IGNORED

Can You Have Faith In Day To Day Things Like Taking The Trash Out?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Is it possible to live in faith all the time? I can have faith in God and his promises, but what about my every day chores? Or going to work etc, is it possible to do all these things in faith?

If I can only please God through faith, then how can I please him when I do these day to day things?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Open7 said:

Is it possible to live in faith all the time? I can have faith in God and his promises, but what about my every day chores? Or going to work etc, is it possible to do all these things in faith?

If I can only please God through faith, then how can I please him when I do these day to day things?

Thanks

Faith doesn't mean the Lord does everything for you. It means he puts you in a manageable situation. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

God orders us to work for our food, so going to work is a good thing. God wants us to be clean so taking out the trash and cleaning our houses are good things.

God does not want us to be lazy or dirty.

“Servants, obey your masters in everything. Obey all the time, even when they can’t see you. Don’t just pretend to work hard so that they will treat you well. No, you must serve your masters honestly because you respect the Lord. In all the work you are given, do the best you can. Work as though you are working for the Lord, not any earthly master.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:22-23‬ ‭

Edited by Hopefully

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks

We each have our own cross to carry.  For some, just doing normal every day chores we take for granted takes a lot of faith for them to do so.  We should feel blessed to be able to do it with giving it a second thought.  If we have no disabilities, there really is no need for faith in these matters, is there?

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks

Open says "Is it possible to live in faith all the time? I can have faith in God and his promises,
but what about my every day chores? Or going to work etc"

I think for me it is a willingness, by abiding in Him, through faith in Him..I can do nothing, but in Him I can do all things.
If I abide in him, HE works through me. Not I but Christ!

I can have faith in God and his promises all the time, and do, much of the time, though not being perfected yet.
I do not rely on my faith to perform a given routine daily task, but my attitude is moved by "want to",  not  "have to"

"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart"  Psalm 40:8

quote;   from  O. Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest (various chapter excerpts)
"Jesus said that in His kingdom the greatest one would be the servant of all (see Matthew 23:11). The real test of a saint is not one’s willingness to preach the gospel, but one’s willingness to do something like washing the disciples’ feet— that is, being willing to do those things that seem unimportant in human estimation but count as everything to God" 

"not one who merely proclaims the gospel, but one who becomes broken bread and poured-out wine in the hands of Jesus Christ for the sake of others"   

Daily abiding in Christ is the key (for me:)

“Whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do.” The disciple who abides in Jesus is the will of God, and his apparently free choices are God’s fore-ordained decrees. Mysterious? Logically contradictory and absurd? Yes, but a glorious truth to a saint"

"We say we do not expect God to carry us to heaven on flowery beds of ease, and yet we act as if we did! The tiniest detail in which I obey has all the omnipotent power of the grace of God behind it. If I do my duty, not for duty’s sake, but because I believe God is engineering my circumstances, then at the very point of my obedience the whole superb grace of God is mine through the Atonement"

Hope this helps, Open7....
Abide;  to stay, remain in a given state, tarry, pitch a tent.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,888
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." -- Colossians 3:17

Even in mundane tasks we can work hard in a way that honors God and glorifies him. We can take out the trash regularly, separate and recycle, and thank God for the physical strength to do so, and for the workers who work hard to collect and dispose of it, and the people who create equipment that does a better and better job of it and contributes to a cleaner and more sanitary community. Most people pay no mind to these things. When we do, seeing God providing even in mundane areas of life like this, and thanking him for that, we honor him.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/13/2021 at 6:07 PM, Open7 said:

The faith comes by hearing Jesus' voice (Rom 10:17). If you hear His voice, don't make hard your heart (Heb 3:8,15): do what Jesus enjoined and you will be walking by faith, even doing physical works and tasks.