans die like any animal or plant. (Ecclesiastes 3:19)

- It denies the necessity to be saved.  (Acts 4:12)

- It denies the fallen nature of man.  It denies the possibility of fellowship with God or even the need to do so.  (1 John 1:3)

- It allows pagan/secular denial of heaven itself. (*)

The image of God is Recreated in us in the person and spirit of Jesus Christ and no other - with the caveat we accept Him.  Most people do not, hence most people live and die WITHOUT the image of God.

Hope this helps.

(*)

Oh Lord
Oh boy, oh well I told you
Well I told you, but I thought you'd know
There ain't no heaven
Oh Lord, there ain't no heaven
There ain't no heaven

- lyrics of "No Heaven" by DJ Champion (Amazon music unlimited)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

Again, my assertion is that present humans are NOT created in the image of God. We possess NO eternal spark and NONE of the qualities of the character of God.  We are in rebellion AGAINST GOD.

Genesis chapter 1 is the ONLY place in the Bible where it's stated that humans were naturally created in God's image - spiritually linked to Him.   What happened to that image?  It was LOST when Eve and Adam SINNNED.   Indeed, they no longer enjoyed fellowship with God and were forcibly evicted from the pleasant situation they'd enjoyed.  They LOST the image of God they were created with.......

Every child is born in the image of its parents.  This point cannot be debated.  Thus we are all born in the image of the FALLEN father and mother of mankind - Eve and Adam.  We are born in the image of our human parents, NOT God.

For millenia humankind lived and died in this fallen image.  Two thousand years ago Christ entered the world and brought the gift of God to us - the Second Birth.  When a man accepts the Lordship of Christ into his life God comes to live with him. In doing so, we are granted the guarantee of immortal life - in Christ.  BUT WE DON'T PASS THIS ONTO OUR CHILDREN NATURALLY.  It's a spiritual gift each of us must seek and discover on his own.  

The passage you quote from James is incomplete for it doesn't refer to all men, but only to those who are brothers in Christ.  (verse 10) Indeed the entire chapter addresses the manner in which one ought to respect and consider one's brothers and sisters IN CHRIST.  The chapter does not in any way refer to humanity in general.

Being thus endowed with the GIFT of immortal life, Ephesians reminds us "we are His workmanship CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS..."   We are born AGAIN and thus born in His image, but it does not happen to us naturally.  It's a supernatural gift. 

Finally, it should be pointed out that the fallacy in considering all men as created in the likeness of God denies several Biblical assertions.  

- ONLY GOD has immortal life. (1 Tim 6:16)

- Humans die like any animal or plant. (Ecclesiastes 3:19)

- It denies the necessity to be saved.  (Acts 4:12)

- It denies the fallen nature of man.  It denies the possibility of fellowship with God or even the need to do so.  (1 John 1:3)

- It allows pagan/secular denial of heaven itself. (*)

The image of God is Recreated in us in the person and spirit of Jesus Christ and no other - with the caveat we accept Him.  Most people do not, hence most people live and die WITHOUT the image of God.

Hope this helps.

(*)

Oh Lord
Oh boy, oh well I told you
Well I told you, but I thought you'd know
There ain't no heaven
Oh Lord, there ain't no heaven
There ain't no heaven

- lyrics of "No Heaven" by DJ Champion (Amazon music unlimited)

Good morning choir loft,

I’m not being argumentative, but I see it differently. You do make a logical and rational explanation with your thoughts, but let’s consider an alternative for a moment. God created humankind (His earthly family) with something, namely in His image, what does that imply and entail? Did the Lord remove His signature image from humanity because of Adam & Eve and sin?

I have some long notes on the subject, to be made in God’s image, much too long to post here. So just the short version of my thoughts:

I believe it does not mean:

(1) Any set of attributes.

(2) Consciousness or self-awareness.

(3) A distinction from the animal kingdom, etc.

Adam & Eve lost the privilege to walk in and be in the presence of God where He dwells (the Garden of Eden) because sin entered the world. They were kicked out of paradise, but their image remained, and has been passed down generationally.

I believe “in His image” may also entail us being created as a tri-part being; consisting of body, soul, and spirit.

Further, I think “in His image”, means representing God here on earth, doing his will representing Him, as His ambassadors when He is not physically present here on earth, to do His bidding. At any point, have we ceased to be His imagers, representatives, and ambassadors here on earth?

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill. (murder-humans)

There is no prohibition to kill plants, fish, and animals for food. I asked myself specifically, why we are commanded not to murder one another. What makes sense to me, is every human being ever created is in the image of God, intended to conform to His will and be obedient to His commandments, plan, and purposes.

If my thoughts are close to being correct, in effigy, murdering another imager is akin to trying to murder God and His will.

Just a point – counterpoint  😊

On 2/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Josheb said:

I understand that is your position. 

I also understand it is a position that is based upon a specific definition of God's image that is thoroughly unscriptural. The image of God is not, "eternal spark," and everything built upon that mistaken definition is also mistaken. When God first stated He was making humans in His image He made the 1) mortal, and 2) corruptible. In other words, they were never "eternal" and there's nothing about a "spark" in scripture. Furthermore, the image of God is spoken of after the disobedience of Eden AND after the individual's disobedience at least twice, once in James when he writes about the tongue and again by Paul when he writes about the image of Christ we still-mortal-and-corruptible-creatures bear. 

The "assertion" fails.

We were and remain created in God's image. God's image is not monolithic; it occurs in diverse ways AND sin does not eradicate it. God is sovereign, not sin. 

Where in Genesis does the Bible say Eve and Adam were originally mortal and corruptible (meaning subject to death)?  Chapter and verse, please.

Please reread Genesis chapter 1 - 3.  God created Eve and Adam and placed them in an idyllic setting.  God allowed them to do anything they wanted EXCEPT to eat of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (the fruit of opinion).  GOD SAID that if they ate of it they would DIE (genesis 2:17).  

In order to authenticate the FALSE assumption that modern humans have a divine spark or are created in the image of God two word definitions must be perverted.  

One is the definition of DEATH.  Death is defined as the cessation of all life.

The other is the definition of FIRE. Fire destroys all it touches.

Death is the cessation of life and Fire is that which consumes the left-overs. (As in the fate of Sodom & Gomorrah.) 

This isn't rocket science.  Scripture doesn't lie, but liars can quote scripture (as satan did to Jesus).

The assumption made in Genesis chapter 2 is that Eve and Adam WERE NOT subject to physical and spiritual death prior to their SIN.  In fact, the Bible declares over and over again that SIN leads to death (Romans 6:23) and that the normal condition of man is MORTAL.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal" - Genesis 6:3a

Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. - Ecclesiastes 3:19

In other words, the writer of Ecclesiastes is telling us there is no divine spark or 'image of God' in mankind. None at all.

Something changed in the experience of Eve and Adam when they SINNED against God's command.   They DIED.

You cannot provide ANY Biblical reference at all to support your theory that Eve and Adam were created mortal, because they weren't.   The Fall defines SIN and DEATH and its consequence with regard to knowing and loving God.  Suppositions do not suffice to prove anything except a vagrant attitude about Holy Writ.

The image of God spoken of in Genesis 1:26 isn't mentioned ANYWHERE else in the Bible.  That with which Eve and Adam were endowed "the image of God" was lost permanently and for all time.  There is no restoration of an autonomous ability to act whatsoever.

Following the advent of God in the flesh, Jesus Christ, a PROVISIONAL non-autonomous image of God was granted.  The provision for immortal life is humble repentance of SIN and acceptance of the lordship of Christ.  Nobody else is blessed with it.

Jesus stated most would reject the offer. (Matt 7:13)  In other words, an individual accepted by Christ has only a limited ability to make decisions.  This limitation is graciously provided by the urgings of the Holy Spirit.  The purpose of the epistles of the New Testament is to present the situation to believers and to teach them how to live within the new parameters of Grace - guided by the Holy Spirit.

Your statement that "IMAGE OF GOD" isn't mentioned until after the fall in chapter 3 is wrong.  Genesis 1:26 occurs before the fall.  Please reread Genesis 1-3 to clarify your understanding.  

Bottom line is that the "image"" of modern man follows the image of his FALLEN SINful parents - Eve and Adam, not God.  The image of God was LOST in Genesis chapter 3 and never seen again.  

One of the problems many folks have when they discuss "the image of God" in man is because IT WAS LOST TO US.   One cannot define a thing that no longer exists - except with regard to detailed study of the life and word of Jesus Christ.  Jesus was the ONLY MAN who was endowed with "the image of God" and who did NOT betray the trust.

Why are you so eager to defend SIN and its toxic impact upon mankind?

Edited by choir loft

22 hours ago, Josheb said:

I think you have just answered your won question. 

However, I would direct you to examine how scripture uses the term "death" because it uses that word quite diversely throughout it's while. To be physically dead is not the same as being dead in transgression and to be dead in transgression is not the same as being dead in Christ or dead to the law. None of which is experiencing the second death of Revelation. Lots of "death" in scripture. Should not be treated as identical or synonymous. 

I would also direct you to the fact Jesus 1) is the only way to God, and 2) is the resurrection and 3) the tree of life. In other words, even the good and sinless Adam and Eve were in need of the tree of life if they were to make it to God through Jesus. No other way. There is no death without life. There is no life apart from God. Neither is there any resurrection apart from death :huh:. Life, then death, then resurrection is the standard operating procedure of scripture as a whole. Enoch and Elijah are the exceptions to the rule, not the rule. Jesus was foreknown before the creation of the world as the perfect sacrifice by which we would all find eternal life. In other words, his being the resurrection was decided upon before a single atom was spoken into existence, before a single human ever drew breath, and before a single act of sin-bringing disobedience ever occurred. 

Adam and Eve and all their progeny were always going to die. 

The only question is whether it will be a death in sin or a death in Christ. ALL have sinned and fall short of God's glory. Not all will be found dead in Christ. Only humans have been offered the alternative of salvation and adoption. That is what makes humans different from every other creature ever created. 

One must pervert simple words in order to justify false doctrine.

DEATH is one of those words.

Most people, except Christians, seem to know and understand what death means.  When church folks open their Bibles they envision something completely different. They read INTO the book rather than glean truth FROM it.  This sad state of affairs begins with the first book - Genesis.

According to pagan culture, now adopted wholeheartedly by the church, humans have an intrinsic ability to survive death.  Despite there being NO EVIDENCE for this either in biology or Bible, church folks believe it.   

Eve and Adam were NOT always doomed to die.  

Please read Genesis 1-3.  In the first chapter (1:26) we read that God endowed two humans with His image.  The definition of this image is reinforced in later passages such as Colossians 1:15 where we learn Christ "... is the image of the invisible God".

Please read Genesis 2:17 where God warns that eating of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil WILL (future tense) result in death.  By this we see there was no death at the time.  Following the temptation of Eve and the SIN committed by both the sentence of death was executed. (Eve, not Adam, was tempted into SIN.  Adam was seduced by Eve into SIN.) 

Thus the image of God, as evidenced by Eve and Adam prior to the Fall and by Christ when he walked among us, is of two parts.

First is fellowship with God.  To have the image of God implies one enjoys fellowship with God.  

Second is immortal life.  To have the image of God implies one enjoys perpetual life.  

Unless one is blessed with the Second Birth, in Christ, one does NOT HAVE THE IMAGE OF GOD.  This is now true for most of humanity.  One is born in the image of one's parents.  Most people on earth recognize this fact, except church folks.  Following the Fall, all of humanity was born into the image of its parents - Eve and Adam.  

When one is Born Again, one is endowed with the image of God in Christ.  Thus the image of God is no longer defined as a natural thing.  IT WAS LOST IN EDEN.  One cannot lose a thing unless it's owned originally.

Death is defined as being physically mentally and spirituality devoid of conscious awareness and bodily function.

In order to justify perversions of Biblical context from Genesis 3 to the end of Revelation one MUST deny the fact of death and all it entails.

For if some part of mankind naturally survives physical death, then the crucifixion of Christ has no meaning whatsoever.

Death is total, the absolute cessation of ALL life.  Thus man needs a savior.

The purpose of doctrines of demons is to pervert the meaning of simple words so as to tempt into SIN.  

When the tempter teased Eve into SIN she and Adam had NOT YET tasted of it.  The possibility of death was in debate as it was not yet a fact of life.

Eve's conversation with satan is about the possibility of death.

Read Genesis 3.

"You will surely NOT die." - Satan as quoted in Genesis 3:4

IS GOD A LIAR or is the tempter telling the truth?

Which is it?

Edited by choir loft

19 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Very little in this post is correct. 

We must necessarily ask, "If the word die means what it means, and we do not "pervert" it as choir loft says we have done the Adam has to drop dead when he eats but clearly that did not happen." 

So..... does the word "die" mean die or not? If there is only one definition of death - as you seem to be asserting - and there cannot and should not be any other definition of death - as you seem to be asserting - why then did Adam not die when he was told he would die? Is God a liar? Is Adam too stupid to lie down and die when he is supposed to die? 

According to you, death has only one meaning and the word should not be perverted with other meanings. According to you, the word "death" means "being physically, mentally, and spiritually devoid of conscious awareness and bodily function. Death is total, the absolute cessation of ALL life."  

Yet none of these definitions are explicitly provided by the scriptures themselves. I look. Nowhere did I find, "devoid of conscious awareness" stated in the Bible. I did a word search and phrase search in six different English translations. Not a single one of them contained such a definition. It appears the following applies:

We could not possibly die in any way, shape, or form if we were made immortal. If death means only the total and absolute cessation of all life at the point of becoming dead in sin no further action on the part of the dead person is possible. They cannot sin a second time. They cannot walk and talk and plod through life toward the second death. If death is the total and absolute cessation of life, then there can be no second death!!! There's no life in the dead to die a second death! 

So, we must conclude the word death does in fact have several definitions. They are definitions determined as the context decides. 

It has been argued ELSEWHERE that atheists and protestant Christians work together to pervert the meaning of scripture.   

The above quoted post is a fair example of such an alliance.

For instance, protestant Christians AS WELL AS atheists argue that Adam didn't drop down dead following his consumption of forbidden fruit.   The argument denying multiple deaths (Second Death) being considered is likewise a result of atheist & protestant assertions.

The Bible says that IMMEDIATELY after eating the fruit Eve and Adam died spiritually.  They were evicted from Eden, which represents spiritual and physical life.  Eviction from Eden speaks to the Final Judgment spoken of in the book of Revelation where SINNERS are removed from the presence of God - permanently destroyed in spirit and body and mind.  The Bible says that physical death eventually caught up with Eve and Adam although it took much longer.  

Thus we see the simple fact of life that we live with today - that DEATH means total absolute cessation of life.  Does it matter whether a man lives 18 years or 80 when he lies in his grave?  Only the hyphen that separates his birth date from the date he died remains.

WHEN A MAN DIES ALL HE IS AND HAS BEEN DIES WITH HIM. There is NO eternal spark and NO Biblical hint that some part of man survives physical death.

"Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless." - Ecclesiastes 3:19

Do men die after their first SIN or even after their 491st SIN?  Obviously not.  Why not?

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

Do men repent of their SIN?  Mostly they don't even when faced with the absolute certainty of physical death and after living their lives spiritually dead.  Most men don't know God nor do they care to do so.

Instead they argue and fuss and fight over the definition of small words - words like death.

How many times does a man have to die to prove this point?

Just once.

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On 6/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, briankboyce said:

What makes humans different from all the rest

I have determined that it is self-reflection.

I believe our ability to contemplate a “make believe” moment was first put on display by way of the “Theatre”, way back in 5th century BC

The 5th century BC started the first day of 500 BC and ended the last day of 401 BC.. or 2,521 years ago.

5th century BC - Wikipedia

That is a very long time ago

Anyway, humans are capable of being in that moment in time and space as though they were there, playing a part.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece. Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

The theatre 

image.png.49454bd607d64e8543eda5b252ffad18.png

image.png.26b0ec267c94a123ee7c35a336efbefa.png

image.png.2b39d9526d416116639c093586f67851.png

A play is a work of drama, usually consisting mostly of dialogue between characters and intended for theatrical performance rather than just reading. The writer of a play is a playwright.

Play (theatre) - Wikipedia

Humans eventually were able hear the voices of theatre, nonfiction play by way of the radio.

Anyway, the point is this created an avenue where people can become the person in the play as if you were that person. You can then revisit that play focusing on another aspect of it.

In most cases, morality is woven into the script.

There are the good guys and the bad guys; and in the end the good always wins. 

Tv sequels exemplifies as good set of moral values for the observer to experience. And it is all make believe

Make believe, also known as pretend play, is a loosely structured form of play that generally includes role-play

the individual must be intentionally diverting from reality. The individual must be aware of the contrast between the real situation and the make believe situation.

Make believe - Wikipedia

This healthy ability is what separates us from all the rest.

I watch NCIS, Seinfeld, Gunsmoke, HBO movies of all sorts, MSNBC news, Fox, its all part of the human experience that is unique to the human race; setting us apart from all the rest.

Continuing along this same thread, since theatre originated in Europe;

Do Europeans have sitcoms & comedy to watch on TV today as we do, ?

image.png

What makes humans different from all the rest.docx 263.75 kB · 3 downloads

Scripture tells us and is very clear...

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

• 1 year later...

On 6/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, briankboyce said:

What makes humans different from all the rest

I have determined that it is self-reflection.

I believe our ability to contemplate a “make believe” moment was first put on display by way of the “Theatre”, way back in 5th century BC

The 5th century BC started the first day of 500 BC and ended the last day of 401 BC.. or 2,521 years ago.

5th century BC - Wikipedia

That is a very long time ago

Anyway, humans are capable of being in that moment in time and space as though they were there, playing a part.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece. Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

The theatre 

https://worthychristianforumscore-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/monthly_2021_06/image.png.49454bd607d64e8543eda5b252ffad18.png

https://worthychristianforumscore-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/monthly_2021_06/image.png.26b0ec267c94a123ee7c35a336efbefa.png

https://worthychristianforumscore-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/monthly_2021_06/image.png.2b39d9526d416116639c093586f67851.png

A play is a work of drama, usually consisting mostly of dialogue between characters and intended for theatrical performance rather than just reading. The writer of a play is a playwright.

Play (theatre) - Wikipedia

Humans eventually were able hear the voices of theatre, nonfiction play by way of the radio.

Anyway, the point is this created an avenue where people can become the person in the play as if you were that person. You can then revisit that play focusing on another aspect of it.

In most cases, morality is woven into the script.

There are the good guys and the bad guys; and in the end the good always wins. 

Tv sequels exemplifies as good set of moral values for the observer to experience. And it is all make believe

Make believe, also known as pretend play, is a loosely structured form of play that generally includes role-play

the individual must be intentionally diverting from reality. The individual must be aware of the contrast between the real situation and the make believe situation.

Make believe - Wikipedia

This healthy ability is what separates us from all the rest.

I watch NCIS, Seinfeld, Gunsmoke, HBO movies of all sorts, MSNBC news, Fox, its all part of the human experience that is unique to the human race; setting us apart from all the rest.

Continuing along this same thread, since theatre originated in Europe;

Do Europeans have sitcoms & comedy to watch on TV today as we do, ?

image.png

What makes humans different from all the rest.docx 263.75 kB · 3 downloads

SIN